Gaming Pokémon Strumfest

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
The app to link Pokemon between games looks cool, glad I’ll be able to bring my Lets Go shines across. Being able to trade via app will be great too.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
That doesn’t surprise me, they have history in not trading back to older games.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Now that I think of it, the Let's Go series was really bad. I hope Pokemon Sword and Shield have a bit more content. I'd absolutely love to play a game from Kanto through to Hoenn.

Havak

Pokemon master
Hahaha the chase is brutal, especially in this set as it’s so huge. There’s 119 cards that could be in that single rare slot in the pack!
My friend bought his girlfriend a single pack the other day and she got that Rainbow Reshiram/Charizard :lol:

Another friend has opened three full booster boxes and zip.

I'm starting a business with a few friends soon, selling booster boxes/packs/single cards. Not sure we'll be able to match the likes of Chaos Cards on booster Boxes but hopefully we can offer good prices on the Singles. Will post a link here once we're fully functional if that's cool?

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
My friend bought his girlfriend a single pack the other day and she got that Rainbow Reshiram/Charizard :lol:

Another friend has opened three full booster boxes and zip.

I'm starting a business with a few friends soon, selling booster boxes/packs/single cards. Not sure we'll be able to match the likes of Chaos Cards on booster Boxes but hopefully we can offer good prices on the Singles. Will post a link here once we're fully functional if that's cool?
Damn bet he regrets giving her that pack :lol:

Yeah by all means, I’ll probably check it out for singles so let us know

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Ahhh, didn't even consider that. :lol:

I think I went past 70 caught just to get an Oddish with decent IV's and Nature. Which was pointless anyway because of those god candies.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Ahhh, didn't even consider that. :lol:

I think I went past 70 caught just to get an Oddish with decent IV's and Nature. Which was pointless anyway because of those god candies.
Haha the candies are ridiculous to be fair.

Just caught another 2 shiny ponyta in 15 minutes, it’s a bit too easy to be honest!

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Haha the candies are ridiculous to be fair.

Just caught another 2 shiny ponyta in 15 minutes, it’s a bit too easy to be honest!
I presume any pokemon traded over through home will have those candies cancelled, hopefully at least. That way you could use Lets Go to IV hunt for Sword/Shield.

Jesus, you could start looking for the perfect shiny at that rate. :lol:

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I presume any pokemon traded over through home will have those candies cancelled, hopefully at least. That way you could use Lets Go to IV hunt for Sword/Shield.

Jesus, you could start looking for the perfect shiny at that rate. :lol:
I’m guessing they’ll be cancelled otherwise it’s way too easy, although I suppose it’s only the original 150 and I’m not sure these days how many of those are actually competitive?

Yeah it’s mad, although I’m looking forward to getting back to breeding for a specific one

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I’m guessing they’ll be cancelled otherwise it’s way too easy, although I suppose it’s only the original 150 and I’m not sure these days how many of those are actually competitive?

Yeah it’s mad, although I’m looking forward to getting back to breeding for a specific one
By time the new ones are out, probably just Mewtwo. Feckin' powercreep.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
You just know the geezer in the end isn't doing much actual work what with him only having a tablet on his desk.

What we know so far:
- There'll be gyms and a champion like you'd expect.
- New dynamax thing that let's you blow up someone for a few rounds (3?).
- Dynamax is also used in raids where four players team up to take down a big feck off pokémon.
- There's a sheep, a flower and a raven in armor.
- It's a kind of British setting (see the sheep)
- Two legendaries (sword and shield type things), suggestion of a third. (One of the golems was there as well, I guess)
- They've come up with the hugely creative name "The Wild Area" which is where you meet others and catch pokémon etc. It was a bit unclear whether this name refers to every area between cities or is some specific place.
- Out the 15th of November.

I would have liked to know more about the general PvE gameplay. How it works compared to the old games and Let's Go. I like the art style so far. It'll be interesting to see how large they make the map.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
You just know the geezer in the end isn't doing much actual work what with him only having a tablet on his desk.

What we know so far:
- There'll be gyms and a champion like you'd expect.
- New dynamax thing that let's you blow up someone for a few rounds (3?).
- Dynamax is also used in raids where four players team up to take down a big feck off pokémon.
- There's a sheep, a flower and a raven in armor.
- It's a kind of British setting (see the sheep)
- Two legendaries (sword and shield type things), suggestion of a third. (One of the golems was there as well, I guess)
- They've come up with the hugely creative name "The Wild Area" which is where you meet others and catch pokémon etc. It was a bit unclear whether this name refers to every area between cities or is some specific place.
- Out the 15th of November.

I would have liked to know more about the general PvE gameplay. How it works compared to the old games and Let's Go. I like the art style so far. It'll be interesting to see how large they make the map.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
  • Gyms being stadia = eh, unless there's puzzles before you face the leader.
  • Not a massive fan of the legendaries - the sword one is literally a dog with a sword in its mouth. Great names though.
  • Dynamaxing is the gimmick replacing Z-moves/mega evolution. Not a fan to be honest. Nice to see some multiplayer gameplay, and they've basically brought in raids from Pokemon Go. I don't have a switch but players communicating is probably going to be an issue. However, knowing pokemon, the battles won't be that hard for it to be too much of a problem.
  • Wild area seems awesome and looks like a step towards open world gameplay.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
  • Gyms being stadia = eh, unless there's puzzles before you face the leader.
  • Not a massive fan of the legendaries - the sword one is literally a dog with a sword in its mouth. Great names though.
  • Dynamaxing is the gimmick replacing Z-moves/mega evolution. Not a fan to be honest. Nice to see some multiplayer gameplay, and they've basically brought in raids from Pokemon Go. I don't have a switch but players communicating is probably going to be an issue. However, knowing pokemon, the battles won't be that hard for it to be too much of a problem.
  • Wild area seems awesome and looks like a step towards open world gameplay.
Yeah I thought exactly the same regarding the legendaries.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I’ve booked the week off work and I’m gonna rinse it

I’ve got nothing else to use holiday on this year