Pogba's Return Role

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
No.10?
Winger?
Deep lying playmakerish position ala France?
Box to Box?
Left midfielder in a 3 ala Juventus?
CDM as we haven't signed anyone?
False 9?

Regardless of choice we really need him. Any kind of good form from him and we can grab top 4 and are a darkhorse in Champions League and FA Cup.

Regardless of your opinion of him he is so good that he can turn our season around if he is motivated and if management can replicate his France role.

France builds the team around him properly, can we?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If we were still playing 4222 this would be interesting. But it will be the same hassle as before in terms of fitting him into the team with Bruno without compromising midfield. Maybe Rangnick can develop Bruno into a deep-lying playmaker, but I just can't imagine he'd go into major games without Fred and McTominay.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
We've been playing a 4-3-3 lately and it's led to better performances on the whole. He'll play alongside Bruno in the midfield. By the way things have gone Fred is the one that is most likely to be benched and McTominay will be the deepest midfielder.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
We've been playing a 4-3-3 lately and it's led to better performances on the whole. He'll play alongside Bruno in the midfield. By the way things have gone Fred is the one that is most likely to be benched and McTominay will be the deepest midfielder.
Doubt it. Who will press or win the ball back? McT wont be as good as Fred for that role.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I think that will happen too. But not ideal.

Scott can't screen and Pogba and Bruno are way too attacking minded.

Infra-red

He'll probably get a few games playing as one of the two deeper midfield players behind Bruno. I can't see Rangnick worrying too much about adjusting the side to fit him in, given that he's leaving the club in four months.

Greck

Rangnick has actually shown no problem with loading attack minded players into his team. Good attack minded managers just expect to have enough of the ball that it won't matter enough to hurt us without. Pogba and Bruno however can't defend lazily, under SAF even Rooney was expected to put in a shift. I don't expect to see anyone given a pass.

CloneMC16

I think he will try Pogba and Bruno as #8's. They will have to be far more defensively aware than they were under Ole. Asking McT to hold the midfield alone will not work. If that doesn't work, I think he will try Pogba on the left. Sancho or Rashford on the right. Pogba was very good for us on the left last season. He could do a similar job this season.

I pray that we never see the light of 4-2-2-2 again. I think Pogba would do well in the formation, but it doesn't work for our team as a whole. No elite team is playing it.

Tallis

Typical expectation from Pogba

“We really need him” “he will do [ ] this for us” “Which position”

Reality from Pogba

“Recovery in Dubai” “Left for free to Juve”

It’s one of the miracles of the modern world that anyone has any Expectations from his Utd career at this stage. I would rather give Mejbri a run and see what happens

glaspalast

Supports
Crystal Palace
Waste paper basket?
Coat rack?
Surgical practice cadaver?

joedirt87

can't wait to see Ralf's reaction to the first time he plays a midfield 3 of Fred/McTominay, Pogba, Bruno and he sees how much they abandon the DM in midfield.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I thought some of his best performances came from the left. Considering none of the others who play there are consistently delivering, I'd like to see him there.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
We haven't tried him at right back yet.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Either as a roaming player behind the attack/ahead of the midfield or as just part of the midfield 3. I don't think it can work with Bruno, but anyway we'll see. Rangnick or no Rangnick doesn't change the compatibility issues they have on the pitch.

James Peril

Play him on the left and with little defensive tasks, he will create tons of goals if happy. Rashford is abysmal, Greedwood is gone, Martial is gone, Sancho is pretty terrible so far… it’s not like there is competition. Come to think about it, our attack is so bad these days I am surprised Lingard isn’t playing more.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
France doesn't build the team around him.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Unless Bruno misses some games, God Forbid, I can't see him play as a left center midfielder, so he will probably play alongside MCT or Fred in a box to box role.
Until he recovers, gets back to form and has any desire to work, the season will end and his contract will expire, but it's good to have another option in midfield nevertheless.

allen7

I want to see him in the midfield 3 behind sancho. Likewise bruno behind elanga.

ericthered76

Is kicking more funk than a shaolin monk, forcing
No.10?
Winger?
Deep lying playmakerish position ala France?
Box to Box?
Left midfielder in a 3 ala Juventus?
CDM as we haven't signed anyone?
False 9?

Regardless of choice we really need him. Any kind of good form from him and we can grab top 4 and are a darkhorse in Champions League and FA Cup.

Regardless of your opinion of him he is so good that he can turn our season around if he is motivated and if management can replicate his France role.

France builds the team around him properly, can we?

On the left side of any formation vs teams that sit in against us home or away.

Dropped when playing teams who come at us home or away and replaced with Rashford.

Also dropped as standard when he sports blue hair as it does not get much worse than having the colours of City or France in football terms.

Aside from Germany and LFC. Bin dipping freaks.

Disclaimer. German people are generally nice in my experience but their national team is made of nightmares.

Threesus

Hope he can enjoy these last months he is going to be here.

Man I was so hyped when the video with stormzy dropped... We have wasted his time and ours.

I am wondering if we will ever get out of this rut of constantly rebuilding with nothing to show for it. Is this how it was post busby?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Think Ralf will stick with 433 so I'll go with the 8.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Funny when people says we have a poor midfield, yet we have one of the best midfielder in football in this team. Can't wait for pogba to return and hopefully Ralf utilizes him properly, preferably as a 8. His return will be the best signing,, but to get the best out of him, we need a dm in the mold of Verratti behind him or play him as a 10 with Mc | Fred and rice behind him.

Chief123

Haven’t got a scooby doo anymore! Don’t know what the feck is going on at our club. I fully expect Pogba to get arrested and locked up for 3 years for having an outrageous hair style.

nainaisson

If Ralf manages to turn him into an 8 or 6 that isn't a huge defensive liability, he deserves the job. I don't see it happening. If I were him, I'd play him in the front three, where he thrived at the end of last season.