Television POLL: Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones?

Which one was better?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

SiRed

I tried with GOT i really did. Last about 8 episodes before deciding it was a complete waste of time. I mean c'mon, dragons n sh1t. Meh.

Breaking bad i rewatch once a year and still is as entertaining as the first time a watched.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
1. The Wire
2. Sopranos
3. Breaking Bad

I don't know where I'd have Game of Thrones yet, but 4th at best. Such a shame, it could've blown everything else out of the water for me.

Cloud7

I have to go with game of thrones because I found breaking bad to be exceptionally boring. I really tried my best, after hearing so many people gushing about how good it was, but it was just way too boring for me. I gave up around halfway through season three.

Shark

@NotShark
I have to go with game of thrones because I found breaking bad to be exceptionally boring. I really tried my best, after hearing so many people gushing about how good it was, but it was just way too boring for me. I gave up around halfway through season three.
I've heard many criticism of BB, but boring is definitely a new one. Each to their own I suppose.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
GoT with a gargantuan margin.

I tried getting in to BB like 5 times. Never got past season 3. boooooooooooooring. I'd even pick the likes of Prison Break over it.

Andersons Dietician

I lasted longer than you but yeah have to agree braking bad does become very boring and quite predictable for me. I’m not surprised that it’s winning the poll though this being Hipster CAF

Shark

@NotShark
I lasted longer than you but yeah have to agree braking bad does become very boring and quite predictable for me. I’m not surprised that it’s winning the poll though this being Hipster CAF
:lol: You believe this show is only ridiculously popular and highly rated on this United forum?

If anything, you're hipster for not liking it.

Cloud7

GoT with a gargantuan margin.

I tried getting in to BB like 5 times. Never got past season 3. boooooooooooooring. I'd even pick the likes of Prison Break over it.
A man after my own heart. Season 3 is as far as I made it as well.

:lol: I don’t think I even made it as far as things becoming predictable. It was just so boring. I’m glad that there are a few people that agree with me. After browsing the majority of this thread I was wondering if I was alone in feeling like this.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I think Breaking Bad is by many critics and people alike painted as one of the, if not thé, best show in TV history.

Saying it's overrated (like I think it is) is considered more hipster if you ask me.

I mean it though, because I fecking hate hipsters.

stevoc

Breaking bad was very hard for me to get into, but i persevered and then i loved it for a few seasons but towards the end it became a real chore for me. The Jesse character just got on my tits more and more as the show went on either that or i don't like the actor. Got a few episodes into the last season and was going to finish it but my mate basically spoiled the ending for me on a night out so i didn't bother. While i still think it's one of the best shows ever it's a tad overrated for me.

Drop in writing quality in season 8 aside Game of Thrones has still delivered the best TV i've ever seen with the Sopranos probably 2nd. The Wire has to be in the conversation also as some of best shows i've ever watched.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Having thought about this more, I come back to my lasting impression of Breaking Bad which was the dislike of pretty much every character in the show. GoT may have frustrated me with a piss poor final season and a downturn in quality from Season 4 onwards but it still had great characters (at least until the development stopped). I really wanted to like Breaking Bad and thought the story was really good and it had a decent finale (which is hard to do). But too many annoying characters.

Donk87

Supports
Arsenal
I've heard many criticism of BB, but boring is definitely a new one. Each to their own I suppose.
I agree with him. Had glowing reviews of BB from many people and tried to get through it several times but never managed it. Found it incredibly dull throughout and couldn't connect with it. Gave up during season 3.

Out of the two I'd pick GoT but there's plenty of other shows I'd have above both.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
GOT at it's peak was amazing but there were also episodes and even seasons where it felt flat. The writing in the last few seasons felt rushed and not thought out at all. It really was a show of moments towards the end.

