Pogba

OverratedOpinion

If we are going to be switching to the type of football Ralf and then Pochettino favour then I struggle to see a place for Pogba.

He is incredibly talented but does not seem to suit it. Would be a shame if we get no transfer fee but I think this is a rare case where you cannot blame the board, his agent has probably been after the mammoth sign on fee he will get as a free for 18 months.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
If we are going to be switching to the type of football Ralf and then Pochettino favour then I struggle to see a place for Pogba.

He is incredibly talented but does not seem to suit it. Would be a shame if we get no transfer fee but I think this is a rare case where you cannot blame the board, his agent has probably been after the mammoth sign on fee he will get as a free for 18 months.
Yes he is talented, but nothing like as talented as he thinks he is.
And his biggest drawback is his lack of work ethic.
And that is going to be a big problem for him.

Ted Lasso

Saw a report that Madrid won't go for Pogba in the summer. Maybe he's been so poor as to turn other clubs off signing him? Probably wishful thinking since he'll be on a free transfer.

I really wonder what's holding him back from growing his self discipline in the game - that's the only thing holding him back. You see how effective he can be with France. Is it the coaching? Is it the length of the season and freedoms afforded in a regular club season versus a WC or EC format where he's isolated from family and friends and subconsciously forced into a more professional state of mind?

Balllon D Or levels of talent. Shame if he never reaches that even if it's with another club.

Roane

Ralf won't have any effect on him. Pogba made up his mind to leave a long time ago. Nothing and nobody would change it, only Zidane could have changed his mind and even then he might still have chosen to leave

I'm not so sure. I think Pogba may be doing a u turn with the events that have taken place.

It may be too little too late but I think likes of Jesse might also rethink their plans now we have taken this path of getting in Rangnick and looking to establish a more cohesive plan to get the club where it belongs.

I think ultimately players want to be at the best club and win trophies and medals.

I always think of a local lass who is a fantastic footballer. But she isn't playing for the "big" team locally despite advances from that team as her development is better at the lesser club. She is a huge UTD fan and her insistence at staying at the lesser club has paid dividends as UTD are looking at her and she could be on their books soon.

Sometimes there is more to decisions than we know/think.

90 + 5min

Real Madrid will NOT sign Pogba next summer. It's over.

Well, that's Madrid off the cards. Who's left? Juventus and PSG? The former couldn't afford him and there's a good chance they're not making UCL next season. The latter I don't think he'd even start for them and they'd have to carry another passenger next season.
I don’t know why people talk about him as some world class player. Reputation is lot bigger then quality. 2/10 games are performance of quality. Rest is poor or average. When he leaves, the Sooner the better for everyone incl himself, he Will be remembered as one of worst signings We ever made. Almost on par with Sanchez looking at money spent and what he delivered. I wish him luck wherever he goes.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Saw a report that Madrid won't go for Pogba in the summer. Maybe he's been so poor as to turn other clubs off signing him? Probably wishful thinking since he'll be on a free transfer.

I really wonder what's holding him back from growing his self discipline in the game - that's the only thing holding him back. You see how effective he can be with France. Is it the coaching? Is it the length of the season and freedoms afforded in a regular club season versus a WC or EC format where he's isolated from family and friends and subconsciously forced into a more professional state of mind?

Balllon D Or levels of talent. Shame if he never reaches that even if it's with another club.
It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives. It's what we do consistently.

TheLittleOne

I don’t know why people talk about him as some world class player. Reputation is lot bigger then quality. 2/10 games are performance of quality. Rest is poor or average. When he leaves, the Sooner the better for everyone incl himself, he Will be remembered as one of worst signings We ever made. Almost on par with Sanchez looking at money spent and what he delivered. I wish him luck wherever he goes.
His passing certainly is world class but he's not Ballon d'or material at all and most likely never will be. There are just too many holes in his play.That said I think he would do very well at PSG.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Nah he doesnt want to stop why should we bail him out when he cant get a big payoff with the teams he was hoping to go to? feck him off.
We need to stop pandering to him, he either accepts the terms we offered or he leaves, simple as that.

We won't miss him when he's gone and if anything, under the right manager we'll function like a proper team.
Thank god Woodsmarm isn't in charge anymore to do something like this.
I think some of you are confused. We've reportedly offered him more than De Gea, so what I'm suggesting is lower.

Also, Pogba brings in the money and he doesn't have to stay for his full contract. We can sell him on for 30-40m, especially if we hit the right wage.

OrcaFat

If we actually want him to stay, I should think we can match whatever any other club wants to offer him financially. Why not? If we don’t, we’re basically saying we don’t want him (which is probably the case).

I still like him as one of three behind a lone striker but our CMs need upgrading if we’re going to see the best of Pogba. Deep down, I don’t expect to see him realise his potential here. Bit of a shame but not a shock.

Mr. Ant

If we are going to adopt a pressing style of play he's fecked.

He doesn't work hard enough and we can't afford more than one passenger playing that way.

He would have to start working really hard in training to have a shot in the future and I doubt he will considering he can sign for any club two months from now.

It's a shame it didn't work out but that's football.

wolvored

I think some of you are confused. We've reportedly offered him more than De Gea, so what I'm suggesting is lower.

