Pogba Injury

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We basically went to shit after his injury so Im not optimistic about our games while hes out injured. Criticize him all you want but without him we are 10x worse.

Quizierda

Lucky then that we only have Boro coming up with a 2 weeks break. Maybe he won't be joining up with France either.
We're gonna miss him against Boro that's for sure. We saw what happened to us yesterday once he was gone.

Hopefully it's nothing serious otherwise we are doomed. This injury is clearly Jose's fault as Paul clearly has been needing some rest for a few weeks now. Let's just hope he is more or less fit after the international break and gets a few days off - and not playing for France.

MemphisDepay

Supports
Rangers and Celtic
We basically went to shit after his injury so Im not optimistic about our games while hes out injured. Criticize him all you want but without him we are 10x worse.
What? Are you talking about last night's game? We were playing very poorly long before Pogba went off, if anything we actually got a bit better without him. Not saying it was because he went off though as the dynamic of the game changed a bit when Rostov decided to attack and we actually had a bit of room. I'm not sure it's possible to be 10 times worse than what we were the first half anyway, again not saying it was necessarily his fault.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
What? Are you talking about last night's game? We were playing very poorly long before Pogba went off, if anything we actually got a bit better without him. Not saying it was because he went off though as the dynamic of the game changed a bit when Rostov decided to attack and we actually had a bit of room. I'm not sure it's possible to be 10 times worse than what we were the first half anyway, again not saying it was necessarily his fault.
With a name like MemphisDepay, I'm not sure I can take your post seriously. A bit like your namesake,it flatters to deceive and a bit hollow

m1y2

when you substitute him for fellaini???

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Dead legs are pretty serious tbf. Up there with Chinese burns and being pushed over whilst someone bends down behind you.
Did they give out "jaspers" in your school. Savage.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Will miss 3 weeks

So no Boro, no France's game, no WBA on April 1st, maybe Everton on April 4th, but probably be back for Sunderland and then EL game

Mihai

Because Rostov got forward more in the second half leaving more space in behind for the front three to exploit. Pogba going off had very little to do with it.
That was the plan from the start. Jose knew that they would leave space behind in the second half because they had to score. That is why 3 at the back I think.

Nickosaur

I've been harsh on him recently - the past few months he's been anonymous, when he can do so much better - but regardless, it's a huge blow to lose him.

I think Jose could have handled him better recently though.

Castia

Shame he'll miss the Boro game but happy he gets too rest over the international break.

shield

Yes there could be a dip in quality without Pogba. But that does not say much about Pogba. It just means that the options we have currently are not good . Also Jose has not tried developing any other option in midfield because he wanted to give Pogba as much game time as possible to bring out the latent potential in him. So, yes, him getting injured may hurt us.

Janson

This could be a good thing with the schedule coming up, for Pogba and Ibra to get some rest, Herrera also. Our squad is deep enough to do without them for a few matches. Shame Martial is out at the same time though.

efraim

Can't be accused of being a gloryhunter
Those asking for him to be dropped or calling him shite will finally get to see how terrible we are without Pogba.
Agreed. He may not be in the form of his life, but he's still an important player. We'll miss his vision and moments of magic in midfield, he may do stupid things sometimes but people seem to ignore the positives.

MemphisDepay

Supports
Rangers and Celtic
With a name like MemphisDepay, I'm not sure I can take your post seriously. A bit like your namesake,it flatters to deceive and a bit hollow
So because of my username my opinion is hollow, nice.

Nothing I've said is worthy of my post just being sillied. My opinion was we were better second half, maybe we created less chances than in the first but I thought it was a little better. Many may not agree and some might agree. We also did play more than half the second half without a left wing back too, but I assume you'll swing that as us now being a lot worse without Pogba that second half when in reality Mourinho just sacrificed any form of attack on the left for defensive stability. Maybe his Paul Hollywood crossfield passes first half fooled you into thinking he was great. In fairness they did serve their purpose but it wasn't enough to suggest we became badly worse off when he went off.

