Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StrettyEnder07

Proven in the Premiership?
When was that exactly, about 7 years ago..?

Not disputing his talent, its his problems with injuries, and at 30 years of age that isn't miraculously going to improve, especially coming into one of the most physically demanding leagues imaginable.
Lets not even get into his astronomical wages, currently about £600k per week I believe...
You can't exactly put blame on the guy for going to Madrid and tearing it up winning 3 UCLs haha, he tore the Prem up when he was here and has pretty much done the same in La Liga bar the last two years.

Not saying I want him because I don't but you can't say he is not Premier League proven.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Yeah I was going to add him but I don't really see him as a central midfielder, even in a "three". More a remnant of the tactically outdated "number 10" role, and past his best even then. Hopefully will be no more than a cameo option / domestic cups duty.
Trouble is, what other position for Mata is there apart from CM..? Are we going to play him RW..??
We have just given him a new 2 year contract at £140k per week, that's a basic of approx £15m for that period, for a player "past his best, with no position, and just a cameo role"?

Rusholme Ruffian

Would that blow their budget going forward for Jan/Summer next year?

Would love to see him break down our figures as well as we hardly spent a penny in the last 3 windows have recouped about 70m and yet we are apparently skint, but we earn in and around similar figures to Madrid from a commercial point of view.

All very interesting but I would be astounded if they spent 5/600m in one window, suppose we will find out but can't see it personally.
Yep, their owners want them to be the most successful club in the world though. Ours want us to be the most profitable.

Ikon

Not saying I want him because I don't but you can't say he is not Premier League proven.
No, I'm saying that 7 years is a very long time in a player's career, and how he was able to perform 7 years ago, bears no reflection of how he is able to perform today.

Hammondo

You can't exactly put blame on the guy for going to Madrid and tearing it up winning 3 UCLs haha, he tore the Prem up when he was here and has pretty much done the same in La Liga bar the last two years.

Well he struggled at times to even start for RM, to say he ripped it up is a massive exaggeration.

StrettyEnder07

No, I'm saying that 7 years is a very long time in a player's career, and how he was able to perform 7 years ago, bears no reflection of how he is able to perform today.
Yeah what I'm saying in his is proven in this league, just a question on whether his legs have gone or not, which I'm 50/50 on, hence why don't want to take a chance and let him stay in Madrid.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sell this snake ASAP! Take Bruno and Ceballos and move on! Sooner we ship him out of our team - better we`ll be!
You have 3 posts in 10 years. And this is one of them? You really must hate him.:lol:

StrettyEnder07

Well he struggled at times to even start for RM, to say he ripped it up is a massive exaggeration.
100 goals, 64 assists in 217 with 9 of those goals/assists coming in finals, he has won 14 titles in 5 years.

That to me says different, that to me says he has torn it up and that to me says its anything but an exaggeration.

Ace of Spades

I think he will be sold if clubs can pay the asking price of 150m+, which is unlikely this season. The players they are offering do not interest us, so I expect he will stay one more season and then sold next.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
It's quite arrogant of Madrid to think they can just offer us their cast-offs and change to get Pogba.

Real seemingly cannot afford the £150m+ required so considering the commercial asset Pogba is (forget about being our irrefutable best player), you would have to prise him away from the Glazers cold dead hands before they got him this summer.

I don't think we would accept Juventus' offer, too. Dybala is overrated. We want cash only which no-one seems capable of.

I'm surprisingly confident he's staying this summer at least.

Last edited:

Robbo*

Sorry if it’s been covered already, but why isn’t Pogba back in training this week?

Sparky Rhiwabon

Trouble is, what other position for Mata is there apart from CM..? Are we going to play him RW..??
We have just given him a new 2 year contract at £140k per week, that's a basic of approx £15m for that period, for a player "past his best, with no position, and just a cameo role"?
Sounds like you've got it about right! Now, where is the Director of Football???

Ah well, at least he's a lovely bloke.

Gandalf

Sorry if it’s been covered already, but why isn’t Pogba back in training this week?
He was given permission to report back later in the week along with several other players who were involved in internationals etc. I thought he was due to return today but I assume that meant he was flying in as he was still in New York last night. I expect he will show up tomorrow for what the papers have been calling "showdown" talks with Ole.

elsparkio

Proven in the Premiership?
When was that exactly, about 7 years ago..?

Not disputing his talent, its his problems with injuries, and at 30 years of age that isn't miraculously going to improve, especially coming into one of the most physically demanding leagues imaginable.
Lets not even get into his astronomical wages, currently about £600k per week I believe...
Still proven in the Prem. Even if it was 6 years ago. He would have to take a cut in wages, but he probably will considering his position in Madrid at the moment. Would prefer a player who is going to put in a shift for 20-25 games a season than some clown who strolls around the pitch and has 1 good game in 5.

IAN HEALY

If nobody has the cash for him and instead we get offered expendable players from potential buyers in lieu of money then shouldn't that inform the player himself that these clubs just aren't that into him ? Its not like his potential suitors haven't already made big money signings this summer, they just don't think he's worth it.

