Pogba

Newtonius

Being honest would really sad to see him go feel like he hasn't had the circumstances to really thrive having been mismanaged under Mourinho and Ole. Can still remember him carrying the team and basically getting Ole the job in a 4-3-3, and when given it full time was punted back to DM so Pereira and Lingard could move to number 10.

But then saying that who knows if he would work in this new setup either, on paper could be pretty interesting playing next to Bruno or Sancho at number 10. Imagine a team with Bruno, VDB, Sancho, Pogba, Ronaldo and Rashford occupying those 6 front slots and it all coming together? With two full backs pushed high up? I really liked one of RR's comments about football being about entertainment too and whatever happened that team would certainly be entertaining.

Judas

Open to offers
It would have made perfect sense if we'd sold him for a fee but it's what its.
Wish him the best if indeed we are parting ways, hopefully we build our team with good functional players.
Pretty hard to sell a player for a fee when no one is ever willing to put in a bid worth considering to be fair. It's not as if we've been batting away great offers for years. No one ever seemed to want to put the money up to buy him for the price we deemed he was worth.

Daengophile

The January transfer window is rapidly approaching.

Maybe Rangnick can get a tune out of Pogba

Meanwhile, his injury will keep him unavailable possibly until February

And I'm not sure that any club will be up for paying what he thinks he's worth

How will it end?

city-puma

When is Tielemans available?
I have no clue why Tielemans are rated so high here to be a useful addition to our midfield. He needs some physical monster to partner to perform. We have too many soft midfielders already.

Mylock

United should withdraw the contract offer based on pogba's form and injury record since he joined. On his day a fantastic player to watch, highly-skilled, capable of magic. But alas, these days a few and far between.
We have to get away from signing the pogba type of players who rely only on the hype, not the reality.

wolvored

United should withdraw the contract offer based on pogba's form and injury record since he joined. On his day a fantastic player to watch, highly-skilled, capable of magic. But alas, these days a few and far between.
We have to get away from signing the pogba type of players who rely only on the hype, not the reality.
Well said. I don't like the fact we are dancing to his tune of if he can't get more than he is offered here then he will sign up. There should have been a time limit of say 3 months to decide, more than enough time to say yay or nay he wants to play for the club, not the money. We should learn the Sanchez lesson and have players that want to play, not here to chase an ever increasing payday.

Classical Mechanic

It is not a good statistic on its own at all, it could mean many things, good or bad.
Indeed. Thiago at Liverpool and Kovacic at Chelsea have played 507 and 705 minutes respectively in the PL this season. Pogba has only played 634 minutes so all in it's hard to really deduce anything from that set of numbers. In those 3 cases you're looking at a limited dataset. Shelvey's minutes stand at 551. I wonder how many more players on there have played so few minutes.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I have no clue why Tielemans are rated so high here to be a useful addition to our midfield. He needs some physical monster to partner to perform. We have too many soft midfielders already.
He has become immensely overrated around here

Hammondo

Indeed. Thiago at Liverpool and Kovacic at Chelsea have played 507 and 705 minutes respectively in the PL this season. Pogba has only played 634 minutes so all in it's hard to really deduce anything from that set of numbers. In those 3 cases you're looking at a limited dataset. Shelvey's minutes stand at 551. I wonder how many more players on there have played so few minutes.
Not only that, the data is just showing the percentage of forward passes that are made by 1 person.

If 1 person is making a high percentage of the forward passes then that can easily be a negative on the team. It COULD show that we become 1 dimensional and less flexible with him. It is not reflecting on how we pass without him. Nevermind all the other statistics and things to look at, we don't even know how useful these passes are.

Classical Mechanic

Not only that, the data is just showing the percentage of forward passes that are made by 1 person.

If 1 person is making a high percentage of the forward passes then that can easily be a negative on the team. It COULD show that we become 1 dimensional and less flexible with him. It is not reflecting on how we pass without him. Nevermind all the other statistics and things to look at, we don't even know how useful these passes are.
I don't doubt it. If anything, just going from that chart, the best sides are not relying one player to 'conduct'.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
The January transfer window is rapidly approaching.