No team in the world would be 10x worse without a single player in their team. Will we be worse without him? For a run of game we probably would yes. Who knows how the next game will turn out, Mkhitaryan could play great on Sunday and we could win 4-0. We could also probably lose 1-0 and play terribly. We'll win 4-0 and Pogba is shite, we'll lose 1-0 and Pogba is great.

Fwiw I think he's obviously a great talent. When he plays quickly without overthinking he can be superb. Right now I think a lot of the criticism he's received has gone to his head and he feels the need to hold onto the ball too long and try and do something amazing with it when in reality if he just keeps it simple and plays naturally he'll be fine. The injury will give him some time off to rest and also allow him maybe to just sit back and reflect on how he's been playing.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Saw that he's played 1000 minutes more than Kante this season, that's shocking management if true, we shouldn't be playing him as often as we have been, no matter what anyone says.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Not sure how we could ever cope, I mean Middlesbrough will be brining out their big guns, megastars like Adam Clayton and Grant Leadbitter in midfield, up against out inadequate squad depth midfielders of Fellaini, Carrick and Schweinsteiger?
Thought he was injured as well?

SirAF

Ageist
The most important thing is that he's back for the QF, ideally with 90 mins under his belt before that match. The league is going to shit anyway, so I'm not worried about him missing a few.

Raw

Saw that he's played 1000 minutes more than Kante this season, that's shocking management if true, we shouldn't be playing him as often as we have been, no matter what anyone says.
Kante has played 30/34 games in all competitions for Chelsea, failing to complete 90 minutes in just 3 of them. Pogba has more minutes because United have literally had the highest amount of games they could possibly have in a season so far.

Trizy

All the feckers calling him to be dropped even though the entire team has been playing shit are really gonna be crying the games he's missing.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

poleglass red

he has no need to play against Rostov. Coming off the Chelsea game where he looked tired, we have enough of a squad to play against a very poor Rostov side missing a lot of their starting 11.W have players like Bastian and Shaw not getting a look in this season because Jose doesn't like them, so what, get rid of them next season and bring your guys in. But in the meantime utilise your squad.

Alabaster Codify7

As poor as Pogba has been for the most part, our midfield options without him are absolutely awful, with Herrera out too. We're definitely gonna see a drop-off in quality in that area - who's going to bring the ball forward into attacking positions? Who is capable of hitting the target from outside the box if an opportunity presents itself? The Boro game will be played at a snail's pace and unless Mkhi and Mata can produce a moment of genius, Rashford will really struggle to find chances

Stacks

thats 10 games more. we are in the EURO Cup quarters which involved a further 8 games so this is normal as Chelsea aren't in Europe. Plus we made a final

davidmichael

Isn't there an international break after Boro ? If so we've got a couple of weeks til our next game after Boro but I'm hoping for us to perform without him so he sees he's not undroppable as he's been way below par since the Liverpool game in my opinion.

Sparky Rhiwabon

He's played over 44 games this season (4006 minutes) so a short term injury might actually give him the rest he needs.
Yes, he must be right up there with the most minutes played of any player in Europe this season (if not the most) and that comes off the back of the Euros where played right up to the final. He's knackered

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Yes, he must be right up there with the most minutes played of any player in Europe this season (if not the most) and that comes off the back of the Euros where played right up to the final. He's knackered
Yep, I was actually shocked just how much he'd played and how little Jose has rested him.

Shark

@NotShark
As poor as Pogba has been for the most part, our midfield options without him are absolutely awful, with Herrera out too. We're definitely gonna see a drop-off in quality in that area - who's going to bring the ball forward into attacking positions? Who is capable of hitting the target from outside the box if an opportunity presents itself? The Boro game will be played at a snail's pace and unless Mkhi and Mata can produce a moment of genius, Rashford will really struggle to find chances
Injuries or no injuries, nobody.

Clas Sified

Our midfield looks really depleted for 'Brough now. Aren't Carrick and Fellaini our only options? Combined to our lack of striking options bar Rashford, methinks it'll be a hard match come Sunday.