Pogba

RatPack

I'm not blaming the Club on Pogba.

The fact the cnut left once on a free and is going on a free again when the club spent near 90 million on him says all that needs to be said about Paul Pogba.

Go to Juventus on a free again.

Him going will lead to the Glazers and the manager knowing that he has to be replaced which is a positive aswell.

Just has been a waste of money, not just for his disssapointment as a player - but literally a waste of money who is going and leaving our club twice on a free.

Purely thinks about wages and fame. If he wanted to leave so bad for a trophy he could have forced and left the club earlier and got the club some money for him feeling unhappy here. Nope. He wants a free transfer so all the clubs are fighting each other to give him the highest wage possible.

My personal bet is PSG due to their history of free transfers. Then Juve due to his history in Italy.

All these people crying everytime we target an English Football player for being overrated whilst players like Herrera and Pogba hardly make us grow as a club whilst here and then decides to leave us when we are down.
Please do not compare those 2.
Herrera left as we did nothing offer a new contract in time. But he had heart and did his best when he was here.
Pogba on the other hand is just poison for the club and needs to go this summer if we can get 15-20 mill for him (personally I would let him go for free if necessary just to get him off the books). Otherwise let him train on his own the rest of his time here (If nothing else it will be fun to hear his agent complaining).

Scholsey2004

A French YouTuber called TheKairi78 claims to have seen Nasser Al-Khelaïfi and Paul Pogba in the same hotel this week.

It’s a matter of time IMO. This transfer has been disappointing on so many levels. First to lose a talented youngster on a free, then to overpay to get him back, only for us to be subjected to performances littered with inconsistency, before potentially losing him on a free again.

It’s clear at this stage that both parties are better off without each other. Paul is very much a “cherry on the cake” player who will do well in a top team, United are not there right now and we’d be more effective with a consistent player who does the basics well. I’d love Tielemans.
Pre-contract agreement talks you'd imagine. Can sign one in January. Another opportunity to rack up some money.

Cloud7

I love Pogba, and ideally I would like it if he stayed on with us, but if there’s a chance we can get De Jong if he leaves then I wouldn’t be too upset about it.

We should be in for Tielemans as well if the Pog goes.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Please do not compare those 2.
Herrera left as we did nothing offer a new contract in time. But he had heart and did his best when he was here.
Pogba on the other hand is just poison for the club and needs to go this summer if we can get 15-20 mill for him (personally I would let him go for free if necessary just to get him off the books). Otherwise let him train on his own the rest of his time here (If nothing else it will be fun to hear his agent complaining).
Personally I think Herrera is lying to look like an Angel.

I say that because of the Club he ended up going to. Just like widjnaldum - PSG contact the player way earlier than when allowed and entices the player to run down their contract so they join on a free. Liverpool tried their best to keep him.

Herrera may have not got a contract from us as quickly as PSG - but that doesn't mean PSG came in the time they were allowed.

That's why I think Pogba is gone to PSG. The type of player psg want (Messi, Neymar, Mbapper, Verrati, Di Maria & now Pogba) - then agreeing a contract behind our back with Pogba now acting like we are the bad guys who didn't reach his expectations as a club or with a contract.

Messi - Free
Donnurumma- Free
Ramos - Free
Widjnaldum- Free
Xavi Simons- Free
Herrera - Free
Bulca- Free
Buffon - Free
Diarra - Free
Chupo Moting - Free
Dani Alves - Free
Ben Arfa - Free

In 5 years.

A dirty team that has the money but still works behinds clubs back and targets the player.

AndySmith1990

Good riddance to him quite frankly. He's been one of the biggest disappointments of the last 5 years. Plenty of talent coupled with the mentality of a lazy teenager, it just doesn't work in our disfunctional team.

RatPack

I say that because of the Club he ended up going to. Just like widjnaldum - PSG contact the player way earlier than when allowed and entices the player to run down their contract so they join on a free. Liverpool tried their best to keep him.

Herrera may have not got a contract from us as quickly as PSG - but that doesn't mean PSG came in the time they were allowed.

That's why I think Pogba is gone to PSG. The type of player psg want (Messi, Neymar, Mbapper, Verrati, Di Maria & now Pogba) - then agreeing a contract behind our back with Pogba now acting like we are the bad guys who didn't reach his expectations as a club or with a contract.

