Pogba is not a left winger

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Who can we realistically sell for good amounts? even in a non covid market we were never good at selling. I can't see us get anywhere what we need with sales.
Matic 5 Million
VdB 30
Lingard 15/20
Dalot 15
Pereira 5
Henderson 40
Martial 35
Brandon Williams 10
Tuanzebe 10

I am positive selling some of these players would easily raise enough to improve the first eleven.

Dve

Pogba is playing left wing instead of Rashford, because of late, Pogba has proven do be the more effective player. It´s simple as that. Rashford does not look physically in form.

PeteManic

Pogba has played a lot of his best football on the left hand side - both for Juventus and France. He is a more effective left-sided player than Rashford. The ball sticks to him and Bruno loves playing with Pogba. He'll start on the left on Wednesday as he should.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Again, there is a big difference between left midfield and left attacker in a 4-3-3. Pogba is suited to the former and not the latter.

Rashford should start on the left on Wednesday.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Matic 5 Million
VdB 30
Lingard 15/20
Dalot 15
Pereira 5
Henderson 40
Martial 35
Brandon Williams 10
Tuanzebe 10

I am positive selling some of these players would easily raise enough to improve the first eleven.
Surely this assumes clubs are willing to pay those fees, the player would be fine in going, would take paycuts where needed etc. It would be an incredible feat to manage to sell more than 6 players for fees this summer.

Which club is going to pay 30m for Van de Beek right now, for example?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Surely this assumes clubs are willing to pay those fees, the player would be fine in going, would take paycuts where needed etc. It would be an incredible feat to manage to sell more than 6 players for fees this summer.

Which club is going to pay 30m for Van de Beek right now, for example?
I have always thought of the football industry to be the biggest suckers.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Ironically, Pogba on the left would've been better last night and we may have opened up villareal more. Couldn't be any worse than Rashford!

marktan

He's good anywhere that's closer to attack than defence. Such a shame so many managers kept playing him as a deep midfielder

Blood Mage

This Paul Pogba would be difficult to replace. Trouble is this is rarely the Pogba we see over the course of a season. But if he keeps this form up we better have a bloody brilliant replacement lined up.

Red Stone

Well, whatever he was in this game, that's what he is. Keep doing whatever that was.

Renegade

Always has been a LCM. The same way KDB is a RCM.

Unfortunately we’ve never played that way.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Just keep doing this Paul. :lol: Unreal today. Days like this you can see he is worth the 90 million.

He has to keep it up though. Not expecting four assists every game. But play like today and he is unreal.

Should have been man of the match as well.

::sonny::

The only role he can play, in the mid he doesn’t offer enough in tackling

Invented by Ole there

lex talionis

When Pogba is up for a match, you can stick him anywhere on the pitch. It doesn’t really matter what his official position is. He’ll do what he wishes…when he’s up for it.

Marwood

Somehwere Robbie Savage is sat in a dark room, incredibly confused.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He didn't play as a left winger today, and he didn't play as a left winger last season either. He's given far more license to roam, to cut inside, and do what he did today.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
How many time until people are convinced that his best role has been that wide playmaker in the left or playing in advanced role behind Herrera and Matic. One DM alone was never enough.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Didn't really play a winger, but more of a let-sided midfielder, as others pointed out. Ole will have will have his work cut out fitting everyone in once Rashford is back, which is great really.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He didn't play as a left winger today, and he didn't play as a left winger last season either. He's given far more license to roam, to cut inside, and do what he did today.
I would compare it to Koke's role a few years ago. A wide midfielder that is at the heart of the team's ball movement.

OrcaFat

He reminds me of Zidane sometimes.
Yeah sometimes. His best position is basically the same as Zidane’s.

I remember seeing a close up of Zidane about two minutes into a game and he was absolutely pouring with sweat already. He made it look easy but he was working so hard - not charging about the pitch but just to get his body into the right position all the time, receiving the ball, shielding it, holding guys off. Pogba’s got that similar big-but-graceful thing going on; I guess he’s burning a lot of calories to achieve it.

PeteManic

He is not a left winger but United don't play with wingers. He is, however, a player who plays best when he is allowed to express himself. He is SO good on the left. Ideal for Bruno and for Shaw. Hope he plays there a lot this season. I think he will.

Andersons Dietician

Its kind of weird and he doesn’t play it as a winger but sticking him there seems to work. It gets him in to midfield positions where if we played 433 you’d be expecting he and Bruno to show up. It certainly frees him up whilst allowing us to keep the protection of Fred and McT.

However what is going to happen when Rashford comes back or Sancho is fully fit, and Cavani. Ideally you want Bruno, Pogba, Rashford, Sancho Cavani and the likes all on the pitch, but someone is either going to miss out or we find a way to go 433.

Scholsey2004

I dont ever want to see Pogba in centre midfield at United again. Its clear he's best utilised as an attacking midfielder on the inside left. The fact that Ole has continued using him in that position into another season suggests Ole thinks so too. The Pogba who plays in CM frankly we can live without. The Pogba who we've seen on the left of a three behind the striker youd be crazy to not try to keep.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He’s not a left winger nor is he playing that position.

He was position-less today and he was amazing.

MadMike

He's isn't a winger, that's true. Nor is he a wide/inside forward.

He's a wide playmaker.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This is still true. He is best at LCM.
Not really. He’s a left midfielder, not a left winger, not a center mid, not a left inside forward. Just a midfielder who plays as a playmaker, predominantly from the left and has the freedom to roam inside.

el3mel

He wasn't really a strict winger today. He seemed to have a lot of freedom on the pitch to roam centrally. He didn't stick to the flanks at all.

He looked great in this position, considering that we already had Scott and Fred to cover for midfield.

Though moving forward I'm not sure how we're going to have him, Sancho and Rashford in one lineup ? Pogba can't play as a double pivot alongside one of Scott and Fred long term, as it'll be very fragile combination. Meanwhile if he kept on playing in that free form position he played today with Scott, Fred and Bruno in midfield, with Cavani central, we'll have to choose between Sancho and Greenwood on the right and bench Rashford.

One thing for sure is our attack will witness ton of combinations this season and we won't have a strict formation. Rashford, Pogba, Sancho, Cavani and Greenwood. Ton of quality and a lot of them can fill multiple positions up front. We'll have to play who's in form.