Maybe Rangnick can get a tune out of Pogba

Meanwhile, his injury will keep him unavailable possibly until February

And I'm not sure that any club will be up for paying what he thinks he's worth

How will it end?
Maybe we will offer him 300k or something to stay, and he will turn us down and go to Real Madrid or PSG for free.

MattofManchester

So, according to Raiola, we've offered a contract.
It seems Pogba and his agent are playing their cards and we're falling with it.

If no club comes in, he's gonna sign. If Madrid or Juve come calling he'll go.

Can't we just issue a feck you and pull the contract?

It's a statement that implies we're last on the list of choices.

Why are we trying to keep him then??

Sviken

This is incredibly stupid if true. Pogba doesn't deserve a new contract, even a 100-150k per week one. Unless we can use that contract in order to sell him somewhere in the summer, this is utterly useless. I hoped that the club has finally learned from its past mistakes...

Cantonagotmehere

It seems Pogba and his agent are playing their cards and we're falling with it.

If no club comes in, he's gonna sign. If Madrid or Juve come calling he'll go.

Can't we just issue a feck you and pull the contract?

It's a statement that implies we're last on the list of choices.

Why are we trying to keep him then??
The answer is yes, they can pull the contract. Hopefully they do, unless it is a reasonable wage offer.

Redlyn

Johnjo feckin shelvey is top of the list. What does that tell us ?

Tells us nothing of interest.

Just the best at progressive passing in his team and how much his team relied on him for that in the games he featured in.

The United

Thought we have offered a contract for ages and left it there.

The club probably according to Raiola stopped pressing them to sign. Having him is better for option than not having him unless his big contract restricts us to find more suitable players in the market.

largelyworried

Honestly, I think we should be pulling that contract back off the table at this point. Pogba really has few options to go for this summer. Real have supposedly ruled themselves out. Juve might not even make the CL and who knows where the latest scandal will take them. PSG remains a destination, but does he really want to play in France? The PL is looking the strongest league at the moment by a long way. It wouldn't surprise me if he tried to take up the contract option with us for no other reason than having no realistic alternatives. Which is a shit reason to sign.

Thankfully the new manager seems to be taking a stronger line. Ole was foolish for indulging him like he did.

goodman organelles

Who’s the highest earner? Ronaldo or De Gea?
I guess he would want to be on their wages. Doesn’t deserve it but he can also point out to the high wages De Gea is on and Sanchez was on while both being pretty awful.
Think it’s best for all concerned to move on at this point.

saivet

I guess he would want to be on their wages. Doesn’t deserve it but he can also point out to the high wages De Gea is on and Sanchez was on while both being pretty awful.
Ronaldo is by some distance. I believe the offer on the table is in the De Gea bracket, rather than Ronaldo. There's no way the club would match his wages with Ronaldo

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Rudiger is linked with £400k a week moves on a free this summer. Raiola will be asking more than that.

RuudTom83

I don't have anything against Paul, but a club like United shouldn't be played by him and his agent like this.

Any player in the last year of a contract (and has an offer form the club) should either sign or not play. Its crazy its been allowed to drag on so long like this.

Lee565

Common sense by RR, players shouldn't be going halfway across the world to heal their injuries, the club has been treated too much like a holiday camp under ole

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Hopefully signs the contract and becomes the main stay of the team just to annoy the hell out of the posters on here who want him away.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
not for the joy and pride of us winning trophies?
Nah.
The hate posters show on here for players that have been under coached or been playing under negative managers is ridiculous.

Pogba deserves to be given a chance to see what he can do under RR, I bet he passes (pardon the pun) that test with flying colours

Reactions: Fortitude

Corridor of Uncertainty

Nah.
The hate posters show on here for players that have been under coached or been playing under negative managers is ridiculous.

Pogba deserves to be given a chance to see what he can do under RR, I bet he passes (pardon the pun) that test with flying colours
And if he flatters to deceive again? I suppose it's because his style isn't compatible with RR and he'll surely flourish under the next manager. Rinse, repeat.