Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rotherham_red

As a hypothetical though, how would you restructure the midfield in the event of Pogba leaving? Who would you sign and in which positions? And how would you line those players up?

croadyman

As a hypothetical though, how would you restructure the midfield in the event of Pogba leaving? Who would you sign and in which positions? And how would you line those players up?
Not gonna lie I am very much on the Saul train if Pogba left but don't think we would get him in a million years

Clermontois

Supports
France
If he wants to leave, then he's done here. Simple.

We can't throw money at players to convince them any longer. Giving Pogba an insane wage packet will just cause issue's down the line.

Look at Sanchez - stupid contract and we are paying him a fortune just to be on loan. We might well struggle to sell De Gea when the time comes due to his wages. We cant offload Rojo/Jones/Smalling permanently partly because of they're insane wages. Lingard too. We cannot keep this trend of throwing wages at players. It creates problems when we want to sell

Pogba will move on, probably to Madrid. We just need to ensure we manage it correctly, you cant force a player to be committed and give his all.

Your logic doesnt work in the real world "give a wantaway player even MORE money, then he'll give us 100%" It just doesnt work like that.

Are you summarising by saying we havent seen the real Pogba yet? In 3 seasons and a world record transfer fee we havent seen the real Pogba, yet we should give him MORE money?

I've been impressed with his recent form, and his talent is unquestionable when he wants to apply it. But he's not bigger than the club and he's certainly not worth the level of debate us fans have over him.

He doesn't deserve a bumper pay rise and we shouldn't give him one, if he wants to stay fine but we need to be realistic. My worry is we'll give him insane wages then he'll want to go and we will struggle to offload him, his form will dip (as it has previously) and the Pogba saga continues
It will happen, if he stays whether we want it to or not. What players are paid is up to the club but in the very least he should be on more than De Gea which will put him on similar pay terms to Ronaldo and Messi.

If he is not worth the debate then no player is. He grew up in Manchester for some years and came back for a world record fee when he could have gone elsewhere, that alone is reason to talk about this player and appreciate his talent.

You could have argued he does not deserve a pay rise had De Gea not got one. Your best player will always want to be the highest paid and that echoes in every day life. Lastly you will never struggle to offload Paul regardless of what he is paid, everytime this player was available in his life there was a clamour from clubs for his services.

Reactions: Fortitude

Craig Ward

It will happen, if he stays whether we want it to or not. What players are paid is up to the club but in the very least he should be on more than De Gea which will put him on similar pay terms to Ronaldo and Messi.

If he is not worth the debate then no player is. He grew up in Manchester for some years and came back for a world record fee when he could have gone elsewhere, that alone is reason to talk about this player and appreciate his talent.

You could have argued he does not deserve a pay rise had De Gea not got one. Your best player will always want to be the highest paid and that echoes in every day life. Lastly you will never struggle to offload Paul regardless of what he is paid, everytime this player was available in his life there was a clamour from clubs for his services.
DDG has been here going on 10 years and developed into arguably the best GK in the world. DDG has shown great form here. Admittedly not so much this season, but he's still top tier.

Would you say Pogba form and commitment over his time here deserves a pay rise? I certainly wouldn't.

Juve and Real probably cant afford him now, yet alone if he throw more money at him. I just think we've learnt that throwing money at things isnt the answer. We have money and we can use it of course, like we did with Maguire's insane transfer fee. But we shouldnt set ourselves up for problems like we have done so many times in the past

Pogba is a big name, a big draw. His footballing forms warrants no pay rise for me.

If he's committed, he signs a new contract but he shouldnt get a bumper new deal. If he's not committed, then sell him to whoever wants him. He's not bigger than the club and never will be

Matriac

DDG has been here going on 10 years and developed into arguably the best GK in the world. DDG has shown great form here. Admittedly not so much this season, but he's still top tier.

Would you say Pogba form and commitment over his time here deserves a pay rise? I certainly wouldn't.

Juve and Real probably cant afford him now, yet alone if he throw more money at him. I just think we've learnt that throwing money at things isnt the answer. We have money and we can use it of course, like we did with Maguire's insane transfer fee. But we shouldnt set ourselves up for problems like we have done so many times in the past

Pogba is a big name, a big draw. His footballing forms warrants no pay rise for me.

If he's committed, he signs a new contract but he shouldnt get a bumper new deal. If he's not committed, then sell him to whoever wants him. He's not bigger than the club and never will be
If he signs a new contract he will get a payrise, simple as be. Most people increase their salary once a year or so. Footballers when they sign contracts. Will be 4 or 5 years since his last payrise, incl. I believe a pay decrease across the club for all due to results?