Messi - Free
Donnurumma- Free
Ramos - Free
Widjnaldum- Free
Xavi Simons- Free
Herrera - Free
Bulca- Free
Buffon - Free
Diarra - Free
Chupo Moting - Free
Dani Alves - Free
Ben Arfa - Free

In 5 years.

A dirty team that has the money but still works behinds clubs back and targets the player.
I agree with you on PSG.
But for me Herrera had heart when playing for us but lacked a bit in talent.
And I think had we offered a contract to Herrera a year before his contract ran out he would have signed.
Pogba have the talent but lacks heart.
And for the entire time he has been here he has spent his time trying to get out of contract to get a new with a big sign on fee.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Messi - Free
Donnurumma- Free
Ramos - Free
Widjnaldum- Free
Xavi Simons- Free
Herrera - Free
Bulca- Free
Buffon - Free
Diarra - Free
Chupo Moting - Free
Dani Alves - Free
Ben Arfa - Free

In 5 years.

PSG is doing what many teams have been doing for ages tbh. Clubs negotiate with players secretly, they did it before and will always do it.

Bebestation

PSG is doing what many teams have been doing for ages tbh. Clubs negotiate with players secretly, they did it before and will always do it.
I'm not saying it's not been done but the way they have money but work with players in my opinion to run their contracts down is just scum level shit.

The fact that Pogba has been linked to Juventus more when they have problems and are not the most loaded makes me even more sure that PSG have worked for Pogba to run his contract down and are telling the media he is interested in joining Italy just to make everyone look like this was a proper contract negation with multiple clubs or some crap. PSG came last minute and offered a contract that beat everyone is what they want to show.

If Mbappe leaves on a free it only makes me sure that this stuff is done with so many of their players that their own payed for players are using this method to get out of the club now and Mbappe won't be the last to do so.

A bit of Karma for PSG.

Judas

Open to offers
How were we meant to sell Pogba when no one ever came close to bidding what the club thought he was worth?

We'd have sold him in many of the last few windows if anyone ever put up the money for him, but they didn't, thus we're here. You don't hear stories of us turning down mega bids for him, do you? I don't remember any ever, it never happened, it's not as if we've been holding onto him for dear life.

The simple thing is no one has ever been brave enough to put the required money on the table and that says a lot.

kouroux

I'm not saying it's not been done but the way they have money but work with players in my opinion to run their contracts down is just scum level shit.

The fact that Pogba has been linked to Juventus more when they have problems and are not the most loaded makes me even more sure that PSG have worked for Pogba to run his contract down and are telling the media he is interested in joining Italy just to make everyone look like this was a proper contract negation with multiple clubs or some crap. PSG came last minute and offered a contract that beat everyone is what they want to show.

If Mbappe leaves on a free it only makes me sure that this stuff is done with so many of their players that their own payed for players are using this method to get out of the club now and Mbappe won't be the last to do so.

A bit of Karma for PSG.
We also need to acknowledge that Man Utd didn't wanna sell him at a certain price. All parties need to be looked at when a player runs down his contract.

Bebestation

We also need to acknowledge that Man Utd didn't wanna sell him at a certain price. All parties need to be looked at when a player runs down his contract.
We know what Raiola the agent is like. The reason clubs maybe didn't go for him at such a big price is A) they didn't think he was worth it, B) they didn't feel like they had to.

Anyway, can't disagree. Have to look at everyone.

But with Pogba considering he is leaving us twice on a free - thats insane and a next level of sad. I think I will be deluded if I have to and pick my club over him than give him any sort of benefit.

kouroux

We know what Raiola the agent is like. The reason clubs maybe didn't go for him at such a big price is A) they didn't think he was worth it, B) they didn't feel like they had to.

Anyway, can't disagree. Have to look at everyone.

But with Pogba considering he is leaving us twice on a free - thats insane and a next level of sad. I think I will be deluded if I have to and pick my club over him than give him any sort of benefit.
His agent does his job well but the first layer of any discussion is the supposedly selling club's asking price.
There ain't much Raiola can do if Man Utd's valuation of Pogba makes it impossible for him to be sold.
For me, the first and main responsible of this situation is Man Utd.

youmeletsfly

His agent does his job well but the first layer of any discussion is the supposedly selling club's asking price.
There ain't much Raiola can do if Man Utd's valuation of Pogba makes it impossible for him to be sold.
For me, the first and main responsible of this situation is Man Utd.
I second this opinion, the Pogba situation is just terrible asset management by the club even if they didn't extend his contract because they didn't want to bend to Raiola. If they would've done so long ago, they would've recovered some money when he would have eventually left for PSG or Madrid.

