Television POLL: Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones?

Which one was better?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'd say it's quite close; both began to rely quite heavily on catalytic peaks rather than consistency as they went on. Game of Thrones had the stronger cinematography, but Breaking Bad had Ozymandias, and it ended fantastically.

Shark

@NotShark
I consider Breaking Bad in a league if it’s own. I’ve never watched any other show more than once, absolute masterpiece. GOT’s is still obviously one of the best TV shows of all time though.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Game of Thrones was a harder show to get right, broke new ground in terms of what a TV show was logistically capable of and had individual watercooler "events" that were among the most entertaining bits of TV I've seen. It also caught the public's imagination to a greater extent than Breaking Bad did.

Ultimately though Breaking Bad was the better, more consistent show.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Love both shows but I'm going with GoT because the first five seasons were incredible. Breaking Bad had the better ending no doubt about that.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Game of Thrones was a harder show to get right, broke new ground in terms of what a TV show was logistically capable of and had individual watercooler "events" that were among the most entertaining bits of TV I've seen. It also caught the public's imagination to a greater extent than Breaking Bad did.

Ultimately though Breaking Bad was the better, more consistent show.
Very good summary! I concur

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I'd say I generally preferred Thrones to BB at its peak - I'm generally more into larger scale stories with lots of connecting plotlines etc, and so it typically did more for me than Breaking Bad which was still excellent.

But if you're looking at both shows as a whole Breaking Bad ultimately wins hands down - never got particularly convoluted, and stayed true to its characters and to the story it intended to tell, ultimately giving us a satisfying resolution. Granted, GoT was always going to be harder to do, but that's not an excuse for how much they shat the bed at the end.

LInkash

GoT. Although Breaking Bad might be better on a pure storytelling level, Thrones will have a bigger lasting impact on me.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
BB was a cohesive, consistent, extremely well written story with perhaps the best dialogue writers in TV right now.

GoT was an incredible adaption that at it's best could certainly compete, but had 3 seasons and an ending that was terrible.

So yeah, BB all the way.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The Wire and The Sopranos (and possible others) are better than both but I'd rank Breaking Bad right at the top in terms of rewatchability.

GoT doesn't come close to any of them, or other shows.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
The Wire and The Sopranos (and possible others) are better than both but I'd rank Breaking Bad right at the top in terms of rewatchability.

GoT doesn't come close to any of them, or other shows.
Pretty much all the HBO series pre GOT are better. (except the leftovers...)

Reddy Rederson

If not for the last two seasons, I would have said thrones. No question. But those last two seasons have just dragged the whole show down. Bad was consistent in its quality all the way through. I never once thought "that episode was shit!".

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Anyone who votes for GoT will be burned by the lord of light.

Giggs86

Game of Thrones was more epic in terms of production, rich universe, number of characters, story lines etc. If not for that half-assed ending, I would probably go with GoT. So I think Breaking Bad wins by a tight margin.

Nothing comes close to The Sopranos though, which is the GOAT in its own league.

Kapardin

Breaking Bad was miles better. First 2 seasons of GoT come close to BB's first few seasons, but even then it's got to be BB. Ozymandias frt.

justboy68

Breaking Bad as an overall body of work for sure. Game of Thrones was almost at the same level for a few seasons but obviously fell away. Personally I still feel Breaking Bad is a tad overrated in terms of best show ever talk though. I'm sure I like the Wire better and every time I re-watch it I become more convinced. Sopranos is close but probably still edges it too.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Game of Thrones was more epic in terms of production, rich universe, number of characters, story lines etc. If not for that half-assed ending, I would probably go with GoT. So I think Breaking Bad wins by a tight margin.

Nothing comes close to The Sopranos though, which is the GOAT in its own league.
Everyone says Sopranos had a terrible ending. Why doesn't that count against it?

Interval

Level
Depends on what one means by Sopranos ending was terrible. If they means that last few episodes, then naah, they were alright. If they literally mean the last second of the show that caused so much controversy, then okay I can understand. I found it amazing! But it can piss off a few. But that one second wasn't as defining as the crappiness of GoT in s7 and s8

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Everyone says Sopranos had a terrible ending. Why doesn't that count against it?
It confused people at the time but ending of The Sopranos is now regarded as one of the best in TV history. It's genius.

mu4c_20le

Breaking Bad has no weakness. First 4 seasons of GoT were something else though.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Breaking Bad was of course a superbly constructed show, but for enjoyability is the defining factor, and GoT was a hell of a lot more enjoyable.

foolsgold

Game of Thrones as a top quality TV ended after the Mountain killed the Viper. Downhill all the way from there, Breaking Bad's final season was it's strongest

Havak

Pokemon master
I echo the thoughts of the OP, while Game of Thrones was at a similar amount of seasons to Breaking Bad it was neck and neck. Some of the best parts of GoT beat most of BB's best moments, but I think as an overall show, Breaking Bad is probably my only 10/10 show and GoT would now be closer to an 8.5/10. Both still excellent in terms of a full TV show from start to finish. I think the difference is that Breaking Bad mainly went from strength to strength and found ways to excite and surprise you until close to the last episode. Game of Thrones unfortunately got considerably weaker for the final two seasons.