Pogba

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
The continued discussion on Pogba's attitude etc is nauseating to be honest. He is a brilliant player with a below-par attitude given his inability to fully commit to the United cause from the get go and the cryptic comments he has made in the past about his future when the club was in the doldrums performance wise. Can't wait for him to leave even if it is on his terms.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
There would be statistics to back this up...do you have them?
You can see the effort everyone puts in when they see Cavani giving his all on the pitch, its infectious. You are right there is probably stats backing it up, I provided an observation from watching the games and thats the data Im going with, was just a general comment on how I thought Cavani has been good for the team when fit and available.

crackers0seven

This has been decided months ago by Paul's side. He's leaving on a free,simple as that,big signing on fee and ok wages, probably less than our wages offered, was always the likely outcome with the way his management work.should have moved him on 2yrs ago.wont be a great loss imo.he is a effective player, but team has to cater to him and he's not consistent enough to be built around. Think we will be better in long run with him gone. Psg I reckon. We look like mugs though. Left us twice for free and paid 90m for him. Couldn't write it...

SAF is the GOAT

We should take off our offer - we're not a "rebound" of any player, we're Manchester United.

Most of the time he's here Paul never justified his current contract and future wages demands, If he doesn't want to sign a new contract - it's OK, we'll be fine without him.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
It will be very disappointing if he leaves on a free again, not a good look at all. I know it’s his career but not many players leave a club on a free once never mind twice.

That being said, reading through these posts, if ive never watched him play I’m thinking he’s probably a level below Andreas Perreira :lol:

stoinz

Leaving for free is not the worst thing that can happen to us. Is when he decided to stay not because he wants to but because of a lack of options. We end up with a unmotivated player with super high wages. Not forgetting the regularly media briefing by his agent. For whatever reasons, Pogba and us hasn't been a right fit and parting of ways now might be best option for everyone.

Ogaranya

For him to be willing to leave on a free again shows how ungrateful and disrespectful he is to the club

He has a terrible attitude, please sweet ralph, open the door in January and let him go

wolvored

At the very least remove the contract off the table as its making us look desperate. If its higher than he is offered abroad and then he re-signs on August 31st we would look the biggest mugs ever. A player who only wants to be here for the money.

TsuWave

At the very least remove the contract off the table as its making us look desperate. If its higher than he is offered abroad and then he re-signs on August 31st we would look the biggest mugs ever. A player who only wants to be here for the money.
the stuff you guys care about is so comical

For him to be willing to leave on a free again shows how ungrateful and disrespectful he is to the club

He has a terrible attitude, please sweet ralph, open the door in January and let him go
yeah man, players shouldn't look after their economic interests. it's not as if United had years to renew or sell.

lost7

Think he should go, it just never worked out for him with us and I reckon we could find a much more suitable player in our midfield at half the wages. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to Madrid and goes on to become one of the best midfielders in the world to make us look like even bigger mugs, though

Roane

Think Pogba is as good as gone. Everything else is just noise at the moment.

I do think the emphasis has been on Pogba and how he is a this that and the other due to his agent or his attitude etc

For me the club hasn't handled itself brilliantly in this scenario. He went from being a player who was captain material to a bit part player.

Marwood

Think Pogba is as good as gone. Everything else is just noise at the moment.

I do think the emphasis has been on Pogba and how he is a this that and the other due to his agent or his attitude etc

For me the club hasn't handled itself brilliantly in this scenario. He went from being a player who was captain material to a bit part player.
Captain material?

I'm struggling to think of another less suited to captaincy in the squad. Martial. That's about it.

Thiagoal

I mean, putting aside work rate, attitude etc, he’s only been fit enough to play 55% of matches in the last 2 and a half seasons. For a player on his salary that’s not good enough and giving him a new deal would be ludicrous

Roane

Captain material?

I'm struggling to think of another less suited to captaincy in the squad. Martial. That's about it.
He was spoken about as captain a while back. Captained under Jose and Ole was very complimentary about him and his role in the team, touting him as future captain.

His leadership qualities are spoken about amongst the french squad. Especially in the dressing room where he is known to have held the half time talks.

Marwood

he was captain for a period under Mourinho wasn’t he?
Not sure, can't remember if he was.

Doesn't really make a difference though. Pogba is nowhere near a captain. There's so much about him that's the antithesis of what a captain needs to be.