Ikon

Still proven in the Prem. Even if it was 6 years ago. He would have to take a cut in wages, but he probably will considering his position in Madrid at the moment. Would prefer a player who is going to put in a shift for 20-25 games a season than some clown who strolls around the pitch and has 1 good game in 5.
That's makes zero sense.
Especially since he has made it publicly known that he is happy to just play golf for the remaining three years of his contract rather than take a pay cut to play elsewhere.
Yeah, that really sounds like a player that would be commited to giving his all 100% for United...

Gandalf

That's makes zero sense.
Especially since he has made it publicly known that he is happy to just play golf for the remaining three years of his contract rather than take a pay cut to play elsewhere.
Yeah, that really sounds like a player that would be commited to giving his all 100% for United...
He said nothing of the sort. He said he has a 3 year deal and wants to play at Madrid, the comments about golf are from Madrid who are trying to shame him into taking a move he doesn't want. I don't particularly want him here but the smear tactics from the Spanish press are as obvious as they are distasteful.

Ikon

He said nothing of the sort. He said he has a 3 year deal and wants to play at Madrid, the comments about golf are from Madrid..
I believe that came from his agent, who also said Bale would be available anytime Zidane called upon him.

RoyH1

This explains how Madrid can easily afford Pogba should they actually want him despite what they have already spent this year;

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48664706
We should sticky this somewhere. The question of "how does Real Madrid afford this?" pops up every page or so. Some fans here apparently believe that we're the only wealthy club in the world.

For the record, I don't think we're selling. Cannot see Woody selling his only expensive toy.

It's B Rubble

I'm not questioning the genuineness of your frustration man, just found what you said very surprising and definitely not in a good way.

Don't know what the details of the event were, maybe Adidas decided on what happens and how long Pogba stays. Playing devil's advocate, maybe he was on a schedule to catch a flight back to England because he is supposed to be back in training tomorrow? I don't know, just trying to make sense of it all.
Yea I was very surprised as well. He represents Manchester United where ever he goes. But it seems he just represents Adidas and Paul Pogba. He definitely had a flight to catch but a simple “what’s up guys” would’ve made a lot of fans happy. I kicked my Pp hat towards security in frustration :angel:. Just really irked me he threw his hood up and ran into the car ala “no pictures “ thing he has going on. What about the children?

elnorte

Freaky fly day
You think? I don't think he is that much of a shithouse personally, would defo prefer that option to the others being mentioned, Bale/Costa/Sandro/Matuidi etc.

Personally think Pogba will stay as can't see Madrid or Juve having the money and I don't think United will accept a player plus deal.
We've just seen this crap happen too many times and that's why nothing but pessimistic about the chances of Dybala being success despite thinking he was great just a couple of years ago. I've just given up hope that any of these 'high profile' signings are going to work out.

You might be right of course and he'd turn out brilliant but if nothing else I absolutely agree with you on Bale (and probably the others too).

Steven-UK

It's quite arrogant of Madrid to think they can just offer us their cast-offs and change to get Pogba.

Real seemingly cannot afford the £150m+ required so considering the commercial asset Pogba is (forget about being our irrefutable best player), you would have to prise him away from the Glazers cold dead hands before they got him this summer.

I don't think we would accept Juventus' offer, too. Dybala is overrated. We want cash only which no-one seems capable of.

Maybe they just don't think he is worth that kind of money? I certainly don't. I don't think there is as much interest in this lad as many seem to think.

IrishRedDevil

Maybe they just don't think he is worth that kind of money? I certainly don't. I don't think there is as much interest in this lad as many seem to think.
The selling club dictates the fee.
Felix (an unproven teenager) just got bought for £113m, Leicester want £80/90m for Maguire etc, so if United want £150m for a player they paid £89m for, either Real pay up or move on to another target.

Gandalf

So far as Real are concerned I do wonder if it is Zidane who is interested and Real are pacifying him by making a half hearted attempt to sign him in the hope that when they fail he will be satisfied with his other signings and the fact that they tried to get Pogba. I think the interest from Juve is a little more tangible and with so many free transfers in it seems they would still have the cash to spend if they want to.

MuranoLover

Who the feck answers No? Omg.

It is like choosing between a wife that does not want to sleep in the same bed with you and another that does not want to see you ever wearing clothes.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Who the feck answers No? Omg.

