Pogba

Suv666

And yes, if you want the best out of players and if you want consistent high level team performances, you need one of the best squads and one of the best manager in the world, how can fans of Manchester United even suggest otherwise?
Pogba is supposed to be the player that creates that squad. He isnt supposed to pass the buck. He should be the player who others rely on.

Pogba fans act as if the RedCafe and United fans have have it out for him and he's some sort of victim even though his agent keeps taking potshot at the club every chance he gets and Pogba himself has a stinky attitude.

If you're mediocre well that's fine we have plenty of mediocre players as well like Fred, McT etc but they don't demand insane wages nor act like they are Zidane. You dont get to act like a diva when you're shite.

Also if Pogba the world cup winner is such a talent surely teams would be lining to snatch him up?
Deal of the window that Ex-Juve and United wc winning midfield on a free.
Where are these teams? Surely if JPRouve has clocked that its the fault of the management and Pogba is the bees knees others can see that as well?

Robertd0803

I might be in the minority but Im sort of really looking forward to Pogba coming back and seeing how Ralf lines up with him in the side. My guess is McTominay holding and Pogba playing alongside Bruno.

arthurka

So we make up problems to get upset with? Because realistically the club shouldn't make any definitive statement in November/early December when there is little chance that they have a clear idea about who is going to be available this summer and willing to come. You essentially have a problem with the club not shooting in his own foot.
So you think if the plan was all along to get Ralf to be here long term instead of some advisory role the club shouldn't have announced it? Instead of some crap interim manager story? Ok fine. I think it would be better for all that are involved from the players to the fans but ok that's just my take on it. But to get back in topic I hope he does then show us some real manager credentials and helps us continue without Pogba.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Pogba is supposed to be the player that creates that squad. He isnt supposed to pass the buck. He should be the player who others rely on.

Pogba fans act as if the RedCafe and United fans have have it out for him and he's some sort of victim even though his agent keeps taking potshot at the club every chance he gets and Pogba himself has a stinky attitude.

If you're mediocre well that's fine we have plenty of mediocre players as well like Fred, McT etc but they don't demand insane wages nor act like they are Zidane. You dont get to act like a diva when you're shite.

Also if Pogba the world cup winner is such a talent surely teams would be lining to snatch him up?
Where are these teams? Surely if JPRouve has clocked that its the fault of the management and Pogba is the bees knees others can see that as well?
He isn't and the fact that in 2022 you keep saying something like that is amazing. Pogba has never been that kind of player, he wasn't when we purchased him and he never had the characteristic to be that kind of player. You also don't know what Pogba wants, I mean maybe you do, but I don't. I know that his current wage is far from the top and not that close to what someone like Zidane would have earned in 2022.

As for your last point, maybe I'm crazy but aren't we all in agreement with the idea that our squad has mainly been subpar and full of deadwoods? Haven't we all been in agreement that the management of this club has been subpar? Or does it all disappear when we talk about Pogba?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I like McTom but he's incapable of being a holding player.
It'll limit us and himself in that role. He's a more effective b2b midfielder.

Smores

I might be in the minority but Im sort of really looking forward to Pogba coming back and seeing how Ralf lines up with him in the side. My guess is McTominay holding and Pogba playing alongside Bruno.
I think most are to be honest through pure curiosity. Unless he transforms I'll be happy that Pogba is going but who knows maybe Ralf will finally find a system for Pogba where all his weaknesses go away.

Also it amuses me that we still have posters who don't know better than to argue with French posters about French players. Don't waste your time.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The Sun.. lets just ignore it and see it ourselves. No need to trust that garbage paper.

redmanx

Well said. Ive never rated Pogba as highly as so many, Pogba himself included, do. I was excited when he signed for us as he was clearly a very talented player, but only very, very rarely has he showed how good he was, or could be; most of the time he was OK at best, but all too often he has been mediocre. Was he ever really committed to Manchester United? I doubt it, I think he liked the idea of being the most expensive player ever, at that time, far more than actually playing. He could have been one of our greatest ever players, even though he never played in a great team; great players make great teams but Pogba was never really interested in "The Team."

Crick

6 months until the end of this. Can't wait. I wish him luck and thanks for a few good memories but lets move on now.