Roane

Not sure, can't remember if he was.

Doesn't really make a difference though. Pogba is nowhere near a captain. There's so much about him that's the antithesis of what a captain needs to be.
Against Granada iirc. Jose said he was "second captain" for a while. Then went on to say he would never captain again.

Was the start of Pogba "changing" imo

Marwood

He was spoken about as captain a while back. Captained under Jose and Ole was very complimentary about him and his role in the team, touting him as future captain.

His leadership qualities are spoken about amongst the french squad. Especially in the dressing room where he is known to have held the half time talks.
Ole was dropping him at times and made Maguire captain over him. Jose clearly disliked him at the end. Neither made him the proper club captain when there were clear opportunities to do so.

Yeah there's some clip of him giving a little talk at half time.

How about on the pitch? The most important bit. Can you think of a player more opposite to Keane or Robson?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We are getting a golden chance here to avoid another DDG Rooney Sanchez and to a lesser extent a Bale Greizmann situation. None of these players are worth 400k a week and up. Give that to someone smack bang in form in their prime or else you can get two top class young players for those wages.

Roane

Ole was dropping him at times and made Maguire captain over him. Jose clearly disliked him at the end. Neither made him the proper club captain when there were clear opportunities to do so.

Yeah there's some clip of him giving a little talk at half time.

How about on the pitch? The most important bit. Can you think of a player more opposite to Keane or Robson?
Depends how far back you want to go with Pogba.

Jose made him vice captain or "second captain" as he called it. Yes he did fall out with the player in the end but he fell out with everyone.

Ole made him Captain in games and touted him as future captain. I think (and this is my own opinions) Pogba has had many aspects of his game reduced. Free kicks, penalty and of course captaincy potential maybe due to his deciding to leave. However he was spoken of highly and his leadership was praised often.

His french team mates have been glowing about him. From Lloris after iirc Portugal and even journos who wrote about how he went from the guy who chose the music to someone who became instrumental to Deschamps when dealing with players one to one. Incidentally his impact and relationship with UTD youngsters is something he gets a lot of praise for.

I am not saying Pogba should be captain, although anyone but Maguire is my current position. However the current narrative around Pogba has been fairly recent and complete opposite of even a year or so ago

Marwood

Depends how far back you want to go with Pogba.

Jose made him vice captain or "second captain" as he called it. Yes he did fall out with the player in the end but he fell out with everyone.

Ole made him Captain in games and touted him as future captain. I think (and this is my own opinions) Pogba has had many aspects of his game reduced. Free kicks, penalty and of course captaincy potential maybe due to his deciding to leave. However he was spoken of highly and his leadership was praised often.

His french team mates have been glowing about him. From Lloris after iirc Portugal and even journos who wrote about how he went from the guy who chose the music to someone who became instrumental to Deschamps when dealing with players one to one. Incidentally his impact and relationship with UTD youngsters is something he gets a lot of praise for.

I am not saying Pogba should be captain, although anyone but Maguire is my current position. However the current narrative around Pogba has been fairly recent and complete opposite of even a year or so ago
But none of these managers actually made him the full time captain did they?

He'l never be one unless he goes to a team in America or China where he's by far the biggest name.

The stuff that stops him being a captain is the same stuff that stops him being the player he should be

Giggs' right foot

We are getting a golden chance here to avoid another DDG Rooney Sanchez and to a lesser extent a Bale Greizmann situation. None of these players are worth 400k a week and up. Give that to someone smack bang in form in their prime or else you can get two top class young players for those wages.
United eventually; “Best I can do is a 7-year extension with 575k a week and 10% raise each season.”

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
United eventually; “Best I can do is a 7-year extension with 575k a week and 10% raise each season.”
It’s the law of diminishing returns and alarm bells have been going off with Pogba for years. Not only is he not worth 400 or whatever they want but he’s clearly not even worth whatever he’s on now. Clear heads and fresh eyes will hopefully win the day. He’ll only get 300 and a fat sign on at some club that’ll take him on a free or he’ll get 400 from us because we are stupid and it’ll be sold to us like it’s all love, just a tough negotiation for one of the ‘worlds best talents’. He’s just not as good as his team think he is. Not an important player to us going forward and he’s massively overplayed his hand with his agent all these years.

