Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zenith

Ole is definitely saying the right things, because if he says anything other than the stated line then that'll just drive down the price instantly.

I still think or rather hope he's gone in the summer and we are able to bring in someone like Grealish, who may be willing to give more to the club, with lesser drama and for sure no agent nonsense.

Getting pogba to stay otoh will mean us handing him a new contract and that'll mean at least 350k in wages.

Not sure we wanna go down that road again.

jackal&hyde

Why do so many seem keen for him to stay when he has been so inconsistant and a negative influence? I see many saying imagine him and Fernandes together? Surely the fact Fernandes has had as many good games pretty much in not even two months that Pogba in two seasons show what utter twaddle it is that we cant find anybody as good to replace Pogba? Personally I would be happy if we sold him for the same money we paid, get rid off the myth that is Pogba
Because he hasn't been a negative influence anywhere he has ever played, it was just Mou who said that to save face for his terrible management. The inconsistency part applies to the whole team and it's not fair to put it on one player. He has actually done better then most during a difficult time for the club. You always want to keep the best players when possible. I do agree his agent is a cnut and needs to shut up.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
So it looks like he might be staying put.

Even though I'm on the ship to get rid of him, I'm sorry but a midfield trio consisting of Bruno / Pogba / Zakaria would be a force to be reckoned with.
Add a right winger and we're back in the game boys.
What would Fred’s role in your dream team? At present, in my opinion, Fred is one of the best MF’s in the league.

For me, Bruno and Fred are undroppable and will strike a formidable partnership. If Pogba cannot for in with those two then ...

SAFMUTD

I think things have taken a hard U turn, a couple of weeks ago I was certain he will leave in the summer, but I think he will end up staying and renewing his contract.

IMO its because three reasons, the first one is that Riaola have scouted the teams that could possibly pay Pogba’s transfer fee and offer him same/better wages and the options are limited, IMO it comes down to three teams Juventus, Real and PSG.

Of those I think only PSG would be willing to take the risk of paying and offering a huge contract to a player that have missed almost all the season.

The second reason is that he may believe that this project is flourishing and he wants to be a part of it. Just a guess.

Finally the third and most important reason is that there’s belief that we would increase his wages from 300K to 400k. Which I dont think anyother team in the qorld

tjb

Because he hasn't been a negative influence anywhere he has ever played, it was just Mou who said that to save face for his terrible management. The inconsistency part applies to the whole team and it's not fair to put it on one player. He has actually done better then most during a difficult time for the club. You always want to keep the best players when possible. I do agree his agent is a cnut and needs to shut up.
Mou's been gone for a year and a half and I still here his agent and brother talking nonsense. Mourinho was a lot of things, but on the Pogba situation, that was fully on Pogba.

tjb

I think things have taken a hard U turn, a couple of weeks ago I was certain he will leave in the summer, but I think he will end up staying and renewing his contract.

IMO its because three reasons, the first one is that Riaola have scouted the teams that could possibly pay Pogba’s transfer fee and offer him same/better wages and the options are limited, IMO it comes down to three teams Juventus, Real and PSG.

Of those I think only PSG would be willing to take the risk of paying and offering a huge contract to a player that have missed almost all the season.

The second reason is that he may believe that this project is flourishing and he wants to be a part of it. Just a guess.

Finally the third and most important reason is that there’s belief that we would increase his wages from 300K to 400k. Which I dont think anyother team in the qorld
The last reason is the main reason why I do not want to keep him. What has he done in the last 3 seasons to deserve even 300k a week. I'd rather wait and sell him for little or nothing than pay him that wage, even without Raiola. Very soon, Bruno will ask for a similar amount and any other class players we have. It's a slippery slope.

sugar_kane

Mou's been gone for a year and a half and I still here his agent and brother talking nonsense. Mourinho was a lot of things, but on the Pogba situation, that was fully on Pogba.
mm...

I'm not a big fan of Pogba or his conduct by any stretch but in some respects I do think Jose let the genie out of the bottle in terms of Pogba's current behaviour by treating him the way he did.

By completely fecking up his rebuild as well he's contributed also towards Pogba's desire to leave and compete for top level silverware.

Thiagoal

Pogba was always going to be a player you add to an already functioning team that is playing well! That’s why the last few seasons haven’t worked out! He doesn’t have a strong base to perform from and we needed him to do things that he wasn’t fussed about doing!

