Pogba

Castia

Yeah right. Barely seen the manager since he’s been here, I think Pogba has done a weeks worth of training

Really interested to see how he does in the 433 system we’ve played lately though, hopefully between now and the summer he can help us get 4th

crossy1686

career ending
Yeah right. Barely seen the manager since he’s been here, I think Pogba has done a weeks worth of training
If I was allowed to go on holiday every season when I was injured under a different manager, and then the new manager stopped me from doing that, I'd probably want him gone as well if I didn't give a shit about United

arthurka

I don't like all this noise hinting at Rangnick staying longer than the interim period. Have we not learned anything with Ole ?
The difference is that Ralf might actually know what he has doing. There is a bloke that I know who worked in Germany for a long time who knows Ralf quite well, this guy just told me to give this time. Ralf doesn't take shit from anyone and has everything methodically prepared and planned. That might actually be exactly what we need at the moment. I at least am prepared to give him time with this mess we are in.

Ralf clearly said that Pogba would have to prove his worth to earn a new contract. His exact words were ‘Pogba wants to impress the board’. That implies that Pogba doesn’t automatically have a contract offer on the table (atleast not a contract offer which is financially acceptable to him). It’s all posturing from both sides though, we know nobody wants to pay Pogba what he wants and our board don’t want to lose him for nothing either.

Greck

Are you implying you'd like him to stay? Please Lord give me strength.
There's nothing wrong with that. He isn't actually horrible. On his bad day we still get a minimum level of creativity through the middle. DDG is the only player who has any claims on consistency in the squad. Every single one was a debut season wonder or has only clocked up a couple months of good performances. Pogba is unlikable to many so it seems to really stick out. If RR says he should stay I'd back it.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The difference is that Ralf might actually know what he has doing. There is a bloke that I know who worked in Germany for a long time who knows Ralf quite well, this guy just told me to give this time. Ralf doesn't take shit from anyone and has everything methodically prepared and planned. That might actually be exactly what we need at the moment. I at least am prepared to give him time with this mess we are in.
That's not a direct comparison between Ole and Ralf but I don't get the club's communication. If Ralf was meant to stay longer then why all this bs about him staying short term then moving up in the hierarchy ? I'm afraid the fans might just being played for fools

arthurka

That's not a direct comparison between Ole and Ralf but I don't get the club's communication. If Ralf was meant to stay longer then why all this bs about him staying short term then moving up in the hierarchy ? I'm afraid the fans might just being played for fools
Yes I agree with that. Just come out from the start and say that he is here for short term with the possibility of a long term tenure.

Suv666

Buying Pogba was a mistake. We shouldn't go for Neymar, Griezmann, Pogba like players who care more about fame than football.

Kajus

There's probably no truth in this but isn't this essentially what happened when Mourinho was sacked? If he has made this demand, and that's a big if, he shouldn't play for the club again.
I think you misread the tweet mate, he wants Rangnick to stay. It’s the opposite of what happened when Mourinho got sacked.

Should get rid regardless though. This just means that no other team is insane enough to meet his demands.

wolvored

I see many saying Sancho is on 350k, that would've been done under Murtough no? Seems like we're still doing the same mistakes. How can you refuse Rashford 350k if Sancho is on that if true, both not worth that and really need to work up to that level.
Think woodward still pulling strings this season start, so that would be on him. In fact Woodward doesn't leave until next Tuesday, so technically still in charge now.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Knew this was likely PSG as soon as Pogba was running his contract down.

Lingard is doing the same going to some weaker team for high contracts.

F*ck Raiola players.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yes I agree with that. Just come out from the start and say that he is here for short term with the possibility of a long term tenure.
I don't precisely remember the timeline but isn't that what was hinted around the time Rangnick was appointed, including his initial press conference?

Buying Pogba was a mistake. We shouldn't go for Neymar, Griezmann, Pogba like players who care more about fame than football.
That is why we bought Pogba though. We even made a pitch to him about how we could increase his social media popularity and stardom. We actively look for players like Ronaldo for marketing reasons. I totally agree with you though mate. The sooner that we become a football club again, the better.

sparx99

That is why we bought Pogba though. We even made a pitch to him about how we could increase his social media popularity and stardom. We actively look for players like Ronaldo for marketing reasons. I totally agree with you though mate. The sooner that we become a football club again, the better.
I find it hard to see how we contain that now though. We can make any player in world football a marketing star so it doesn’t matter who we sign. The club are always going to maximise marketing whoever plays for us.

mctrials23

Yeah, I can't believe that already have Cavani we thought "do you know what would make us loads better and help our young players develop? Ronaldo" . It was a marketing and fan placation stunt.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Is this the same Pogba and Griezmann who won the World Cup or are we talking about someone else here?

