Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Probably just typical BS from the Sun, but hypothetically speaking, at £500K/week I would expect no less than an 8/10 performance every match. That's not going to happen.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Pay the man. He is our only true star player at the minute. We should be building the team around him for the next 4 to 5 years. If it takes 500k a week to do it then so be it. Real, Barca, Juve, they pay their top players the top bucks. He's our top player.

el3mel

I would have commented if that's was not the Sun. Not even worth reading the article in that case imo.

purgethefallen

10 goals 10 assists probably more. Paul Pogba is NOT the problem.
Is it not like 6 goals are from penalties? Makes his numbers look a lot worse in that scenario.

He hasn't got the mental strength to be a Manchester United player. If he could combine a 100% effort with his undoubted talent then you would have one of the best players in the world. Unfortunately, he can't be arsed a lot of the time and in that case it is like starting the match with only 10 players.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Is it not like 6 goals are from penalties? Makes his numbers look a lot worse in that scenario.

He hasn't got the mental strength to be a Manchester United player. If he could combine a 100% effort with his undoubted talent then you would have one of the best players in the world. Unfortunately, he can't be arsed a lot of the time and in that case it is like starting the match with only 10 players.
Starting with 10 players? Since Ole took over Pogba has been Man Utd's best player, so I don't think you really know what you are talking about.

captain666

Time to do some serious business with Zidane,if they genuinely want Pogba,De Gea and Bailly then our minimum demand should be Varane,Kroos plus cash!
Woodhead has seriously fecked us with the Sanchez contract,every player is now going to demand huge increases,we need to stand firm in most cases.

crossy1686

career ending
Time to do some serious business with Zidane,if they genuinely want Pogba,De Gea and Bailly then our minimum demand should be Varane,Kroos plus cash!
Woodhead has seriously fecked us with the Sanchez contract,every player is now going to demand huge increases,we need to stand firm in most cases.
We can take Varane but we don't want anyone else. We should just rinse them and use that money to snap up the best young talent there is. We don't need more players on the wane costing silly wages.

Needham

We can take Varane but we don't want anyone else. We should just rinse them and use that money to snap up the best young talent there is. We don't need more players on the wane costing silly wages.
You must admit the initial 2 week buzz before we realize they're past it is almost worth it. We've got Schweinsteiger! We've got Sanchez! And then we can all get on with doing what we love doing most: whining like a savage pack of unpleasable hyenas.

NJM78

Well with that analogy it's actually like starting with 8 players when you include Lingard and Young, they may be arsed but are rubbish most of the time.

F miah

Matter of time before his gone. Not being in the champion league next season will be a blow, this might push him of leaving this summer.

Mainoldo

I don’t get how we question the mental strength of a player who wins the World Cup starting for his country in comparison with how things stand the 6th place team in our league.

We are all United fans but have a bit of realism to your logic. As I’ve said before Pogba is not the problem.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I don’t get how we question the mental strength of a player who wins the World Cup starting for his country in comparison with how things stand the 6th place team in our league.

We are all United fans but have a bit of realism to your logic. As I’ve said before Pogba is not the problem.
C'mon mate. Everything will be fine when we get rid of Pogba. Ditch the suspect David De Fraud too and we have got the making of a proper late 80s United side.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Mourinho tried this and was reportedly left with no doubts about who Woodward and the club valued more highly, and would back, if it came to it.

It would be suicide for Solskjaer to try it.
I'd like to think Ole has a lot more "cash: in the MUFC bank than Jose did...

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I know it's The Sun.. but they are claiming he wants £500,000 a week. what do the old rooney haters have to say to that? I've got two words for him: Feck Off!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Pay the man. He is our only true star player at the minute. We should be building the team around him for the next 4 to 5 years. If it takes 500k a week to do it then so be it. Real, Barca, Juve, they pay their top players the top bucks. He's our top player.
he is so far from being a star that he's not even in the same universe as the likes of Ronaldo. build the team around him and disaster looms

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The stuff lukakus representative came up with is a lot worse

http://www.skysports.com/share/11684497

He’s hardly mbappe FFS
I don't see anything wrong with a player wanting to play in multiple countries throughout his career. You can't expect non-British people to want to live in Greater Manchester or Cheshire all their life. I'd rather be living and working abroad if I had the opportunity too.

This is why a longer term planning and a Director of Football are so important to manage the squad outside of the short term periods of each manager.

Dante

Average bang
Pogba out, Coutinho in would be a decent transfer in both financial and football terms.

About the same age, about the same productivity about the same quality, but we'd probably make a profit.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I know it's The Sun.. but they are claiming he wants £500,000 a week. what do the old rooney haters have to say to that? I've got two words for him: Feck Off!
:lol: get a grip seriously.

So many very strange posters about these days.

Canagel

Pogba out, Coutinho in would be a decent transfer in both financial and football terms.

About the same age, about the same productivity about the same quality, but we'd probably make a profit.
Same quality? coutinho cannot lace PP's boots. One is argusbly top 3 talent in the world and the other one can't make a name for himself at Barce. PP playing along side the likes of Messi, dembele and suarez will rack up 25 assists minimum for the season.

Last edited:

Cliche Guevara

I don't see anything wrong with a player wanting to play in multiple countries throughout his career. You can't expect non-British people to want to live in Greater Manchester or Cheshire all their life. I'd rather be living and working abroad if I had the opportunity too.

This is why a longer term planning and a Director of Football are so important to manage the squad outside of the short term periods of each manager.
How?

Canagel

You choose what you want to believe because you don't like the player. even started saying 'I know it's the sun'. :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
he is so far from being a star that he's not even in the same universe as the likes of Ronaldo. build the team around him and disaster looms
Well i mean, 500k a week is about half what Cristiano gets. So yeah, not in the same universe

Eric's Seagull

Not sure about the £500,000 per week as it comes from The Sun. But I have thought all along that paying Sanchez ridiculous wages (I've read between £350,000-£500,000) was going to come back to haunt us as any player knows that we are willing to pay ridiculous wages and if they think they are on that level many are going to ask for ridiculous wages. Personally I want him to stay but he might be concerned about winning the Champions League and he may think that he has a lot better chance of winning it at Real than here.

Melville Red

Looking at our fixtures I honestly can’t see us finishing fourth.
With that in mind will Pogba demand to go? Personally I hope he does go, I’ve said it since I joined this forum, he’s a bloody liability. If only he would play a bit because at the moment his performance are not going to generate the transfer money that is been banded around here.
I think we will be lucky to get what we paid for him, I mean just look at his last few outings since PSG, would you pay £100+ I wouldn’t let alone the wages he’s supposedly asking for.
And this crap about him being our best player, what a joke, if Lindelhof and Shaw played with his attitude and at his performance level we’d be leaking more goals and probably be in seventh or Worse!

Yagami

Good post resistant
Same quality? coutinho cannot lace PP's boots. One is argusbly top 3 talent in the world and the other one can't make a name for himself at Barce. PP playing along side the likes of Messi, dembele and suarez will rack up 25 assists minimum for the season.
Plus Pogba loves running from deep into the oppo box and is quite lethal in there. Imagine him on the end of some of Messi's passes? He'd probably not only get all those assists but reach Lampard numbers, too!

Fridge chutney

We need to wise up to the fact that these numbers aren't one-off contracts and will have implications for every single contract renewal at the club. Sanchez has fecked up the wage structure enough and we already overpay for mediocrity. I'd say get rid and buy Eriksen (who's on 75k p/w and is approaching the last year of his contract as well. He can also slot in nicely at AM which is where Pogba is playing atm).
I disagree. This is what we should do:

1) Sell Sanchez. Subsidize his wages if necessary

2) give Pogba a pay rise. He's our best outfield player.

3) buy Eriksen. Should cost 25-30 M

Midfield would be strengthened substantially.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
You choose what you want to believe because you don't like the player. even started saying 'I know it's the sun'. :lol:
well rooney's salary was never revealed (it was just press stories) so I don't get your point

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I get this hunch, you don't like Paul Pogba? Is that fair to say?
nothing against him as a person.. he just happens to be one of the most overratted footballers to have pulled on a Unied shirt

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I disagree. This is what we should do:

1) Sell Sanchez. Subsidize his wages if necessary

2) give Pogba a pay rise. He's our best outfield player.

3) buy Eriksen. Should cost 25-30 M

Midfield would be strengthened substantially.
I'm going take a wild guess and say this is a joke...