Also, Pogba brings in the money and he doesn't have to stay for his full contract. We can sell him on for 30-40m, especially if we hit the right wage.
How am I confused? I said get shut of him, not give him another contract at all. Who is going to pay for him when if they want him they can have him for nothing in 6 months :lol:

KingCavani

Even if he performs under Ralf I wouldn’t trust him with a contract.

He’s long worn out his welcome here. I’m sick to death of him and his agent and we need to move on.

Take whatever we can from PSG in January. We’re losing him on a free anyways.

DavelinaJolie

I don't want to make daft comments about him as a person, or his work ethetic or whatever else.

His availability the last few seasons doesn't seem great, though obviously Covid is a factor on that. He has had some great performances, but it's fair to say he is very inconsistent and has been absolutely dreadful in games. Trying to find a place to play him in the team has not resulted in meaningful and consistent output and more often than not has just not worked.

I don't think there's any shame in saying it didn't work out. The real problem would be continuing something that doesn't look like it benefits either party out of stubbornness.

DickDastardly

This boy is so irrelevant that most of us don't even put him in the "imaginary" team of the future.

People trying to figure out how this or that player will play under Ralf, no one is even thinking about Pogba.

And if they do, it's mostly "he's gonna suffer" narrative.

That alone says things.

Suedesi

Such nonsense. Of course he's a world class player, he's the best midfielder in the most stacked national team in the world and he shows his quality there always. And don't tell me he performs For Didier Deschamps because of Matuidi or Kante or Tchouameini or whoever, Paul is at the heart of the French team on merit.

He hasn't worked at Man Utd for many reasons and won't be the first nor the last to not have worked out at the club, but lets' not rewrite facts to suit a narrative please.

90 + 5min

Such nonsense. Of course he's a world class player, he's the best midfielder in the most stacked national team in the world and he shows his quality there always. And don't tell me he performs For Didier Deschamps because of Matuidi or Kante or Tchouameini or whoever, Paul is at the heart of the French team on merit.

He hasn't worked at Man Utd for many reasons and won't be the first nor the last to not have worked out at the club, but lets' not rewrite facts to suit a narrative please.
Don’t agree at all. A world class player don’t make those misstakes he does. A world class player runs and fight for the team. A world class player have 8/10 brilliant games and not 2/10. At best. You should be able to thrust a world class player and not just hope he is going to deliever.

He has been here for 6 years. To be called world class that is lot of years of not working out. It is like saying Danny Ings is world class striker but it hasn’t worked out in his clubs but he should be called world class.

You mention France. He isn’t even best midfielder in France. To say he is heart of their national team is to disrespect players who you first and most mentioned. Kante and Matuidi.

sp_107

He should just leave in January itself. Save us the wages.
Well said, what a waste of 5 years. I wish we never resigned him.One or 2 good matches here and there is not enough especially when we were in transition. I expected him to take the responsibility but he remained as a luxary player

Around other hard working players he could show his flashes of brilliance but that is not what we need......We need a consistent performer

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'd be quite surprised if Pogba was kept on by Rangnick. Would expect him to move Pogba on almost immediately.

Unless he can get a tune out of him with his physical attributes, but I don't suspect he will.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
PSG-bound. Kind of inevitable I think. Mbappo to Real, PSG will be pissed off and need another big name for their circus, in comes Pogba to add more much needed ego to that dressing room.

clarkydaz

We've had his best years. He wont get any quicker or hungrier and gets injured every year. no idea where he fits in the team, he and the manager appear to be chalk and cheese. whats the point?

pebbles8

Probably one of the most over hyped player ever, Sir Alex had his number years ago.

Irwin99

We've had his best years. He wont get any quicker or hungrier and gets injured every year. no idea where he fits in the team, he and the manager appear to be chalk and cheese. whats the point?
Well that's a depressing thought for all concerned.

Heinzesight

He is World class, an unbelievable talent, sublime, skillfull, powerful and entertaining*

*shame it’s for a few minutes here or there over a season as the rest of the time he’s a liability and a plodder.

He’s not even good on his day, he’s rarely decent over 45 minutes. For every good thing he does in a game he negates it with terrible decision making and getting caught on the ball.

It’ll be a good day once he does go but have this horrible feeling he will bag a new contract once him and his agent realise no fecker wants him.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Extending Pogba will be to our detriment. He is bit the midfielder we need and we should be moving away from Hollywood football and more of a team.

lex talionis

World class when he’s up for it, but Pogba is only up for it a few games a season. It’s best we just let him go. He’s has long enough to sign a contract extension, which he clearly doesn’t fancy.

Herman Toothrot

I hope he finds a team that plays whatever system it is that will consistently get the best out of him.

Tragically Hip

I wouldn't miss him much if he leaves, but I'd also like to see him play under a real manager with a real plan/system.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Could Rangnick get something out of him or will it still be the same pogba? That is the question.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Not sure about SAF but Mourinho was ultimately right about most things. Certainly about Pogba.

5.5 years and people are still discussing how to get the best out of him. World record signing. Ridiculous.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
This boy is so irrelevant that most of us don't even put him in the "imaginary" team of the future.

People trying to figure out how this or that player will play under Ralf, no one is even thinking about Pogba.

And if they do, it's mostly "he's gonna suffer" narrative.

That alone says things.
That’s mostly because everyone assumes he’s not going to be here.