It's just another baffling management decision made by the club.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

A bit of Karma for PSG.
That's not the case though, your view is a bit blinkered for a strange reason because for example Real Madrid are the ones that didn't want Ramos back, Wijnaldum was supposed to go to Barcelona but eventually didn't following their financial issues, Xavi Simons is no different to thousands of youth players that move freely since they aren't professionals, Bulca had never played a game before and it's not uncommon for these players to move freely, Diarra's contract was terminated because he had legal issues and he initially joined Marseille as a free agent, regarding Ben Arfa it was his own plan to use Nice to get a bigger contract somewhere else and he joined Nice as a free agent.

Like most decently run clubs PSG will look at any good player that has an advantageous contract situation and PSG have been victims of that on many occasions, losing the likes of Coman, Rabiot, Kouassi, Kays Ruiz, Adli, Aouchiche and others.

Bebestation

That's not the case though, your view is a bit blinkered for a strange reason because for example Real Madrid are the ones that didn't want Ramos back, Wijnaldum was supposed to go to Barcelona but eventually didn't following their financial issues, Xavi Simons is no different to thousands of youth players that move freely since they aren't professionals, Bulca had never played a game before and it's not uncommon for these players to move freely, Diarra's contract was terminated because he had legal issues and he initially joined Marseille as a free agent, regarding Ben Arfa it was his own plan to use Nice to get a bigger contract somewhere else and he joined Nice as a free agent.
That was a blinkered statement then.

So you believe that Widjnaldum wanted Barcelona because the media said it. Bit like it seems that Pogba wants to go to Juventus. Let's see if Juventus can afford Pogba with their finance issuess when they had to get rid of Ronaldo aswell.

What's your opinion on Herrera?

On Donnurumma? They literally sign Navas in 2019 and then snap up Donnurumma who showed no sort of interest staying at Milan- now he is talking about how he is struggling to share the number 1 spot with Kaylor Navas.

Anyway, I'm not saying that what I'm saying is correct - because it's all guesswork and I know neither Pogba nor PSG but ultimately
  1. Pogba is not going to get my love for leaving the club twice on a free whether Pep is our manager or Ole
  2. I have a feeling its PSG because their free transfers in for a club that is arguably one of the richest in the world can target high end wages through contracts than necessarily really buying it all the time. Considering Pogba is French also and has already had a career in Italy and England - the two options left in my opinion is either PSG and/or Real Madrid unless he has a pure live my life love for Juventus. If it is PSG then I do not think this is something that happened recently that they just contacted Raiola in January - this has been done and dusted for some time.
Pure guess work but ultimately Pogba leaving United twice on a free - the guy is a 90 million asset of our team and is ultimately maybe even rightly thinking about him self - however he is not really going to get my attention either.

JPRouve

Scout
That was a blinkered statement then.

So you believe that Widjnaldum wanted Barcelona because the media said it. Bit like it seems that Pogba wants to go to Juventus. Let's see if Juventus can afford Pogba with their finance issuess when they had to get rid of Ronaldo aswell.

What's your opinion on Herrera?

On Donnurumma? They literally sign Navas in 2019 and then snap up Donnurumma who showed no sort of interest staying at Milan- now he is talking about how he is struggling to share the number 1 spot with Kaylor Navas.