However, we now seem to look like a solid functional team and a bit of Pogba magic could really turn us into something quite special! Add in a fit Rashford and sign Sancho and we really will have a very exciting team that Pogba I’m sure would want to be part of

Zed 101

I hope he doesn't stay, I am not petty and I will may even find myself cheering him on from time to time, but having him st the club just feels weak, wrong and distasteful, I could find it in me to forgive and forget if it was asked for, but it hasn't been, a statement if made about committing to Man Utd feels like a platitude rather than genuine desire, people close to him have said enough negative things that he should publicly apologise for it, maybe then we can move forward but I want to see more contrition from him.

It feels the little red hen, he doesn't want to help make the bread, but is happy to eat it once the hard work is done... once the bread is gone he will be agitating to move again.

And one big thing if and when he does come back if that fecker tries to take freekicks and especially penalties away from Bruno or Rashford, he just better not play the big I am or he is going to undermine all the good

croadyman

So it looks like he might be staying put.

Even though I'm on the ship to get rid of him, I'm sorry but a midfield trio consisting of Bruno / Pogba / Zakaria would be a force to be reckoned with.
Add a right winger and we're back in the game boys.
Would you take Partey if we couldn't get Zakaria,could see Grealish going elsewhere if Pogba stays.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I've been anti-Pogba for a long time, the comments in the media, saying he wanted a new challenge last year etc, was all far too much and i'd have got rid.

However, with the positive impact Ole & Co seem to be having on our other players i feel a lot more hopeful of him coming back and being part of the team and positively contributing more consistently.

Teja

Pogba was always going to be a player you add to an already functioning team that is playing well! That’s why the last few seasons haven’t worked out! He doesn’t have a strong base to perform from and we needed him to do things that he wasn’t fussed about doing!

However, we now seem to look like a solid functional team and a bit of Pogba magic could really turn us into something quite special! Add in a fit Rashford and sign Sancho and we really will have a very exciting team that Pogba I’m sure would want to be part of
Agree with this 100% - He's been brought into an in-cohesive attacking unit and did the best he could (stats, key passes, assists, goals etc. all point to him being our best player). I think a motivated Pogba with a much improved Rashford + Fred and Bruno would be something.

SAFMUTD

The last reason is the main reason why I do not want to keep him. What has he done in the last 3 seasons to deserve even 300k a week. I'd rather wait and sell him for little or nothing than pay him that wage, even without Raiola. Very soon, Bruno will ask for a similar amount and any other class players we have. It's a slippery slope.
We'll IMO he had a great season last season, he was top in almost everything for the team, most goals, most assistance, most chances created, etc but I agree a 300K player should a regular top player while with Pogba we have some highs and some lows we should expect consistency at least from a player from his calibre.

ColvaleGoa

Anyone seen the tweet put out by official Account wishing Pogba Happy Birthday?? Not a flattering picture and none of the accompanying fancy graphics? Coincidence? Or am I looking too hard?

M16Red

As long as he got his birthday cake...

Edit: Nah feck him and his shitbag agent

clarkydaz

I hope he doesn't stay, I am not petty and I will may even find myself cheering him on from time to time, but having him st the club just feels weak, wrong and distasteful, I could find it in me to forgive and forget if it was asked for, but it hasn't been, a statement if made about committing to Man Utd feels like a platitude rather than genuine desire, people close to him have said enough negative things that he should publicly apologise for it, maybe then we can move forward but I want to see more contrition from him.

It feels the little red hen, he doesn't want to help make the bread, but is happy to eat it once the hard work is done... once the bread is gone he will be agitating to move again.

And one big thing if and when he does come back if that fecker tries to take freekicks and especially penalties away from Bruno or Rashford, he just better not play the big I am or he is going to undermine all the good
Nothing against the guy personally, he has been within his rights to want to leave, thats no problem. It does feel the club have continually bowed and bent over for a player in a way i can never think ever before for the baggage around him.

When you hear talk and backslapping about changing the culture, its seems very hollow talk

Rooney1987

Rumour of wanting to stay and sign a new contract. Sounds like Raiola can't find a buyer, this make his situation worse. As soon as we have some bad results his agent will be back in the news. He's a great player but the clown show his agent put us through with his comments a while back.

If Pogba was to stay I think that'd mean no Graelish, different positions but Ole will have to fit Pogba/Bruno in. Bruno is Pogba's replacement so if he stays one will have to move further forward. Also they won't have to money to do him and Sancho.

Red Bilko

I've been anti-Pogba for a long time, the comments in the media, saying he wanted a new challenge last year etc, was all far too much and i'd have got rid.