JPRouve

Scout
So you think if the plan was all along to get Ralf to be here long term instead of some advisory role the club shouldn't have announced it? Instead of some crap interim manager story? Ok fine. I think it would be better for all that are involved from the players to the fans but ok that's just my take on it. But to get back in topic I hope he does then show us some real manager credentials and helps us continue without Pogba.
I don't think I understand your first two questions. I'm saying that what you are suggestion is essentially putting yourself in a corner for no good reason. There is no practical reason to eliminate Rangnick in early December when you don't have a clear idea about what the manager market will look like in May-June, for the board and from a public perception standpoint it's best to keep all doors open until you have a very clear image of the market.
What you are suggesting is a potential PR nightmare because you forced your own hands and if for whatever reason you find yourself in a situation where Rangnick is the best short term option, you either do follow your previous claims or pick an option that you deem inferior in order to not look foolish.

redmanx

I think most are to be honest through pure curiosity. Unless he transforms I'll be happy that Pogba is going but who knows maybe Ralf will finally find a system for Pogba where all his weaknesses go away.

Also it amuses me that we still have posters who don't know better than to argue with French posters about French players. Don't waste your time.
And how long is Ralf supposed to try different systems just to fit Pogba in? Mourinho and Ole tried and failed to find a system which best suited Pogba; both probably eventually gave up trying knowing that no matter what they came up with Pogba wouldnt like it. We should cut our financial losses and let him go asap.

izzydiggler

At this point I really don't care what he does, which is damning for someone who is touted as 'world class'.

It's been nearly 6 years of the same arguments...I'm so bored of it now.

Robertd0803

It's been nearly 6 years of the same arguments...I'm so bored of it now.
Yeah I know how you feel. Someone was trying to wind me up recently about losing Pogba and my utter indifference ruined the whole thing for them :lol:

Im going to go out on a limb here and predict Pogba will have one of the best spells of his career here with us for the next 4 or 5 months. But end up leaving anyway.

Walters_19_MuFc

Funny how some people take some of these BS quotes as gospel.

Whether he stays or goes, he's currently a United player and no doubt he'll play an important part to the rest of our season when fit.

Revaulx

If I was allowed to go on holiday every season when I was injured under a different manager, and then the new manager stopped me from doing that, I'd probably want him gone as well if I didn't give a shit about United
Really? Custis’ comment suggests the opposite: that Pogba now wants to stay because he likes tough old Ralf.

I’m sure he won’t be the only player to prefer working in a demanding, professional setup rather than a laid back, indulgent one.

I really hope we don’t give a massive pay rise and long contract to a luxury player who’s increasingly injury-prone. But I’m really not sure that the constant digs at Pogba for being lazy and unprofessional are justified.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I won't believe a word from Pogba's camp. This is to temporarily placate the club and fans to get minutes for Pogba before he leaves in summer, so his World Cup plans goes smoothly.
Exactly this.

BorisManUtd

I'm so bored of this Pogba rumours, it's basically been going on since his 2nd season at club. Even if he plays brilliantly from the next game he plays until this season ends, I'll still just hope he leaves. Too much drama that's been going on for too long.

Last edited:

Eplel

I'd be happy for him to stay in lower wages. I feel like he's missed more games than he's shown up for.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Certainly wouldn't be surprised to see him stay, as who on earth is going to offer even sillier higher wages, even without a fee to pay?

TsuWave

Buying Pogba was a mistake. We shouldn't go for Neymar, Griezmann, Pogba like players who care more about fame than football.
Ridiculous take. All three are better and more successful than 99% of people that ever played the sport professionally :lol:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Certainly wouldn't be surprised to see him stay, as who on earth is going to offer even sillier higher wages, even without a fee to pay?
PSG

Say Raiola was looking for a £40m signing on fee (instead of a transfer fee), thats £150k a week over 5 years + £300k a wages. Someone will pay it easily.

Last edited:

Hester_manc

If Pogba wants to stay it would be great, because he is so talented, though he has mostly been a disappointment so far. But I'm tired of him having to set conditions for who's going to be United's manager. If he wants to be in the club, it must be no matter which manager we get this summer, (unless of course it is directly someone he does not work with on a personal level).

BorisManUtd

Maybe I'm wrong but think there are few clubs out there who would want him: PSG, Juventus, Barca, Real. Perhaps on smaller wages but he'll have to accept that if he wants to play for a big club.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Maybe I'm wrong but think there are few clubs out there who would want him: PSG, Juventus, Barca, Real. Perhaps on smaller wages but he'll have to accept that if he wants to play for a big club.
Barcelona can barely register signings they've made, I can't see them adding someone else on 400k a week.
The others, time will tell. But he won't get the same brand exposure, which seems important to these players.

flameinthesun

Proves my point even more.
When they can be arsed they play good football but they just don't care about Barca and United. Here for the clout and the Instagram followers.
- When they can be arsed they play good football or
- When they have a good manager they play good football or
- When they have good quality teammates they play good football or
- When in the right tactics they play good football

This whole "when a player can be arsed" talk is such stupidity. Its pretty clear if good players play with good players with good tactics they play good, nothing shocking. When pogba plays with better players he plays better. For france he plays in a stronger midfield than united has ever had in his time here. For Juve the same. When he has a quality striker up top to play with he puts up assists.