Breaking Bad just kept getting better and better and better. The last 8 eps were some of the best TV i've ever seen. Was always on the edge of my seat for those.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
There's so many characters in this show whose faces I recognize but can't remember their name and who they are. Like Sam's pal who died in the Winterfell battle, the guy who got crushed on the stairs in Kings Landing and the guy with the eye patch.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Having thought about this more, I come back to my lasting impression of Breaking Bad which was the dislike of pretty much every character in the show. GoT may have frustrated me with a piss poor final season and a downturn in quality from Season 4 onwards but it still had great characters (at least until the development stopped). I really wanted to like Breaking Bad and thought the story was really good and it had a decent finale (which is hard to do). But too many annoying characters.
More likely due to the fact that Breaking Bad had a small pool of central characters, whereas GOT has about 4 million different characters and House's

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
More likely due to the fact that Breaking Bad had a small pool of central characters, whereas GOT has about 4 million different characters and House's
I basically hated every one of his family member and extended family. Then even Jesse got annoying at times. It was difficult to enjoy when I was having to make fists with my hands to get through some scenes.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Cliff hangers helped brush over A LOT of problems in the 3 or so seasons before this one. All the talk would be about the last couple of minutes and not the dreary television that preceded it. It predictably went to shite when they couldn't hype up and tease stuff like the white walkers anymore.

"Yes nothing happened in that episode but wait they're building up to something!!"

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I tried with GOT i really did. Last about 8 episodes before deciding it was a complete waste of time. I mean c'mon, dragons n sh1t. Meh.

Breaking bad i rewatch once a year and still is as entertaining as the first time a watched.
There were no dragons in the first 8 episodes of GOT. Unless you were watching episodes randomly, in which case, its no surprise all you were able to pick up was dragons and sh1t.:smirk:

ChaddyP

As much as I have shat on season 8 of GOT I still prefer it to BB. I just have to omit GOT last season

Relfy

Breaking Bad wins it for me out of these 2. I enjoyed GoT, but was never as invested as most people are, especially my Mrs who adores it. It was fun, and some of the scenes were excellent TV, but I just never got completely hooked.

BB for me was a great show with some great characters and real edge of your seat viewing.

It will be interesting to see the mooted spin offs for GoT and whether they live up to the hype. I've watched a few Better Call Saul episodes and enjoyed what I have seen thus far.

Sopranos and The Wire are still way above these 2 shows in my opinion.

SiRed

There were no dragons in the first 8 episodes of GOT. Unless you were watching episodes randomly, in which case, its no surprise all you were able to pick up was dragons and sh1t.:smirk:
No, It was when i heard about the dragons i gave up on it. I actually got to where Sean Bean had his head cut off. Just not my cup of tea really.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
All you BB hating hipsters are weird. Very weird.
Don’t hate it, great show in many ways but I always thought it was a bit overrated. It wouldn’t be in my top 5 anyway.

Giggs86

Everyone says Sopranos had a terrible ending. Why doesn't that count against it?
The ending of Sopranos was left open to interpretation, so it's obvious that some may not like it. I'd much rather have the GoT creators gave us something similar than spoon feeding us with that shallow cop out.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
I've been a huge fan of both shows, and even though i am extremely disappointed of how season 8 went, i still say that nothing comes even close to GoT - not even BB.

buckooo1978

in spite of the final season its no comparison

Game of Thrones

slight parallels between Walter and Dany in their rise and fall

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Everyone says Sopranos had a terrible ending. Why doesn't that count against it?
The ending itself was divisive but there wasn't a clear drop off in quality like Thrones - people's contention was literally just with the final scene as opposed to an entire season of TV.

PvsNP

Breaking Bad easily. Only got better and better as it went on.

Once GoT surpassed the books, it went to shit.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The ending itself was divisive but there wasn't a clear drop off in quality like Thrones - people's contention was literally just with the final scene as opposed to an entire season of TV.
I should get to watching Sopranos. It's available on Hostar (one of the streaming platforms I have). But I'm wary of investing time into a show and feeling disinterested half way. Maybe once I finish Better Call Saul (which I also left )

Sylar

The drop of in quality for GoT is easier to see, but GoT also had a better peak than BB.
I really do think BB peaked in s4 and had a drop in quality for s5 but had a great episode or two in there.
Strangely, my fav of GoT was s4 as well, and you saw a similar drop in quality for s5, but my fav episode was in s5.

BB did have some memorable quotes esp from WW 'say my name, youre goddamnright' and 'im the one who knocks'. etc.
GoT probably had more though and the merch for GoT in UK (esp London and Edinburgh) is huge. Bigger than I saw for BB.