Pogba

tentan

Poor man's poster.
They audacity to want even more money? I would understand it if he was putting in world class performances every game but to think he is worth that baffles me. Absolute joke.

Tyrion

Pogba on the other hand is just poison for the club and needs to go this summer if we can get 15-20 mill for him (personally I would let him go for free if necessary just to get him off the books). Otherwise let him train on his own the rest of his time here (If nothing else it will be fun to hear his agent complaining).
Agreed. I don't get the fear of a player leaving for free. Ozil at Arsenal, Bale at Real and Sanchez at United are examples of clubs giving contracts out of fear of the player leaving for free and it backfiring completely. If he had longer on his contract, we'd probably struggle to sell him for much anyway.

I say let it run out. He hasn't been good enough to justify his current wage, nevermind his constant troublemaking.

Redlyn

Please do not compare those 2.
Herrera left as we did nothing offer a new contract in time. But he had heart and did his best when he was here.
Pogba on the other hand is just poison for the club and needs to go this summer if we can get 15-20 mill for him (personally I would let him go for free if necessary just to get him off the books). Otherwise let him train on his own the rest of his time here (If nothing else it will be fun to hear his agent complaining).
You do realise this is the last year of his contract right. He'll be free to talk to any club in January.

united for life

Letting him go for free in the summer would be better than having him stay and pay him what his agent is asking for. He has done nothing to deserve being the highest paid player. He doesn’t lead or lift the team. When we’re playing well he plays well when the team is in bad form he gets annoyed with no effort to carry the team. When we signed him, i expected him to eventually become united captain. I was wrong

DutchCruijff

Real Madrid will NOT sign Pogba next summer. It's over.

Well, that's Madrid off the cards. Who's left? Juventus and PSG? The former couldn't afford him and there's a good chance they're not making UCL next season. The latter I don't think he'd even start for them and they'd have to carry another passenger next season.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Barcelona perhaps? They’re loving freebies at the moment.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Wait until summer and offer him the same (at most) as De Gea. If not, he's free to go.

wolvored

Wait until summer and offer him the same (at most) as De Gea. If not, he's free to go.
Nah he doesnt want to stop why should we bail him out when he cant get a big payoff with the teams he was hoping to go to? feck him off.

Blood Mage

If we're moving towards a pressing system I don't see how he fits in the team. It doesn't make much sense to keep him anymore beyond retaining his value. Maybe the club are hoping that Newcastle are desperate enough to give us £100m for him next year.

AndySmith1990

I genuinely hope he has no interest in staying and we get rid of him in January. I can't wait until our club is free of him and his fat greedy agent.

Dempsey19

If we're moving towards a pressing system I don't see how he fits in the team. It doesn't make much sense to keep him anymore beyond retaining his value. Maybe the club are hoping that Newcastle are desperate enough to give us £100m for him next year.
Well getting a fee for him is not happening as he can sign a pre contract with anyone he wants in Janaury and leave for free in June then.

I hope we do get rid though as I dont rate him at all. Odd flash of brilliance but that's it.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Let Rangnick decide based on his own collected data in perspective of long term planning.

Still good player with rich skillset, but I have no objections in case performing a more brave clearout when needed, especially if midfield needs remodelling almost from scratch.

If he goes, I do hope other players also follow with exact same judgement standards.

GlasgowCeltic

When his legs go they're really gonna go, he's hardly mobile as it is, you'd think maybe a year to 18 months tops

pascell

We need to stop pandering to him, he either accepts the terms we offered or he leaves, simple as that.

We won't miss him when he's gone and if anything, under the right manager we'll function like a proper team.

Roane

Let me start by saying the Pogba we have seen for the last couple of seasons or so needs gone. Hasn't fulfilled expectations or ambition.

Yet here we are as man UTD post SAF bringing in Rangnick to sort out a club that has been spiralling. Attempted fixes with managers have pretty much all turned out bad and shown we aren't going anywhere.

We have players we signed for big money who look like novices and we have been pretty dire on the pitch for the main part.

So on to Pogba. Comes back with a bit of a rep. Medals on his chest and looking to go in to the prime of his life. Plays some good football and we are excited. Over the years tje and excitement becomes resentment. To him being abused by fans after a game.

Yet he himself doesn't slate the club or management. Plays where told to play, has been instrumental with some youngsters and has been giving pep talks etc. Well liked by all it seems.

If we all have been exhausted and generally annoyed with the club, some on here and others I've spoken to even mentioning not taking as much interest in games etc, should we nit give Pogba some leeway? Potentially could have had a "better" career at another club. Trophy/medal wise.

Maybe this was his crying out that the club was in freefall? At his age looking back it was out of his hands but he could have been contender? Or so he may think? Maybe rangnick is exactly what he needs? Maybe he was a lone voice who couldn't go against what was being said by likes of nev etc?