If you don't like Pogba because of personal reasons thats fine do you. But to say that any of our players can't be arsed is silly. If Pogba can't be arsed then what of Mason? Rashford? De Gea? Shaw? pretty much every player at united that has been just as inconsistent as him or worse so clearly the whole team can't be arsed...

If Pogba stays and we give him a stronger midfield to work with or we sell him and buy a stronger midfield we will be better off.

If we keep pogba and expect him to solve the midfield issue on his own or we sell him but don't reinforce the midfield with quality we will suffer.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I don't like all this noise hinting at Rangnick staying longer than the interim period. Have we not learned anything with Ole ?
I think if Ole had kept up the initial higher pressing and didn’t become the players best friend he might have succeeded here. I don’t feel like Ralf will deviate from his beloved pressing for anyone. We need to be a pressing club and we need to commit to keeping up with modern developments and advantages in the game. All things Ralf will hopefully ensure. So in that regard i think we are in safer hands this time around if we do hire the intern

ROFLUTION

- When they can be arsed they play good football or
- When they have a good manager they play good football or
- When they have good quality teammates they play good football or
- When in the right tactics they play good football

This whole "when a player can be arsed" talk is such stupidity. Its pretty clear if good players play with good players with good tactics they play good, nothing shocking. When pogba plays with better players he plays better. For france he plays in a stronger midfield than united has ever had in his time here. For Juve the same. When he has a quality striker up top to play with he puts up assists.

If you don't like Pogba because of personal reasons thats fine do you. But to say that any of our players can't be arsed is silly. If Pogba can't be arsed then what of Mason? Rashford? De Gea? Shaw? pretty much every player at united that has been just as inconsistent as him or worse so clearly the whole team can't be arsed...

If Pogba stays and we give him a stronger midfield to work with or we sell him and buy a stronger midfield we will be better off.

If we keep pogba and expect him to solve the midfield issue on his own or we sell him but don't reinforce the midfield with quality we will suffer.
Or. When Paul Pogba plays a match of importance, i.e. national matches, he simply focuses more than against Southampton, Burnley, etc.

It is a mentality thing/cant be arsed thing with him, as he'd rise to the occasion more than just 1-2 times a year and play world class football. He rarely has had focus against mediocre teams and often had bad games against them. One would think it would be easier against mediocre opponents with a man of his talent.

JPRouve

Scout
I think if Ole had kept up the initial higher pressing and didn’t become the players best friend he might have succeeded here. I don’t feel like Ralf will deviate from his beloved pressing for anyone. We need to be a pressing club and we need to commit to keeping up with modern developments and advantages in the game. All things Ralf will hopefully ensure. So in that regard i think we are safer hands this time around if we do hire the intern
Do we ignore the idea that he most likely changed the approach because he run the team through the ground(By being terrible at using a full squad). Have a look at the last 10 games of the 18/19 season, we have evidence of why Ole may have changed his approach and yet we are here sharing strange ideas like him wanting to become the players best friend, it's insulting for Ole, the players and the fans intelligence.

JPRouve

Scout
Or. When Paul Pogba plays a match of importance, i.e. national matches, he simply focuses more than against Southampton, Burnley, etc.

It is a mentality thing/cant be arsed thing with him, as he'd rise to the occasion more than just 1-2 times a year and play world class football. He rarely has had focus against mediocre teams and often had bad games against them. One would think it would be easier against mediocre opponents with a man of his talent.
Not really, Pogba is inconsistent with France andhe was inconsistent with Juventus. It's simply that France(since 2016) and Juventus don't expose his flaws and don't base the midfield on him.

MacarisSocks

I'd withdraw the 400k a week contract offer and bang him in the reserves (On the bench) until the end of the season.

See then if any other club will offer him 500k a week?

flameinthesun

Not really, Pogba is inconsistent with France andhe was inconsistent with Juventus. It's simply that France(since 2016) and Juventus don't expose his flaws and don't base the midfield on him.
Yup, even at Juve he was inconsistent. I think with Pogba (and I think this applies to a lot of players) there are scenarios in which they play well and scenarios in which they could struggle to have an impact and its a coach/managers job to create the ideal tactical scenario to bring out the positive in a player. So with Pogba you really want the midfield around him to not only protect him a bit but also drag some of the opposition midfield away to give a little bit of space to look for the key pass. More importantly you want to create as many scenarios as possible where the forwards are making runs into spaces that pogba can pass into. Now Pogba definitely has an issue with trying to dribble too much in midfield but thats just a trait you either accept or don't as a coach.