Pogba Tests Positive for Coronavirus

Judas

Open to offers
Lovely potential start to pre-season, hopefully the right precautions are taken and he's back up and running in time for the start of the season.

Another reminder that the world is far from being normal.

meamth

Black people are more vulnerable to the virus isn't it?

My god.

EDIT:
yeah, looked it up.

Black people four times more likely to die from Covid-19, ONS finds. :(

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
That's really scary. I hope his pregnant partner is not also affected. I wish him speedy recovery.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
They've gone into quarantine because they were in a nightclub that had confirmed cases. Hard to see how the season can start as planned if players are going to be going into 14 day isolation.

Hope Pogba is asymptomatic and stays that way.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ayers-quarantine-ahead-pre-season-return.html

It is not known which of the players have tested positive. The Telegraph report that six players have the virus and a further two are quarantining because of close contact with those affected.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
His age group it is true, but the ethnicity puts him a bit higher risk.
Ethnicity at a higher risk based on what? Those stats that you see are mainly based on socio-economic factors. People don't have a higher risk of dying because they are black. It doesn't work that way. There are facts that you have to put into context and that stat is mainly surrounding socio-economic factors.

Jonno

People need to calm down. Do you know the rate of death for people in their 20s? Now take into consideration that he's an elite athlete, what do you think the chance of him dying is?

You guys act like covid is the end of the world virus. It's really not. Maybe too much CNN for some of you.
Excellent. His wife is pregnant.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Ethnicity at a higher risk based on what? Those stats that you see are mainly based on socio-economic factors. People don't have a higher risk of dying because they are black. It doesn't work that way. There are facts that you have to put into context and that stat is mainly surrounding socio-economic factors.
As someone else said though, his wife is heavily pregnant so hopefully they are both OK.

Dudu

Get well soon Paul!

Will he miss the start of the season?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
FFS turning into the best preseason ever this!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

My god.

EDIT:
yeah, looked it up.

More likely to do with their lack of access to treatment...

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Absolutely - I worked at a place where 200 tested positive after a site-wide test; almost all of those who got it never had any symptoms and everyone was back within 3 weeks.

There was massive outrage from a lot who had to isolate (I tested negative - I'm fairly sure I had the virus near the start of the year with no symptoms).

Many at my work were in their 40s and 50s, a lot were overweight. Pogba will be fine
Many on this forum will tell you that this virus will kill you with ease though. Crazy how far some are from reality. You should've seen the "will coronavirus cancel the premier league" thread. Lots on there were going hysterical claiming the end of the world and how football will not exist for the next 5 years.

romufc

With most people crowding in limited holiday destinations, players are bound to get it. This just shows what a good job football done finishing the season without many cases.

We need to get all our players back in the country by the end of this week if we want to start the season with a full squad.

philipos

Blessing in disguise? - doesn't have to play a poxy international at the start of September so will get more time to rest before the start of the league season ...... as long as he recovers quickly with no lasting symptoms.

United58

My god.

EDIT:
yeah, looked it up.

Pogba's one of the fittest black people on the planet, in his mid 20s, he's practically the perfect physical specimen to fight it. Obviously it would be better if he didn't have it, but he's very well equipped to get through it

Chief123

Apprarently Souness has criticised Pogba for not recovering from the virus quicker than Henderson would have.

Zoo

Ndombele also tested positive. Not that you would know from watching SSN.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Bit annoying but hopefully that's about it. From a fitness perspective, he should be in good shape given the Europa was about a week ago, and this shouldn't prevent him doing plenty of 'at home' work assuming he's asymptomatic. I'm sure his yard is sufficient for wind sprints.

Does highlight that the club and players could really have been more draconian with this summer rest though.

Chief123

At least it’ll quieten the haters for a while considering it’s something positive from Pogba.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
His age group it is true, but the ethnicity puts him a bit higher risk.
My god.
EDIT:yeah, looked it up.
It's not because of genetic reasons, rather socio economic, which Pogba doesn't suffer from.

There is a theory that darker skin people have a greater likelihood of Vitamin D deficiency, but this is still just a hypothesis and far from proven.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
People need to calm down. Do you know the rate of death for people in their 20s? Now take into consideration that he's an elite athlete, what do you think the chance of him dying is?

You guys act like covid is the end of the world virus. It's really not. Maybe too much CNN for some of you.
I know 3 people who have had it and are still suffering severe respiratory difficulties more than 4 months later. None are prime athletes as you say but all relatively young.

Hopefully he has a mild case and bounces back to full health soon.