Anyway, I'm not saying that what I'm saying is correct - because it's all guesswork and I know neither Pogba nor PSG but ultimately
  1. Pogba is not going to get my love for leaving the club twice on a free whether Pep is our manager or Ole
  2. I have a feeling its PSG because their free transfers in for a club that is arguably one of the richest in the world can target high end wages through contracts than necessarily really buying it all the time. Considering Pogba is French also and has already had a career in Italy and England - the two options left in my opinion is either PSG and/or Real Madrid unless he has a pure live my life love for Juventus. If it is PSG then I do not think this is something that happened recently that they just contacted Raiola in January - this has been done and dusted for some time.
Pure guess work but ultimately Pogba leaving United twice on a free - the guy is a 90 million asset of our team and is ultimately maybe even rightly thinking about him self - however he is not really going to get my attention either.
No I believe that wijnaldum wanted Barcelona because he said it himself and explained that they negotiated for four weeks without reaching an agreement, PSG came after convinced him and sealed the deal. He even said that he thought that he was going to Barcelona because for a while they were his only offer. Keep in mind that clubs are free to talk to player 6 months before the end of the contract.
Donnarumma has been a nightmare for Milan for years every negotiations have been a chore and they finally told him to do one and quickly signed Maignan after breaking negotiations themselves. And I don't have an opinion on Herrera, I don't see why I would have one, free transfers are fairly common in Football, I don't even know why it needs to be stated.

And regarding Pogba as Kouroux said, all clubs talk to agents all the time, it's barely a secret, whoever sign Pogba has already talked to Raiola and already budgeted a potential move. It's no different to how you prepare a transfer.

Maticmaker

Good riddance to him quite frankly. He's been one of the biggest disappointments of the last 5 years. Plenty of talent coupled with the mentality of a lazy teenager, it just doesn't work in our disfunctional team.
Agree entirely, he is a big disappoint, as he was the first time around.
Paul had all the attributes to be a world class player, except one, that is the mentality needed to realise and make the most of the physical talents he undoubtedly has.
Will be interesting to see which club is willing to pay him £500k per week... you never know, there may be bigger mugs than United out there!

Ludens the Red

He’s going PSG. There is no other option.
nobody else is going to or can afford or will give him 500k a week. Madrid are focused on Mbappe, Barca are broke, Juventus are still balancing their books too.
Him and Raiola are going to be in for a shock if they think clubs will be clamouring to pay him these obscene wages and a potentially massive signing on fee.

Mike Smalling

I used to think it would be a big step backwards to lose Pogba, but I am now more leaning towards just getting rid. Hopefully, we can spend the freed up wages on quality midfielders that actually solve the problems we have. Pogba is a wonderful talent, but it is clearly an issue that one of our biggest stars doesn't have a clear position and only sometimes plays to his level.

El Zoido

I really like him as a player, but this circus is so tiring. I don’t think many United fans would be disappointed if he left. You had a rumours with Ronaldo for a couple of years before he finally did leave, but he was so good you accepted it. And it hurt when he left, too. It’s going to be great not having to read about his agent running his mouth every other week.

red_de_pologne

I really like him as a player, but this circus is so tiring. I don’t think many United fans would be disappointed if he left. You had a rumours with Ronaldo for a couple of years before he finally did leave, but he was so good you accepted it. And it hurt when he left, too. It’s going to be great not having to read about his agent running his mouth every other week.
When was the last time he did that?

bosskeano

Mino talking out his arse again....sell this motherfecker during the january window and feck right off

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Pogba loves his hair more than he does Utd. Riola is like a matrix worm that Pogba inserted. I wouldn't even glance at Pogba's hair if he passed me wearing a satelite dish on his head. Couple of grabbers.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
I really hope he leaves, honestly not remotely close to being worth it. Get a couple midfielders that can bring balance to the team and are consistent.

Lightbringer

Poga is going decline physically shortly, he is a big dude, I cant see him holding up too long, feck him!

JohnnyKills

Raiola is very good at his job.
Is he though? People say this all the time, but how many of his players actually win big trophies? How many of his current roster have won the PL, CL or La Liga?

Yes he gets money for them, but most of them are good players so they'd earn big money anyway. You could argue that he's actually had a negative impact on their careers by forcing them to move around and scaring the likes of Real, Barca, City and Bayern.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Take any offers in January. If he rejects the contract, let him play with the reserves until his contract runs out.

JPRouve

Scout
Is he though? People say this all the time, but how many of his players actually win big trophies? How many of his current roster have won the PL, CL or La Liga?

Yes he gets money for them, but most of them are good players so they'd earn big money anyway. You could argue that he's actually had a negative impact on their careers by forcing them to move around and scaring the likes of Real, Barca, City and Bayern.
It's a tricky question because Raiola has for the most part focused his job on smaller dutch and italian players, he has never had a lot of client, they don't move much outside of Ibrahimovic and they don't chase money either.