It is like choosing between a wife that does not want to sleep in the same bed with you and another that does not want to see you ever wearing clothes.
Is the second wife hot or not?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
So far as Real are concerned I do wonder if it is Zidane who is interested and Real are pacifying him by making a half hearted attempt to sign him in the hope that when they fail he will be satisfied with his other signings and the fact that they tried to get Pogba. I think the interest from Juve is a little more tangible and with so many free transfers in it seems they would still have the cash to spend if they want to.
Maybe but I personally think that they are trying it seriously , although there are articles starting to talk about the discomfort of the club for his insistence.
https://www.elconfidencial.com/depo...aul-pogba-florentino-ceballos-zidane_2102042/
I think Florentino is not completely convinced, and he has very easy the signing of Eriksen, much cheaper, less salary and would not have to bring Raiola in the club, but Zidane insists on a more physical Madrid.
Marca did a survey a week ago "you would prefer to pay 60-70 for Van de Beek or 150-180 for Pogba". 160000 votes and Van de Beek won with 67%. They are deceptive surveys, but more or less indicate that people are not entirely convinced and Madrid love surveys.
https://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2019/06/27/5d130fa646163fe2338b45c6.html

LuckyScout78

Im dreaming of Ilaix Moriba already for United. How on earth did Barcelona found, discovered that boy.
I cant wait to see him on a senior level.
Barca. 50 £ mill + plus that boy then i will give you Pogba.
Or Coutinho + Moriba would be a good deal too.

Messi, Pogba and De Jong. You guys are gonna to win ch.league next season.

Look at the kid. 16 years old.

Lucky Barcelona for having Moriba in their club. 16 and already has scored goals a la Pogba and Rooney.

United will not win premier league th next 2/3 years or more. Plan to taking over premier and ch.league. When all those worldclass players Messi, Ronaldo, Aguero have retired and Salah on his last years. Then its time to taking over. Which team will dominate european football after Messi, Ronaldo and Aguero have quit?

Know yours and yours enemies abilities and level, combine with most lucky guy on the poker table. Sum of those things. It will result, lead you on the winning road.

Again, this Moriba boy. I would easily make a swap deal. Moriba time is coming. If the script is already written, he wil shine.

reddevilz007

What ? That wouldn't be near enough
Ceballos’ price probably went up after the U21s, probably to 40-50 mil.

So 100 mil + Ceballos for Pogba is a fair swap for us.

Then you go get Fabian Ruiz and Olmo with that cash.

Add Longstaff, and you have an exciting young and hungry squad.

Hughes35

I have to disagree on the Dybala thing. I cannot see the stories being true and I doubt he would come here / Juve want rid. I do think that he is a class act though and would be a brilliant signing for us.

If we did get 70 million for Pogba + Dybala. We could use the cash to sign Fernandes and have Dybala in attack. That would be brilliant business....... sadly won't happen though.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Ceballos’ price probably went up after the U21s, probably to 40-50 mil.

So 100 mil + Ceballos for Pogba is a fair swap for us.

Then you go get Fabian Ruiz and Olmo with that cash.

Add Longstaff, and you have an exciting young and hungry squad.
Ceballos is nowhere near good enough for what we'd need, U21 tournament is nice and all but that means nothing for how he'd possibly adapt at United.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Ceballos is nowhere near good enough for what we'd need, U21 tournament is nice and all but that means nothing for how he'd possibly adapt at United.
Ceballos seems a very interesting player for the future. It would surprise me if Madrid let him escape without a buyout clause.

StrettyEnder07

We've just seen this crap happen too many times and that's why nothing but pessimistic about the chances of Dybala being success despite thinking he was great just a couple of years ago. I've just given up hope that any of these 'high profile' signings are going to work out.

You might be right of course and he'd turn out brilliant but if nothing else I absolutely agree with you on Bale (and probably the others too).
Yeah mate, everyone we sign these days seems to be a massive risk, only one in recent times who has been what was expected was Zlatan. Lindelof is becoming what we hoped but Bailly, Pogba, Sanchez, Lukaku, Martial, Fred all been very underwhelming so i am like you mate.

I have always been a massive fan of Dybala but would not surprise me in the slightest if he came and flopped, be just our luck!

I'm happy buying young hungry players who know what it means to play for United and will give everything for the shirt, want to see some fight and character in the team not a load of prim donas just picking up their monthly paycheck.

Jib

Maybe but I personally think that they are trying it seriously , although there are articles starting to talk about the discomfort of the club for his insistence.
https://www.elconfidencial.com/depo...aul-pogba-florentino-ceballos-zidane_2102042/
I think Florentino is not completely convinced, and he has very easy the signing of Eriksen, much cheaper, less salary and would not have to bring Raiola in the club, but Zidane insists on a more physical Madrid.
Marca did a survey a week ago "you would prefer to pay 60-70 for Van de Beek or 150-180 for Pogba". 160000 votes and Van de Beek won with 67%. They are deceptive surveys, but more or less indicate that people are not entirely convinced and Madrid love surveys.
https://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2019/06/27/5d130fa646163fe2338b45c6.html
Real Madrid doesn't want Eriksen. The spanish media said that Perez & Cie heard a lot of bad thing about Eriksen's behavior.

If they can't sign Pogba the plan B is Van De Beek.

RoyH1

I think it's very likely that Woodward sticks to a high valuation for Pogba, thereby allowing Florentino to have an out with Zidane. 150 million pounds is a mad amount of money for player that despite his incredible talent, doesn't really dominate games consistently.

::sonny::

Douglas Costa + Dybala + Alex Sandro + 100 million

This would be good enough :lol:

Or 100 million + Bale and Ceballos :devil: