Pogba: "There are things I cannot say, otherwise I will get fined"

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
'You have to know one thing. A player that gets chosen and is happy, you always feel more comfortable than when he's not happy. That's all I'll say.'

Pogba's mentality has been questioned by Mourinho and the midfielder was dropped last season for the Champions League tie against Sevilla.

'I am the same Paul Pogba (as at the World Cup). It's a different team, obviously. I still love football and give my best. When you are comfortable, when people trust everyone, are good in the head, it's going to be easier.

'If you're not happy doing what you're doing, there's no point doing it, right? There's point doing things because you love it.'

Asked if he was happy and comfortable, Pogba replied: 'There are things I cannot say, otherwise I will get fined.'

He was, however, happy to describe why it clicked with France at the World Cup under Didier Deschamps, where Pogba was filmed in the dressing room rallying his team-mates.

'It's easier for a player to be on the same page with all the group,' he said. 'The manager was inside, the physio, the kitman, we were all a group.

'So obviously it's easier to go and speak and express yourself, and we went for an objective and the big one was to win.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ad-relationship-Jose-Mourinho-Man-United.html
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/paul-pogba-admits-must-not-13069137.amp

ESPN and many others echoing these quotes too.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Jesus Christ. He just needs to shut the f up and do the business. Absolute queen.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Win the Prem or CL this season and Woody will put you on Alexis money son.

SuperiorXI

feck sake this drama changes like the wind it's football Eastenders/Love Island.

You have a job to do and you get paid fecking loads, shut up and do it.

el3mel

Absolutely idiotic comments. Doesn't he even understands these quotes just fuel the media and create more melodrama around the club than what we actually need ?

Mourinho praised him pre and post match, and gave him the armband. Everything looks like there's a try of solving any previous issues and go on with the season and he comes out with this ? Ridiculous.

He needs to either shut up completely or get someone else to talk on behalf of him.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
As I said in the Pogba thread, this is unfortunate after the olive branch of the captaincy and being praised by Mou on Friday night.

Nobody knows what’s gone on between them but Jose is trying to mend the relationship for the good of the club.

Not the best looking response to a peace offering. It puts Jose in an awkward position too. How does he respond to questions about this in his next presser?

Almost like Pogba wants to damage the relationship so much Mou will let him leave for Barcelona.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Yeah I guess with the money paid and the status we were bound to catch up with the 'only God knows' bullshit sooner or later, weren't we?

Just give him a new contract and it will all be fine. Raiola's playing a decent game here.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

It doesn't matter too much. He will stay this season and hopefully him and Mourinho will solve their problems between them throughout.

He is here for now, and he looks focused and determined.

Jagga7

Mourinho blatantly made him the scapegoat last season and he clearly still isn't happy about it.

Snafu17

This seems to be frankesteined together from a few different flash interviews rather than a singular more detailed interview. He could be implying loads lf different things with that quote, including being pissed off at the media, as he has often times done in the past.

Fits wonderfully with the narrative that's been going on for a while though. Papers will surely be sold.

edgar allan

Absolutely idiotic comments. Doesn't he even understands these quotes just fuel the media and create more melodrama around the club than what we actually need ?

Mourinho praised him pre and post match, and gave him the armband. Everything looks like there's a try of solving any previous issues and go on with the season and he comes out with this ? Ridiculous.

He needs to either shut up completely or get someone else to talk on behalf of him.
Totally agree, the growth in his ego and self worth is rapidly outstripping his talent.

Crimson King

How true are these comments? A lot of the replies to the ESPN tweet suggest the quote had been taken out of the context. The original source seems to be from the Sun...

Not sure what to make of this, could just be shit stirring by journos to keep the Barca links alive so they can fill a few column inches.

Rolaholic

ClickbaitFC just couldn't stand the positive vibes coming from United after yesterdays win could they? :lol::lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if they dredged up some quotes from a preseason interview and released it late. They did the same when they jumped on the Pogba rumors by adding their own spin/wrinkle by claiming that he was bothered by one of their interviews with Mourinho after the WC

I'd wait before trusting known BS merchants like ESPNFC before jumping on Pogba's back

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
How true are these comments? A lot of the replies to the ESPN tweet suggest the quote had been taken out of the context. The original source seems to be from the Sun...

Not sure what to make if this, could just be shit stirring by journos to keep the Barca links alive so they can fill a few column inches.
@Damien hates the Sun, and would not post a thread where a quote is based from those shower of shites. For that reason they must be true