Maybe he is just a twat, I don't know but it would be interesting to read any book he writes in the future.

Shame it hasn't worked out. Was excited about his return. Things need to change that's for sure. Maybe I'm being soft?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
When his legs go they're really gonna go, he's hardly mobile as it is, you'd think maybe a year to 18 months tops
It's difficult to tell, didn't Scholes and Giggs had big dips around that age? For me the issue with Pogba is injuries, I wonder how much is physiological and how much is due to training programs and diet. And while he isn't the most agile, he is mobile and one of the players with the most ground covered in our team almost every seasons.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Let Rangnick decide based on his own collected data in perspective of long term planning.

Still good player with rich skillset, but I have no objections in case performing a more brave clearout when needed, especially if midfield needs remodelling almost from scratch.

If he goes, I do hope other players also follow with exact same judgement standards.
I agree. Ralf will decide if he wants to spend a large proportion of Utd's budget on Pogba and Riola. If Ralf can turn Pogba into a consistent effective footballer then a new contract might be worthwhile.

OoopsMisclick

Brilliant when he wants but lazy most of the times (+plenty of sloppiness, even when he ain't under pressure)
He unbalances our team, much rather have a balanced team then trying to play pogba.

Fluctuation0161

Yep. Get rid of him.

Wrong mentality, lack of consistency. Luxury player in a squad which ready struggles to find balance with Ronaldo AND Bruno. Sick of his and his agents antics.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I agree. Ralf will decide if he wants to spend a large proportion of Utd's budget on Pogba and Riola. If Ralf can turn Pogba into a consistent effective footballer then a new contract might be worthwhile.
Might be, might not, I just hope somekind of ambitious standard can be applied to everyone in order to prevent quitters & contract hunters running this club on the pitch.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

Well, that's Madrid off the cards. Who's left? Juventus and PSG? The former couldn't afford him and there's a good chance they're not making UCL next season. The latter I don't think he'd even start for them and they'd have to carry another passenger next season.
He would definitely start for PSG even only because of his status.

CM

It's difficult to envisage a scenario where Pogba stays now. This has been rumbling on for years, we've never really found a system to get the best out of him and now we're moving towards a pressing system.

It's a shame a player of his quality will be leaving on a free but the alternative is paying huge wages for someone who doesn't really fit, with injury problems approaching his 30s. We shouldn't have let it get to this point really, get him to sign a deal before entering the last 18 months of his contract or cash in.

GueRed

Brilliant when he wants but lazy most of the times (+plenty of sloppiness, even when he ain't under pressure)
He unbalances our team, much rather have a balanced team then trying to play pogba.
I dont agree. He works hard and covers a lot of ground.

He just lacks awareness...He is so slow to reacting to and sensing any danger it's a joke really.

SER19

Can't think of a player less suited to Rangnick and the supposed like minded successor

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
How?

They're likely to move to 343 and Verratti-Pogba isn't going to work, and Verratti is better than Pogba.

Donnarumma is stuck on the bench and already murmurs of him wanting to move.
I don't know if they are, can imagine them benching Kimpembe or putting him at Left Back if Ramos really gets fit and they sign Pogba.

Verratti is quite injury prone, so is Pogba but I could see their manager playing the both of them when fit even in a 343. They wouldnt pay such salary to bench him, no way PSG does that, but I can PSG being stupid enough to sign him.

LoneStar

Just let him go. He has a lot of positives, but his net effect on the team is hardly positive. Extremely inconsistent, and will likely not perform in a pressing system well. And his agent is cancer.

It’s not like he can iron out his shortcomings either. He’s at the physical peak of his career, and will likely go downhill in the next couple of years. Making him the highest paid player would be a complete joke.

nainaisson

He can become Newcastle's first marquee signing, as soon as the club can figure out how to get one of their Saudi companies to "sponsor" them without breaking Premier League rules.

The Urban Goose

He and Utd (I refuse to use "us" in this context) swallowed they hype, resulting in him thinking he's bigger than Utd and doesn't need to make the effort needed to improve and consistently excel, and Utd pricing him out of a move two years ago. £120m+? Get to feck.

I can understand him swallowing his own hype given the type of people to tend to surround players these days, but there was no excuse for Utd. I expect reality is now hitting home and it's not making for comfortable conversations between him and his overweight pizza delivery agent.

His career will now fizzle out and he'll be in those lists of "unfulfilled promise" in the future, I just hope we're not the mugs lumbered with his salary for the next 5 years.

Andrew7582

Imagine PSG adding Pogba to the midfield of a team that already have a front 3 that don't work hard, would make them even worse.

saivet

Yeah, I feel the same way. I'll be content in any outcome to be honest.

Canagel

Ralf won't have any effect on him. Pogba made up his mind to leave a long time ago. Nothing and nobody would change it, only Zidane could have changed his mind and even then he might still have chosen to leave