Care more about fame do they? hmmmm I'm not so sure.

Give me a break, the ridiculous moral grandstanding on this forum is a joke.

ICHM

We should only re-sign Pogba (for less money) if he gets rid of the poison Raiola and we never buy another player with Raiola as their account manager. Raiola players always turn out unsettled and very expensive.

JPRouve

Scout
No that is what we had problem with.
So we make up problems to get upset with? Because realistically the club shouldn't make any definitive statement in November/early December when there is little chance that they have a clear idea about who is going to be available this summer and willing to come. You essentially have a problem with the club not shooting in his own foot.

JPRouve

Scout
Is this the same Pogba and Griezmann who won the World Cup or are we talking about someone else here?

Seriously. If you know nothing about Football you would think that these players didn't win anything and didn't compete at the highest level for the vast majority of their careers. That's pure tomfoolery.

Infra-red

I don't like all this noise hinting at Rangnick staying longer than the interim period. Have we not learned anything with Ole ?
Maybe we're keen on Enrique/Mancini - that would mean Ralf having to stick around until at least December.

Re Pogba - I can't believe that the same player has been allowed to leave the same club on a free transfer, twice! We really should have got rid of him a couple of years ago - he's been a complete waste of space since 2019.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Probably because there's no club out there crazy enough to want pay him and his agent what he wants.

Which is a surprise. I'd thought PSG would be all over that. Marketing wise, it makes sense for them to have Pogba at their club.

Suv666

Proves my point even more.
When they can be arsed they play good football but they just don't care about Barca and United. Here for the clout and the Instagram followers.

JPRouve

Scout
Proves my point even more.
When they can be arsed they play good football but they just don't care about Barca and United. Here for the clout and the Instagram followers.
So no matter what your point is proved? At no point you consider that Football is a team sport and that players play better when they are surrounded with better players, better coaching and an environment that fit them?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Will be interesting to see him with Bruno properly alongside him rather than in front. Still don't think it will work mind but would be great if it did.

diarm

I'm all for him staying on, if it's on a reasonable wage. Sign a 4 year deal on 200k a week and I'd be delighted, because it would show a cracking footballer is committed to being here for the right reasons.

But not if he's only staying because we're the only mugs in football who were willing to give him 3 or 400k a week.

Suv666

So no matter what your point is proved? At no point you consider that Football is a team sport and that players play better when they are surrounded with better players, better coaching and an environment that fit them?
So Pogba can only perform surrounded with one of the best squads in the world like France has? Doesn't sound like a good player to me if he needs to have gold around him to play decent.

Pogba has had different managers with different management styles whom have tried to play him at different positions. He's been mediocre everywhere.

Besides what's the excuses for the individual errors he makes? Surely the players around him aren't responsible for the times he tries to dribble 3 players in his own half that leads to a shot at goal for the opposition?

The Pogba cult is just as annoying as the Martial FC cult. Its the fault of everyone else but the player. Can't accept the fact that both lack drive, ambition and a work ethic.

lsd

The Oracle

Oh come on now so they won a World Cup and have proven themselves over and over again on the big stage.

They don't have that good old British bulldog spirit like Maguire and Kane do they? That's what we need at United

JPRouve

Scout
So Pogba can only perform surrounded with one of the best squads in the world like France has? Doesn't sound like a good player to me if he needs to have gold around him to play decent.

Pogba has had different managers with different management styles whom have tried to play him at different positions. He's been mediocre everywhere.

Besides what's the excuses for the individual errors he makes? Surely the players around him aren't responsible for the times he tries to dribble 3 players in his own half that leads to a shot at goal for the opposition?

The Pogba cult is just as annoying as the Martial FC cult. Its the fault of everyone else but the player. Can't accept the fact that both lack drive, ambition and a work ethic.
It's amazing that you try to play some sort of cult angle when you spout hyperbolic nonsense. The amazing part is that the player that you describe as mediocre has generally been considered by redcafe as our best performer during his time at the club which is supported by the MOTM stats. That reality should tell you something about his surrounding. And yes, if you want the best out of players and if you want consistent high level team performances, you need one of the best squads and one of the best manager in the world, how can fans of Manchester United even suggest otherwise?

I can understand people being disappointed with Pogba or any other player but I can't understand frankley stupid takes like yours because I'm pretty sure that the players you use as a references aren't playing with subpar teammates or managers.

crossy1686

career ending
I think you misread the tweet mate, he wants Rangnick to stay. It’s the opposite of what happened when Mourinho got sacked.

Should get rid regardless though. This just means that no other team is insane enough to meet his demands.
Ah you’re right, I did. Read it first thing after waking up. Agree though, he should be off after the last few years of what’s been going on.