Pogba is our best football player as things stand now. Greenwood etc. has potential to grow into even higher class, but as things stand Pogba is outstanding in his role. So looking forward to next season and what he can bring to our team with quality players around him.

poleglass red

there wasn't any other clubs in for him when we got him. Real were used by his agent/club to drum up a bidding war, it's been widely reported that they were never genuinely in for him. Let's be honest when they truly want a player they get him. His agent has been floating his name around for last couple of yrs at least and no-one has bit. It's one thing being a top player, which he is, but there's a select few clubs that can pay that kind of money/wages and none have stepped up pre-covid, now in this new scenario it's even harder to see them step up now. His issue was he didn't think the team was good enough and the tactics employed by the manager. Those concerns while not fully addressed yet are slowly but surely getting sorted. I 'd hope he stays, he looks happier now than ever, his rat agent has even kept quiet. But don't be fooled that there is a stream of top teams waiting to pounce, as I say many teams would 100% want him but can't afford the fee and wages.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Yeah there are signs of what we saw from Rooney in 2010 when he wanted better players around him
it's ironic that we won the league and league cup and reached the CL final and FA semis that season and then went trophyless and got KOd in the CL groups next year after a big spending summer (Young, Jones, DDG).

lenny_1248

I'll be happy, but genuinely shocked if Pogba is still here next season.
You should be shocked if he is not here next season.
No chance he leaves this summer. And if everything goes well, he'll extend his contract.

Clermontois

Supports
France

Arguable indeed, he certainly was at his height a fantastic shot stopper but never the best goalkeeper in the world. Neuer and Handanovic have always been better all around. Not top tier for me but whatever he is, Paul deserves to be paid more as the best player here.

Paul's form has been inconsistent, however he has consistenly been the best player since he came back. That alone means he is deserving of a new contract. It is crazy to me that he has not signed a new one since he came when usually players as good as him usually sign a new one every two years, Sergio Ramos for instance. Why is it people always bring up commitment with him but not with De Gea or Herrera; they always explain their reasons not Paul's. If I was as good as him I would also look at my options and he never came out and said anything along the lines of Ronaldo or Rooney yet he gets way more heat.

Again that is not the argument against him being renewed on higher terms, did you say the same about De Gea when they renewed him..

there wasn't any other clubs in for him when we got him. Real were used by his agent/club to drum up a bidding war, it's been widely reported that they were never genuinely in for him. Let's be honest when they truly want a player they get him. His agent has been floating his name around for last couple of yrs at least and no-one has bit. It's one thing being a top player, which he is, but there's a select few clubs that can pay that kind of money/wages and none have stepped up pre-covid, now in this new scenario it's even harder to see them step up now. His issue was he didn't think the team was good enough and the tactics employed by the manager. Those concerns while not fully addressed yet are slowly but surely getting sorted. I 'd hope he stays, he looks happier now than ever, his rat agent has even kept quiet. But don't be fooled that there is a stream of top teams waiting to pounce, as I say many teams would 100% want him but can't afford the fee and wages.

From what I saw in the media and interviews at that time they were clubs in for him everytime he was available. When he was 13 his former club le havre talked about how many clubs wanted him but we spoke to his parents and he came here. When he was 22 or 23, the highest paid player at Juventus at the time, he was also wanted by PSG, Madrid and I believe Chelsea were even in talks. There are even quotes from Raul saying they wanted him at Madrid. There was also something more recent from Florentino saying they wanted Paul but we did not let him go. Top clubs have always been in for him like that.

Last edited:

RoyH1

Again, all this stems from a single story by some French media. No one in either Spain or here is saying anything about this. Fake news at its best. Pogba is not going anywhere

romufc

and then a little thing called the Coronavirus happened. That and our upswing in form, I doubt it very much he's going anywhere.
The little thing called Coronavirus has not distracted United fans from believing Sancho is definitely coming though has it?

I still think it all depends on top 4, if we don't get top 4 it will be hard to keep Pogba.

Rolaholic

Again, all this stems from a single story by some French media. No one in either Spain or here is saying anything about this. Fake news at its best. Pogba is not going anywhere
The same outlet had a cover story last week on him and how much he feels settled and is 'swimming in happiness' (their own choice of words not mine :lol:) at the club right now.

This story is just a rehash of the stories we've seen for years regarding Zidane's interest in him. They didn't mention Florentino Perez changing his mind though which is all that matters when it comes to Real's transfer decision making

RoyH1

The same paper had a cover story last week on gim and how much he feels settled and is 'swimming in happiness' (their own choice of words not mine :lol:) at the club right now.

