[Poll Added] Hypothetical: Next manager after Jose Mourinho

Who would be your current choice for next manager after Jose Mourinho?

• Total voters

Paddy@DarkChild

Sarri or Marcos Silva for me. Silva appeals to me more for his age. Both of these managers have their teams playing very nice football. Silva has watford punching way above their weight. I am not looking for Mourinho to leave but I wouldn't mind it either...

moonunderthewater

The bookies favourites currently are:

Pochettino 3/1
Ancelotti 8/1
Someone 8/1
Allegri 8/1
Low 8/1
Tuchel 10/1
Looking at those odds and knowing bookies, (having lost a pound or two to them), it would appear to me that Jose is going nowhere anytime soon. Another case of sensational ism by journalist's. Saw him watching Swe v Ita last night, Lindelof and Darmian had fairly solid games imo

RooneyLegend

Why is Sarri constantly being mentioned? Might as well mention Splaetti whilst we at it.

27 years as a manager and no trophy to show for it. If he was great as you guy say he was why has he not been given a top job way before Napoli as there is always a revolving door of managers at the top Italian clubs.

Some people are really confused. These people laugh at Liverpool for winning nothing yet playing better football than us. Now would prefer us to hire managers who hasn’t won anything just so we can play nice football. So what do people exactly want?
He's only managed in Serie A for 4 years, 1 year at Empoli and is now in his 3rd at Napoli, where or when was he supposed to win trophies? He had to really start from the bottom as he has no pro football playing resume or even worked at a big club. The improvements Napoli have made since replacing Benitez with him have been vast enough to see that he's a hell of a coach.

wolvored

How about Howe? Young British (not that that really matters) knows the premier league. Plays entertaining football brings the youth through and with a bigger warchest who knows how far he could go. If succesful he would probably be content to stay many years.

It's between Jardim, Sarri and Poch for me. Jardim, who looked brilliant with Monaco winning the league ahead of PSG and making the SF of the CL. Sarri, who's Napoli team play incredible football, and also turned Dries Mertens into a top class striker. And MoPo, who has transformed Spurs into a genuine big side in England and Europe, while playing great football with defensive solidity. Also is great with developing young English talent.

All three are great at developing youth and play brilliant football. For me is has to be Poch, because of his experience in England already.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
How about Howe? Young British (not that that really matters) knows the premier league. Plays entertaining football brings the youth through and with a bigger warchest who knows how far he could go. If succesful he would probably be content to stay many years.
Nah, he's done a good job but doing a good job doesn't, and shouldn't, get you the United job.

I'd love to see Poch, think he's done a great job at Spurs so far and at Southampton before that. Love the way they play and I'd love to see @GlastonSpur's reaction if he did leave Spurs for us.

That said, he's clearly destined to end up at Barcelona down the line.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Nah, he's done a good job but doing a good job doesn't, and shouldn't, get you the United job.

I'd love to see Poch, think he's done a great job at Spurs so far and at Southampton before that. Love the way they play and I'd love to see @GlastonSpur's reaction if he did leave Spurs for us.

That said, he's clearly destined to end up at Barcelona down the line.
I think Pochettino is an excellent coach but i don't see him managing Barcelona due to his Espanol past. He has said as much too. I think United would be wise to consider him in the future if he can win some silverware with Spurs. I wouldn't mind seeing Tuchel have another crack at managing a big club again in the future.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Oh yeah, I can imagine Caf ~2019 and threads 'Poch's away top 6 results - why are they so shit?'.

Jardim for me, Sarri's worth a shout due to his job at Napoli. I don't see Poch leaving Spurs to other PL rival.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I think Pochettino is an excellent coach but i don't see him managing Barcelona due to his Espanol past. He has said as much too. I think United would be wise to consider him in the future if he can win some silverware with Spurs. I wouldn't mind seeing Tuchel have another crack at managing a big club again in the future.
Ah I think you're right, I think I was getting mixed up with Koeman.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
The problem i see with the choice of United managers post SAF's era is that there are no grand scheme or plan. Just trying to find the right guy who can win things instantly. Moyes was a mistake, LVG had his version of possesion footbal that is not suitable to United, Mourinho is not suitable too because of his pragmatic mindset. The most mentioned names here should have been considered after LVG's tenure end because they play proactive football. If United hire Sarri after Mourinho everything must start at 0 again. So if there is a logical progression..Diego Simeone is the only alternative to Mou..

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Jardim because he was a defensive minded coach who learned how to set his team offensively when he realised that he didn't had adequate defensive personnel.

Revan

Assumptionman
Jardim is essentially a better version of Pochetino and has proven that he can win trophies and defeat better teams, while also bringing young players. My current choice.

AXVnee7

The importance of Poch winning a trophy is being a bit overstated IMHO. More important is the work he does on a weekly basis. It's not as if he wins an FA cup or League Cup and then becomes United material overnight. It's whether he can show a consistent winning mentality that should count. The League would be different a great example of this, as you have to maintain a certain standard over the course of a season to win the league, whereas you can get a lucky run in the cup.

Obviously Spurs have come "close" to winning silverware in the past couple of seasons, both league and cups. However whilst I do think they bottled it, I doubt that Chelsea would ever have crumbled under the pressure even if Spurs had applied the utmost pressure. They just don't have the same quality as the top teams. Poch isn't ready for a step up yet, but should the time could when we look at him, I'd be looking at whether Spurs are still competing seriously with the big boys, and the lack of silverware wouldn't necessarily be discouraging.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It's all too cosy at United, so I reckon nice guy Carlo will get the gig.