However, with the positive impact Ole & Co seem to be having on our other players i feel a lot more hopeful of him coming back and being part of the team and positively contributing more consistently.
Perfect example of a flip-flop fan

beingshe7don

Let's face it... Pogba doesn't have any buyers at this point in time. Pogba is on a huge contract and neither Juve nor Madrid want to buy him. The only reason for the U turn is because he has no other option. I would consider using him in a player + money deal with either Madrid, Juve or even PSG.

I think we need to get rid of all our top earners who've not contributed enough and are earning a lot.

Pogba is the best in his class but I wouldn't mind replacing him with Grealish and Zakaria for the same transfer fee and wages of Pogba.

I think Pogba reminds me a lot of Coutinho. We need to move ahead as a club without Pogba. Pogba feels entitled and that's what's wrong with his mindset which does not jive with United.

RRCE

Let's face it... Pogba doesn't have any buyers at this point in time. Pogba is on a huge contract and neither Juve nor Madrid want to buy him. The only reason for the U turn is because he has no other option. I would consider using him in a player + money deal with either Madrid, Juve or even PSG.

I think we need to get rid of all our top earners who've not contributed enough and are earning a lot.

Pogba is the best in his class but I wouldn't mind replacing him with Grealish and Zakaria for the same transfer fee and wages of Pogba.

I think Pogba reminds me a lot of Coutinho. We need to move ahead as a club without Pogba. Pogba feels entitled and that's what's wrong with his mindset which does not jive with United.
I agree completely. It’s best for the club for him to go. I’m not convinced it will happen, but I hope it does.

Judas

Open to offers
Pogba wants what Rooney wanted all those years ago, to know we're going in the right direction as a club, that we're improving as a team and are going to win things.

Abhinav

Pogba wants what Rooney wanted all those years ago, to know we're going in the right direction as a club, that we're improving as a team and are going to win things.
Very unfair comparison for Rooney. Unlike Pogba, Wayne had proven himself for 5 years with his performances on the pitch. Additionally, you could never fault Rooney’s commitment on the pitch, can’t be said the same for Pogba.
Honestly, if Pogba wants to help us back to the top, he needs to stop the whining and the noise coming from his agent’s mouth and just dig in and be part of the collective. If he can’t do that then might as well as get rid of him, no matter the skill and quality. At this point of time we need someone who plays for the team’s cause, not someone who is looking out for just himself, both on and off the pitch.

crossy1686

career ending
A lot of uncertainty at the moment, but before the league got cancelled I was fully expecting Pogba to sign a new deal if we got Champions League football as that would see his salary return to normal instead of being docked 25% for not qualifying, which originally caused him to throw his toys out of the pram over the summer.

Obviously not sure what's going to happen now regarding CL football but I know that no one wants to pay what we want for him nor thinks he's worth the wages he's asking for. Plus, he's got two years left on his contract as of this summer, we don't have to sell on the cheap.

OleTheGreat

I totally agree with you. Pogba is compared with Bruno for all the wrong reasons. If Bruno had got into the team when Jose and most of our deadwood existed, he would've been gone by now. Pogba is an amazing player and a wonderful professional. I think he should stay and we should do everything in our powers to keep him here rather than gettin a Grealish or even Van De Beek from what I've read recently. Pogba is better than them all and can even play a little bit deeper to accommodate Bruno. He is so versatile and brilliant on the ball and his vision is better than most midfielders. Some people just talk trash but i think the combo will work wonders for us when played together and that's the truth. With Fred, Mctominay, and Matic we can rotate and also bring in Gomes, Garner to learn from them.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

I usually share tweets of interest without comment, just cos I think other posters might wanna take a look and make up their own minds. However, does this not feel a little bit distasteful? Talking about transfers and doing the nod, nod, wink, wink routine while there is a global pandemic? Just feels like the wrong time for Mino to be trying to get headlines. Honestly, with people worried about who will get the virus next I'm not sure these comments will have any cut through anyway.

Bondi77

We should just have nothing to do with any player that is associated with this meatball.
It is simply more trouble than what it is worth.
I am pretty sure other clubs would follow suit.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Honestly don't give a feck where he ends up as long as we recoup what we paid for him.

His United career is underwhelming and his agent and antics just makes me wish he never came back at all.

ostentatious

United career is over Pal just accept it..
It may or may not be over, I wouldn't have any problem accepting either of the scenarios when it actually becomes clear. I am just asking about the shite tweet that you posted. It doesn't add anything of value. It cites Sun as its source, and even there, they don't have any credible sources. I dunno why the quotation marks are there, are they quoting the Sun article? Very weird if so.