Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sparky Rhiwabon

You forgot to mention that we did resign Mata....:rolleyes:
Yeah I was going to add him but I don't really see him as a central midfielder, even in a "three". More a remnant of the tactically outdated "number 10" role, and past his best even then. Hopefully will be no more than a cameo option / domestic cups duty.

TrueRed79

He won't survive at RM if he goes there. The fans will see right through his bs and half arsed performances. Only thing i hope for is that we absolutely rinse them and get every last penny out of them, but they can certainly have him. Theres no way we can have him around the club if wants to leave and the way he announced it at an official event shows his complete lack character and respect for the club. Will be glad to see the back of him.

Pav1878

If we sell Pogba and replace him with Longstaff, we will be an even bigger laughing stock than we are now.

Feels like when we sold a wantaway Ronaldo and replaced him with Valencia.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
If we sell Pogba and replace him with Longstaff, we will be an even bigger laughing stock than we are now.

At least Valencia was premier league proven. Longstaff has played less than ten games in the PL.

I have no issue in signing Longstaff as a prospect. But signing him for the first team will be negligence of the highest order.

deleon

If we sell him and Real Madrid can't afford the fee, can we ask for a cut of their income derived from his image/commercial rights? Would that be against any FIFA rule?

That way, they can't say they don't have the money. And they can't argue he's not worth the amount, since we are literally asking for a percentage of what he's worth. And if they refuse, it gives Zidane an excuse to throw a fit about the hierarchy placing commercial interest above football.

The last one doesn't benefit us in any way. It's just something I wouldn't mind seeing happen.

Canagel

Let's face it, as frustratingly inconsistent as Pogba can be, he's our best player and our central midfield is toast if he goes.

Matic - good but fading
McTominay - inexperienced
Fred - unconvincing so far
Pereira - meh

Herrera (one of our best players last season) and Fellaini gone

Oh dear.
Cue fans moaning about lack of creativity again.

elsparkio

If the rumour is true that RM are looking at including Bale as part of a deal, then absolutely snap that up. And would expect there would be cash involved too. Bale and Erikson would be unreal. Offload Pogba and Lukaku and replace them with Erikson and Bale. It's all a bit mad, but if Maguire comes through and those two on top of that, it would be the best transfer window in recent memory.

BaneIsPain

I don’t think he will leave this summer but I bet this saga will continue for another 1-2 seasons

Pav1878

At least Valencia was premier league proven. Longstaff has played less than ten games in the PL.

I have no issue in signing Longstaff as a prospect. But signing him for the first team will be negligence of the highest order.
I agree. Will be interesting to see if we can develop him into a top quality player but bringing him into be a starter now is a massive gamble. You just have to see how he struggled against Liverpool last year.

I know teams and players did too but imo that should be the benchmark, not only because they are our biggest rivals but also because they were the best team in Europe last year. We need to bring in players to compete with them and city, that's the quality we should be looking for. And we need to compete now, not in three years time

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
If the rumour is true that RM are looking at including Bale as part of a deal, then absolutely snap that up. And would expect there would be cash involved too. Bale and Erikson would be unreal. Offload Pogba and Lukaku and replace them with Erikson and Bale. It's all a bit mad, but if Maguire comes through and those two on top of that, it would be the best transfer window in recent memory.
The club don't want Bale.

arthurka

If Juve or Madrid want him they will need to cough it up. No fecking Bale or that kind of bullshit will help.
I would like us to sign Fernandes and if Pogba leaves get Eriksen on the blower. I really couldn´t care less about him. if he goes he goes or if he stays he stays, point is that he has been pivotal in this mess and is to blame as well.
The only thing he might have done good for us is to get Mourinho fired.

StrettyEnder07

Longstaff and Pogba play completely different positions

elnorte

Freaky fly day
That's not a good idea.

Holocene

It's not football manager, you think Juve or Madrid can afford 150m, no chance. Dybala and 70M cash is an absolute no brainer
You mention it's not Football Manager and then assume Dybala will agree to join United. Why would he leave Juve, especially when they have a new manager?

StrettyEnder07

You mention it's not Football Manager and then assume Dybala will agree to join United. Why would he leave Juve, especially when they have a new manager?
Just going on the links on the transfer tweets from the Italian media guy, said I would take that all day not that I expect to it happen, put your toys back in your pram lad

StrettyEnder07

Dybala would end up being another Di Maria.
You think? I don't think he is that much of a shithouse personally, would defo prefer that option to the others being mentioned, Bale/Costa/Sandro/Matuidi etc.

Personally think Pogba will stay as can't see Madrid or Juve having the money and I don't think United will accept a player plus deal.

StrettyEnder07

madrid spent 130m on a plauer three weeks.ago.
Yeah and have spent nearly 400M in total, they were hoping to recoup a lot of that thinking they would get a decent amount of Isco and Bale but none of that is happening at present.

You think they are going to spend what over 600m in one window with FFP etc.?

StrettyEnder07

I know, but I'm talking about the midfield in general and the quality of those players
Yeha I mean if he brings in Fernandes, Longstaff to push Matic out and fight with McTominay for DMC position and maybe another mid if Pogba goes, then happy days.

Personally think he might struggle to fit Fernandes and Pogba in the same midfield unless he plays a diamond as neither of them will do any defensive work at all.

Next few weeks should see how we are going to set up anyway.

cyberman

Yeah and have spent nearly 400M in total, they were hoping to recoup a lot of that thinking they would get a decent amount of Isco and Bale but none of that is happening at present.

that choice was theirs. Why should United compromise when they blew their budget elsewhere? Theyre not entitled to Paul

EireRed_GS

Ole should have ordered him back with the rest of them after his comments about wanting out. We dont have time to be waiting about on Pogba deciding what he's going to do. Get him back and tell him to decide now. If he wants out, get it sorted and get a good available replacement asap (ie, fernandes). If he feels like staying, he should be told to get his affairs in order and put his head down and work.

I personally would ship him out for as much as possible asap no matter what he wants now. Start afresh in MF with some new faces in Fernandes & someone else.

StrettyEnder07

This explains how Madrid can easily afford Pogba should they actually want him despite what they have already spent this year;

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48664706
Would that blow their budget going forward for Jan/Summer next year?

Would love to see him break down our figures as well as we hardly spent a penny in the last 3 windows have recouped about 70m and yet we are apparently skint, but we earn in and around similar figures to Madrid from a commercial point of view.

All very interesting but I would be astounded if they spent 5/600m in one window, suppose we will find out but can't see it personally.

Slevs

likes to play with penises

And why is that our problem? If they have cash problems, raise some by selling other players. We're not a charity.

StrettyEnder07

that choice was theirs. Why should United compromise when they blew their budget elsewhere? Theyre not entitled to Paul
That choice is theirs your right, personally I hope they do blow 150m on Pogba, dreamland if that happened!

StrettyEnder07

And why is that our problem? If they have cash problems, raise some by selling other players. We're not a charity.
What are you on about?? No shit were not a charity, if they offered us 150m for Pogba would drive the clown there myself.

Not saying it is our problem, am saying I can't seem them paying just cash due to what they have already spent this summer.

Don't try and put words in my mouth

Pav1878

Yeha I mean if he brings in Fernandes, Longstaff to push Matic out and fight with McTominay for DMC position and maybe another mid if Pogba goes, then happy days.

Personally think he might struggle to fit Fernandes and Pogba in the same midfield unless he plays a diamond as neither of them will do any defensive work at all.

Next few weeks should see how we are going to set up anyway.
Yeah true, will be interesting to see how the midfield shapes up.

I think Ole wants more dynamism and work rate in there. The key is getting that work rate from talented players who are great on the ball, as Pep gets from KDB and the Silva's, and how Klopp gets from his front three.

I personally think Pogba needs other ball playing midfielders to play with and bounce off, rather than having to take the full creative burden on himself, where he often over does it and loses the ball.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Why? Bales talent is not in question surely? Proven in the Prem and also has a point to prove. Would you turn him away?
Proven in the Premiership?
When was that exactly, about 7 years ago..?

Not disputing his talent, its his problems with injuries, and at 30 years of age that isn't miraculously going to improve, especially coming into one of the most physically demanding leagues imaginable.
Lets not even get into his astronomical wages, currently about £600k per week I believe...

StrettyEnder07

Yeah true, will be interesting to see how the midfield shapes up.

I think Ole wants more dynamism and work rate in there. The key is getting that work rate from talented players who are great on the ball, as Pep gets from KDB and the Silva's, and how Klopp gets from his front three.

I personally think Pogba needs other ball playing midfielders to play with and bounce off, rather than having to take the full creative burden on himself, where he often over does it and loses the ball.
Yeah I agree mate, I think McTom could do very well as the DMC and if we sort the back line out, we can maybe afford one more creative midfielder in there as with Matic, Herrera, no right hand side and Lukaku up front, he didn't really have anywhere to go Pogba.

If we can have a tight back four and an energetic hard working DMC, two creative midfielders either side of them would potentially give Pogba a bit more room to operate as the decent sides just suffocates him and that pretty much stops us playing haha

Rosen

Sell this snake ASAP! Take Bruno and Ceballos and move on! Sooner we ship him out of our team - better we`ll be!