Pogba: "We Should Attack, Attack, Attack!"

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
So, Deschamps replicated the Pirlo/Vidal dynamic and gave him a relaxed role? You're right, Kante and Pirlo are like peas in a pod.

Or maybe, is it possible that Pogba just got his head in the game over a shorter tournament format and put the required effort in, in a central midfield position?

Could it also be that at Juve, he was a young kid trying to earn his spot whereas he thinks he's king shit at United where he dictates his exact position and the team's formation so he doesn't have to do much leg work whenever he doesn't feel like it?
It could be many things from what you're saying, to bad management right to a dip in terms of talented players as opposed to Juventus. What I do know is that at Juventus no one questioned Pogba's commitment and abilities and they certainly have less tolerance then we do.

Thus why in such circumstances I tend to look beyond the player and see how the team is faring instead. If its an isolated case then probably its the player's fault. But that's not the case. The defence look more vulnerable this season while Sanchez, Pogba, Martial, Lukaku and Rashford have regressed. Meanwhile Mou seem more moody, his assistant has left, the result are undermining at best and the list of people who had ended up in Mou's firing line is increasing exponentially.

Could it be the case that the manager has lost it again? Its not the first time it happened after all.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I doubt he really thinks like a fan. "Attack, attack, attack" was just appealing to the lowest common denominator.
It's half and half in my opinion, he still has habits in his play that are not typical of top players. It's almost as if he isn't even aware of certain parts of the game, many attackers have more defensive awareness than Pogba, which is just strange.

Given Pogba's personality as well, he seems to value enjoying his time on the pitch, I would be inclined to believe he doesn't like tracking back which is again really strange for a midfielder.

Rolaholic

The away fans should be stripped of the captaincy as well

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Pogba goes off and we score...
or more accurately, when we finally decided to have a go and had our attackers on the pitch, we finally had a period of sustained pressure.

Yagami

Good post resistant
:lol: at least wait for the match to be over because we conceded too
& the goal was from a set-piece. It wasn't like we magically turned into a decent football side all of a sudden.

Abhinav

Mourinho should leave the club and take Pogba with him. Pogba does a couple of things every match but he is so casual for most of the other moments. He is not a united player and he would not have been under fergie. Our players under Fergie, how much ever talented, were committed, switched on and ready to battle it out every minute on the field. Pogba is extremely talented but lacks the other attributes that make a united worthy player.

POF

It could be many things from what you're saying, to bad management right to a dip in terms of talented players as opposed to Juventus. What I do know is that at Juventus no one questioned Pogba's commitment and abilities and they certainly have less tolerance then we do.

Thus why in such circumstances I tend to look beyond the player and see how the team is faring instead. If its an isolated case then probably its the player's fault. But that's not the case. The defence look more vulnerable this season while Sanchez, Pogba, Martial, Lukaku and Rashford have regressed. Meanwhile Mou seem more moody, his assistant has left, the result are undermining at best and the list of people who had ended up in Mou's firing line is increasing exponentially.

Could it be the case that the manager has lost it again? Its not the first time it happened after all.
Absolutely it could. Mourinho hasn't helped himself with his public criticism of players and it is clearly a divided unhappy squad.

That doesn't excuse Pogba's behaviour though. He's made too many disruptive comments and his last ones were a thinly veiled blatant attempt to get the manager sacked. No successful team has players who behave like that and the only one who is ultimately responsible for Pogba's behaviour is himself.

Asger

Absolutely it could. Mourinho hasn't helped himself with his public criticism of players and it is clearly a divided unhappy squad.

That doesn't excuse Pogba's behaviour though. He's made too many disruptive comments and his last ones were a thinly veiled blatant attempt to get the manager sacked. No successful team has players who behave like that and the only one who is ultimately responsible for Pogba's behaviour is himself.
The players are just proving for us fans how much of a pussies they really are.. they have no passion for the club.

cyril C

Ironically Pogba should be the last person voicing this out. It was not about not having the intent to attack, it was the quality of attack. No team work, solo run then long ball. Even West Ham played more sophisticated football than us. Pogba WAS part of the reason, he had a few touches too many and got robbed so many time. Even when he passed it was sideway and backward. I am not saying Pogba was THE reason of such poor passing, because team work require a team to do it. He (and Sanchez) just had a few touches too many, slowing us down.

Alabaster Codify7

Paul Pogba is an over-rated melt.

There, I've said it, and I feel a bit better for it. Couldn't care less when he follows Jose out the door.

Ainu

Attacking in numbers is the only thing that seems to work for us, so why not stick to that? I doubt we will though, it takes a 2-0 deficit for us to try it.