Roane

But none of these managers actually made him the full time captain did they?

He'l never be one unless he goes to a team in America or China where he's by far the biggest name.

The stuff that stops him being a captain is the same stuff that stops him being the player he should be
No you are right he was not made captain long term. He did captain for both Jose and Ole. And both are ok record as saying he has what it takes to be future captain.

I think iirc his performances in games he was captain were praised.

The issue with Pogba we captain is not easily regarded or disregarded in my own personal opinion, based on what I have read or heard over the years.

So for example Jose falling out with him is reported to have been with comments Pogba made in the dressing room, leasing to a confrontation by Jose and the start of Pogba voicing his desire to leave.

Now if those reports are to be believed Pogba is said to have said that UTD need to be more attacking, attack attack attack.

Reports after the incident, and Pogba interviews, showed that he said he didn't need to be captain to speak out.

Not sure about anyone else but that seems like leadership, especially if you believe he was right. And I do, it's what fans had been saying and commentators re the UTD way etc.

You named Robson and Keane earlier as captains, and my name would suggest I'm a big fan (RObsonkeaNE). The big factor for these fantastic captains was they weren't alone on the pitch as leaders. We had leaders almost everywhere we looked.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
You can see the effort everyone puts in when they see Cavani giving his all on the pitch, its infectious. You are right there is probably stats backing it up, I provided an observation from watching the games and thats the data Im going with, was just a general comment on how I thought Cavani has been good for the team when fit and available.
Sorry I think that’s just a nice thing to say. It would suggest also that our players in general are unprofessional. I I disagree with that.

wolvored

the stuff you guys care about is so comical

yeah man, players shouldn't look after their economic interests. it's not as if United had years to renew or sell.
Comical? So you would be happy to sign players like Sanchez di maria and Pogba that play hot and cold with no affiliation other than the money? No not for me. I want players who think its a big thing, even an honour to play for Utd. Players that are here for the benefit of the club, for trying to win trophies, not just a big fat paycheque and everything else is peripheral

Matt851

It will be very disappointing if he leaves on a free again, not a good look at all. I know it’s his career but not many players leave a club on a free once never mind twice.

That being said, reading through these posts, if ive never watched him play I’m thinking he’s probably a level below Andreas Perreira :lol:
Would be much worse if he signed a huge new contract thereby raising the salary ceiling further and meaning we have to put up with years of underwhelming displays for a handful of good ones

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
No you are right he was not made captain long term. He did captain for both Jose and Ole. And both are ok record as saying he has what it takes to be future captain.

I think iirc his performances in games he was captain were praised.

The issue with Pogba we captain is not easily regarded or disregarded in my own personal opinion, based on what I have read or heard over the years.

So for example Jose falling out with him is reported to have been with comments Pogba made in the dressing room, leasing to a confrontation by Jose and the start of Pogba voicing his desire to leave.

Now if those reports are to be believed Pogba is said to have said that UTD need to be more attacking, attack attack attack.

Reports after the incident, and Pogba interviews, showed that he said he didn't need to be captain to speak out.

Not sure about anyone else but that seems like leadership, especially if you believe he was right. And I do, it's what fans had been saying and commentators re the UTD way etc.

You named Robson and Keane earlier as captains, and my name would suggest I'm a big fan (RObsonkeaNE). The big factor for these fantastic captains was they weren't alone on the pitch as leaders. We had leaders almost everywhere we looked.
The attack comments weren't in the dressing room, he said it during the post match interview on TV. Funnily enough Old Trafford was screaming it during the game.

TsuWave

Comical? So you would be happy to sign players like Sanchez di maria and Pogba that play hot and cold with no affiliation other than the money? No not for me. I want players who think its a big thing, even an honour to play for Utd. Players that are here for the benefit of the club, for trying to win trophies, not just a big fat paycheque and everything else is peripheral
oh you're one of them "passion" guys huh? Fair enough, it's your right. The post I quote though,was this one where you're going on about optics, and it's the one I referred to when I said the stuff you guys care about is comical:

el3mel

It won't surprise me one bit if he ends up extending his contract. That's why he didn't refuse the contract extension yet and just leaving it on the table : he knows there's a big chance no one will actually want him so better to not throw United's offer out of the window.

Giggsyking

He should be given a deadline by feb so the club can look for replacements. If he is not decided by then, pull the offer.