[Poll] More or Less Active Summer Window?

With a new manager, will this summer be more or less active compared to if we kept Moyes?

• Total voters

MkPaul

learnt from the best
Most United fans have been looking forward to what could easily have been the most expensive and potentially exciting Summer transfer we've ever seen...

While Moyes was at the helm, it was clear he wanted to strengthen significantly as he clearly wasn't get the most out of the players available. He had sent out scouts to watch various players in several leagues across the world, it was obvious Moyes was planning to spend a lot of money this summer and money the majority of the caf didn't trust him with.

• If a new manager like Van Gaal or Ancelotti came in, do you think they will look to get the most out of the players already here or will they will they be looking at a huge re-vamp of the squad?
  • Do you think the new manager will look into the players Moyes has already scouted like Herrera/Carvalho?
  • Out of the favorites to become the next manager, are there any players you feel they will likely try to bring with them to United (for example we knew Moyes would try to bring Baines/Fellaini)

Bojan11

I'd think signings like Shaw and Carvalho will be completed without a new manager.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Most managers know who they'd like to bring anyway.

MkPaul

learnt from the best
I'd think signings like Shaw and Carvalho will be completed without a new manager.
Both of them could potentially cost us 60mil. Unless this "big warchest" is available, I don't think a manager coming in would be too happy knowing they have lost out on 60mil's spends.

Rednotdead

It wouldn't be a surprise to me if an appointment is made fairly quickly. That way, even if the new guy can't start as soon as the season ends they'll have a chance to have their say on transfers.

bucky

My inner muppet demands option most active ever. Oh and multiple votes would be ace as well, the Stop making polls option is mouth-watering, too.

Bojan11

Both of them could potentially cost us 60mil. Unless this "big warchest" is available, I don't think a manager coming in would be too happy knowing they have lost out on 60mil's spends.
Both of them also fill gaps in our squad. These are necessary signings.

These two are in demand and we can't afford to stand around. I think any decent manager would be delighted we signed those two.

MkPaul

learnt from the best
It wouldn't be a surprise to me if an appointment is made fairly q
The appointment might be made quickly but how soon can they come in and make changes? The two favorites are Van Gaal and Ancelotti; if we took Van Gaal would we have to wait until after the world cup before any dealings are made or would he dedicate some of his time to transfers? I don't think the dutch team would be too happy with that. Surely the board would at least have to talk to him before making any major signings? With Ancelotti, how long would it take us to get him away from Madrid? Didn't they have to pry him out of PSG which took quite a while if I remember correctly?

MkPaul

learnt from the best
Both of them also fill gaps in our squad. These are necessary signings.

These two are in demand and we can't afford to stand around. I think any decent manager would be delighted we signed those two.
Agreed with Shaw, it is an absolute must that we have a LB this summer.
A defensive midfielder though, thats not as cut and dry. Fellaini may not have proven himself here but in his days at Everton he did look like a monster, enough of a monster that we had to get Phil Jones man marking him home and away. What if the new manager believes he could get Fellaini playing well in a different set-up?

Rednotdead

The appointment might be made quickly but how soon can they come in and make changes? The two favorites are Van Gaal and Ancelotti; if we took Van Gaal would we have to wait until after the world cup before any dealings are made or would he dedicate some of his time to transfers? I don't think the dutch team would be too happy with that. Surely the board would at least have to talk to him before making any major signings? With Ancelotti, how long would it take us to get him away from Madrid? Didn't they have to pry him out of PSG which took quite a while if I remember correctly?
Well, surely transfers will be a matter for discussion with whoever they're looking at? I can't see it just being left hanging.

Bojan11

A defensive midfielder though, thats not as cut and dry. Fellaini may not have proven himself here but in his days at Everton he did look like a monster, enough of a monster that we had to get Phil Jones man marking him home and away. What if the new manager believes he could get Fellaini playing well in a different set-up?
I think the club need to sign players up before the World Cup just in case one of our targets has a good tournament and his price rockets. The players Moyes wanted to sign were good and we should still go for them. The problem I had obviously is Moyes actually getting us to play as a team.

LVG and Ancelotti are used to other people making the signings.

Blasphemy

Going to go with more active. They don't call him dithering Dave for nothing.

Blasphemy

Fellaini was definitely never a monster as a holding midfielder though. It was as a forward.

RORY65

Fellaini looked good playing further up the field, hence Phil Jones man marked him at Old Trafford. I think if we do move to 3 in midfield then he might have a role but we're seriously short in midfield so I'd expect one, possibly two signings in that area. I wouldn't expect our transfer business to change too much, I'd still imagine we'll bring in 3 or 4 players this summer.

ravelston

I think you may have set a new benchmark for the most pointless/banal poll. Congratulations. But records are made to be broken and I'm confident that the Caf can plumb even greater depths.

Truedevil

If we appointed LvG then less. In other cases the same assuming Moyes wanted to spend 80-100 million pounds.

HabeasC

I'm sure that there is more democracy, in the form of polls, on Redcafe than there is in any country in the world.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The same as if Moyes was there, unless the manager wants otherwise.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
If we appointed LvG then less. In other cases the same assuming Moyes wanted to spend 80-100 million pounds.
If it's Van Gaal, we'll buy a load of players during the World Cup and hope he doesn't notice.

Revan

Assumptionman
If it is Van Gaal, then I have bad news for transfer muppets. There won't be many signings, Van Gaal is as 'dithering' as Moyes.

C.M.P

2014 Grand National Sweepstake Winner
Any new manager will want to have a closer look at the players he has got but it is no secret we need some steel in midfield and with Vidic leaving, Rio looking past it and Buttner being a bit shit I could still see 3 or 4 new players arriving in the summer no matter who takes over.

Revan

Assumptionman
Any new manager will want to have a closer look at the players he has got but it is no secret we need some steel in midfield and with Vidic leaving, Rio looking past it and Buttner being a bit shit I could still see 3 or 4 new players arriving in the summer no matter who takes over.
Not this shit again, please. We don't need STEEL in midfield, we need fecking midfielders who are good in the ball and can control the games. It is a dynosaurus mentality wanting steel on midfield, what actually about good midfielders.

Sorry for being rude, it isn't my intention, but I heard this phrase during the entire last summer and how people would be delighted with fecking Fellaini who will bring us steel, but we saw how good that went.

On general I agree with you, I think that a CB and at-least a CM is a must, while we need a left back if Evra leaves. Wouldn't expect more than that from Van Gaal.

C.M.P

2014 Grand National Sweepstake Winner
Not this shit again, please. We don't need STEEL in midfield, we need fecking midfielders who are good in the ball and can control the games. It is a dynosaurus mentality wanting steel on midfield, what actually about good midfielders.

Sorry for being rude, it isn't my intention, but I heard this phrase during the entire last summer and how people would be delighted with fecking Fellaini who will bring us steel, but we saw how good that went.

On general I agree with you, I think that a CB and at-least a CM is a must, while we need a left back if Evra leaves. Wouldn't expect more than that from Van Gaal.
It is a given anyone we get has to be good on the ball and be able to pass, didn't think that needed stating. I also believe they need to be more like Keane than Carrick (not a dig a Carrick)

Edit; be as rude as you want I don't mind :)

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I just hope that Moyes' departure does not save much of the dross that needed to be shipped out last summer. I certainly wouldn't want the decisions to chop the likes of Young, Cleverley, Rio etc to be placed in the hands of Ryan Giggs, that's for sure. I'd like to think he'd be totally objective about it, but for some reason I'm not fully convinced he'd go around calling time on half of his teammates.