This story is just a rehash of the stories we've seen for years regarding Zidane's interest in him. They didn't mention Florentino Perez changing his mind though which is all that matters when it comes to Real's transfer decision making
Spot on. I do not doubt that Zidane covets Pogba, but over there it’s Perez who calls all the shots and he’s never shown any interest in Pogba. And he knows how much he would cost.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Ed must make huge call. His contract ends 2022 after if we trigger plus 1 year.
So if he is set to leave then it is either to sell him for normal price now or for half price next year.

Matriac

Ed must make huge call. His contract ends 2022 after if we trigger plus 1 year.
So if he is set to leave then it is either to sell him for normal price now or for half price next year.
Or not sell him at all?

We are not a selling club. We must have ambition to keep players.
Even if it's a gamble, as long as the player fits with our culture and playing style there's no need to secure the money. If anything it's to spend more to keep our best players happy seeing our ambition.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
From what we have seen this season, we know that means nothing.

In December / Jan, all signs pointed to him leaving.
And as the past week, Athletic has confirmed signs point to him staying and that he's excited by our transfer targets, namely Sancho. I think he's nailed on to stay.

romufc

And as the past week, Athletic has confirmed signs point to him staying and that he's excited by our transfer targets, namely Sancho. I think he's nailed on to stay.
Exactly, the same sources said he wanted to leave.

We all know that Zidane is a massive Pogba fan.

People say Madrid have no money but if they can sell James for £20m, Cabellos for £30/40m, and one or two others, they would have raised £80m and if we do not finish top 4, you can never know what will happen.

Michael T

Why? All signs point strongly to him staying.
You should be shocked if he is not here next season.
No chance he leaves this summer. And if everything goes well, he'll extend his contract.
I'm just a little pessimistic over the whole saga. The fact we haven't heard a peep out of his lovely agent recently, or from Pogba regarding staying , leaves me with a sinking feeling that both parties have agreed he can go in the summer if the price is right and they keep their mouths shut for the sake of team unity until the end of the season. Happy to be proved entirely wrong!

Rolaholic

Pogba and his agent talk, people lose their heads. Pogba and his agent are quiet and people still find ways to feel unease :lol:

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Arguable indeed, he certainly was at his height a fantastic shot stopper but never the best goalkeeper in the world. Neuer and Handanovic have always been better all around. Not top tier for me but whatever he is, Paul deserves to be paid more as the best player here.

Paul's form has been inconsistent, however he has consistenly been the best player since he came back. That alone means he is deserving of a new contract. It is crazy to me that he has not signed a new one since he came when usually players as good as him usually sign a new one every two years, Sergio Ramos for instance. Why is it people always bring up commitment with him but not with De Gea or Herrera; they always explain their reasons not Paul's. If I was as good as him I would also look at my options and he never came out and said anything along the lines of Ronaldo or Rooney yet he gets way more heat.

Again that is not the argument against him being renewed on higher terms, did you say the same about De Gea when they renewed him..

From what I saw in the media and interviews at that time they were clubs in for him everytime he was available. When he was 13 his former club le havre talked about how many clubs wanted him but we spoke to his parents and he came here. When he was 22 or 23, the highest paid player at Juventus at the time, he was also wanted by PSG, Madrid and I believe Chelsea were even in talks. There are even quotes from Raul saying they wanted him at Madrid. There was also something more recent from Florentino saying they wanted Paul but we did not let him go. Top clubs have always been in for him like that.
Although I have changed my position on Pogba and would love to see him stay, it has to be said that DDG (and Sanchez) contracts were mistakes, and I hope we never award anyone these silly contracts again.

That said, you argument that he is in better form, and should therefore be given a bigger contract, while it makes sense, it also shows why we shouldn't do it. The next in form player who is due a contract will ask for a bigger one, and it'll just keep escalating.

-Supreme-

I think he's currently on around 290k a week, will be interesting to see if he will earn more than De Gea at around 370k

CM

This would be huge. It's imperative he stays and at this point I don't see why he'd want to leave.

Suv666

Did not see this coming. I've never been a big fan of his agent, shooting his mouth every time he gets a chance but hopefully a new contract would end the drama.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Get CL and he'll stay I reckon.
Even if we don't, we'd presumably be unlikely to sell in the summer with a depressed market. I'd hope to see this wrapped up before the resumption of the Europa, which does present another route into the CL, if we were to miss out through the league.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Did not see this coming. I've never been a big fan of his agent, shooting his mouth every time he gets a chance but hopefully a new contract would end the drama.
If you think Pogba signing a new contract will shut Raiola up then you don’t know him at all. But unfortunately we got to put with him cause we need Pogba.