Andersons Dietician

Was just watching this thing on Sky, premier league masterclass and Poch was on it and no doubt in my mind he is the man we should be getting next. Would he leave Spurs at this moment in time I have my doubts but just listening to how he speaks he gets it, he understands what this club and football is about.
Even funnier he was critical of his back line who were on the outskirts of his semi circle and said they should be further up the pitch. They were already 10m forward on ours and the distance to Harry Kane was minimal as where Lukaku compared to ours might as well be miles away.
Maybe in a year or 2 when Jose moves on the landscape will be different and it’ll need reviewed again.

Today's Sunday Express says United and PSG are battling it out to get Poch. It's in a Tory tabloid, so it must be true; there you have it. We have one of the best managers in the world and are plotting to bin him after 15 months; makes sense.

Primativ

Supports
Tottenham
Poch wouldn't leave Spurs for United or any other PL club. You just have to read his comments to realise this. He is entwined with the club and on a journey. You very rarely hear managers, especially foreign ones, speak so openly about the love they have for a club but Poch speaks so fondly about Spurs, I just can't ever see him moving to another PL club.

Madrid or PSG are the only clubs who could tempt him away from Spurs but that will be many years down the line.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Jardim reached the CL semi's with Monaco and won the league in spite of PSG. The man deserves a shot at a club with large financial resources.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Jardim and Unai Emery should be added to the list.

The latter could be in the market if he fails to reach the SF of the Champions League, required condition to renew his contract ending next July.

AngliaRed

Such a pointless poll!

May aswell have, Who will our next CDM be once Matic leaves/retires? Silly question considering we’ve barely started his 2nd full season as our manager!

Why not wait to see if ge resigns or not.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Such a pointless poll!

May aswell have, Who will our next CDM be once Matic leaves/retires? Silly question considering we’ve barely started his 2nd full season as our manager!

No, the question should be "who will be the next owners of United?"

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Such a pointless poll!

Agreed. Completely ridiculous to have a poll like this in the middle of a season where we are 2nd and into to the next round of the CL.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
IF Mourinho weren't to stay his contract length it has to be Pochettino - and aim for him to bring one or two of his Spuds crop.

I should add that the pressure on Woodward should be fecking astronomical if this does happen - he would've then overseen 3 managerial reigns, and the 'Woodward era' would surely be viewed as an absolute failure.

But yeah, Pochettino. PL proven, good football for the most part, loyal. Yeah.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Daft poll. Obviously you'd take Pep, but he's not available.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Just in case and a big IF, Jose leaves

Whom should we try ?

Ancelloti ?
Poch ?
Simeone ?
Sarri ?
Enrique ?
Allegri ?

Poch or Allegri would be my choice as we will have a continuity in the style of play ( unlike LVG to Jose)

Exciting choice will be Sarri but too risky.

Mods- tried looking for a similar thread but couldn't find one. Pls feel free to merge if there is one. Appreciate a poll as well.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
ffs, so you read one tweet from daily fail, and quick,let us open 3849 threads on who is next manager! Because Jose is definatly leaving, right, well,it is in the papers, so it must be true!
Let us have a poll when, which date will he leave in May, shall we?
Jeez, people..

Z2United

Supports
Team Zlatan
Allegri would be a good match for United. He would do a good job imo.

Womp

idiot
Simeone (for continuity) or Poch (if we intend to be patient for a few more years to try and build towards something)

Member 5225

ffs, so you read one tweet from daily fail, and quick,let us open 3849 threads on who is next manager! Because Jose is definatly leaving, right, well,it is in the papers, so it must be true!
Let us have a poll when, which date will he leave in May, shall we?
Jeez, people..
Chill out! I don't believe this particular rumour but life is more complex than that (people leak stuff to send messages through the press, to divert attention, the club does too....rivals might, it's not just binary). Philosophically am getting tired of posters that just go on a rage about every single little news story that comes out with the inevitable 'omg must be rubbish!'.

Did you also laugh at the RVP to Man United rumours when they were in the press a good 3/4 months before we actually signed him?

L1nk

It has to be either;

Tuchel - who got Mainz to their highest ever finish on a shoestring budget and took Dortmund to 2 German cup finals vs Bayern, only lost the 1 on penalties vs Bayern. His style of play is similar to Guardiola's actually, our attacking play and players like Martial, Rashford, Pogba etc would flourish under this guy. A bit defensively naive and he needs to iron that out though, perhaps the break from Dortmund has given him time to do this.

Jardim - Not only gets the best out of young talented players, but the older ones to, beat out powerhouses PSG to the League title and even got Monaco really far in the Champions League. Could do wonders with an actual budget. Almost a no brainer really.

Now these are risks of course, but a risk i think we should actually take. I'd love to see Pochettino as well, i just don't see him leaving Spurs anytime soon though, i think he's building something there. I think these types of managers are the future of football, they are cropping up everywhere and are coveted by big teams, the Ancelotti's and such have had their day. With these I think we stand to have a great future, provided any issues on club and board level are sorted out, like perhaps the appointment of a DOF for starters.

Charles Miller

In the first two pages of a new one there is always a huge percentual of people questioning the existence of the thread.

Swift Football

Just in case and a big IF, Jose leaves

Whom should we try ?

Ancelloti ?
Poch ?
Simeone ?
Sarri ?
Enrique ?
Allegri ?

Poch or Allegri would be my choice as we will have a continuity in the style of play ( unlike LVG to Jose)

Exciting choice will be Sarri but too risky.

Mods- tried looking for a similar thread but couldn't find one. Pls feel free to merge if there is one. Appreciate a poll as well.
I will take half hearted Jose than any of the managers you mentioned above.
Some managers have done good for a season or two, but Pep and Jose are undoubtedly ahead of all.