[Poll] Next permanent United manager

Who do you think should be the next permanent manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Manchester United are considering Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri for the permanent manager role next season. The Italian has let it be known he would be keen on a move to the Premier League. [ESPN]

Tiber

Manchester United are considering Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri for the permanent manager role next season. The Italian has let it be known he would be keen on a move to the Premier League. [ESPN]
More appealing that the Conte rumours

Tiber

Surely the whole point of bringing in Poch is he’ll be a long term manager? What is in it for Ole? It’d be nice if Poch kept Phelan and the rest of the new back room staff on though rather than going full Moyes.
If he is hired Poch will clear the lot of them out and bring in his own trusted team just like every top manager would.

Phelan will go back to his day job in Australia. Despite the redcafe hype, he has done nothing of note since Moyes commited the cardinal sin of letting him go - well, unless you count 3 months running Hull?

Canagel

Don't like this. Top manager but isn't exactly known for attacking football or playing the youth . He'll struggle at club like ours .

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
From one Mourinho to the another. If it's not an attacking manager, I'm not interested.

el3mel

I think Allegri can do pretty well here but he's not going to appeal to those who want attacking football. My Juve fans friends are describing his football as dull and chore to watch in the league.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
More appealing that the Conte rumours
Conte would be better but I don't want either. If we're going that way we may as well have kept Mourinho.

Right now I am just hoping Ole does so well we can't fire him, cos most of the rumoured replacements are not inspiring.

the chameleon

Both Conte and Allegri would an example of us going one step forward and then two steps back.

el3mel

http://www.espn.com/soccer/manchest...us-boss-allegri-in-new-manager-search-sources

That ESPN article too is saying Poch is the primary target among the other options, but he'll be pretty difficult to get and we'll get a permanent manager whatever Ole does for the reminder of the season despite him wanting to be considered for the job.

TBH I can see it happening : Juve win treble, Allegri leaves and joins us and Zidane gets the Juve job.

Last edited:

the chameleon

Also, what the feck are out board playing at? You don’t go for an attacking and youth orientated coach manager. Then if that fails go for Allegri or Conte. Totally different styles and philosophies.

If not Pochettino, give Ole a go, go for Jardim, or Rose. Chase a philosophy, instead of chasing names.

Canagel

http://www.espn.com/soccer/manchest...us-boss-allegri-in-new-manager-search-sources

That ESPN article too is saying Poch is the primary target among the other options, but he'll pretty difficult to get and we'll get a permanent manager whatever Ole does for the reminder of the season despite him wanting to be considered for the job.

TBH I can see it happening : Juve win treble, Allegri leaves and joins us and Zidane gets the Juve job.
that's very short sighted. If they've already made that decision. Why wouldnt you wait and see how the rest of the season develops before thinking about changing anything?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I think Allegri can do pretty well here but he's not going to appeal to those who want attacking football. My Juve fans friends are describing his football as dull and chore to watch in the league.
He would face the exact same problems of Jose. I rated Jose above Allegri before he took over us .

Time to move on from these old boys . Lets just go for an exciting option .

Andy_Cole

Ole's stock is increasing daily around here.

He's up to 80 votes now.
Not sure where my post was but I asked to put him in the poll (when it was very likely but not confirmed he was the new manager).

It really is best case scenario. That he smashes it this season so he gets the job.

Him not doing outstanding means it will be another manager. Surely everyone here wants this season to be great?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I just hope the people running this club will use their heads and not go after names. Manchester United have no business employing defensive minded coaches.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Not sure where my post was but I asked to put him in the poll (when it was very likely but not confirmed he was the new manager).

It really is best case scenario. That he smashes it this season so he gets the job.

Him not doing outstanding means it will be another manager. Surely everyone here wants this season to be great?
In an ideal world, Ole will be a revelation in the role and be offered the job on a full-time basis.

The chase for Poch will be a long, drawn-out affair which may or may not result in his capture. Levy will do everything in his power to prevent it from happening.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I just hope the people running this club will use their heads and not go after names. Manchester United have no business employing defensive minded coaches.
We can only hope that the board have learned from their past mistakes with regards to managerial appointments.

They must take the fans wishes into account when deciding on the next manager.

FlapR

In an ideal world keep Ole as manager, replace Edand the board and create some dorm of long term plan.

SirAF

Ageist
In an ideal world, Ole will be a revelation in the role and be offered the job on a full-time basis.

The chase for Poch will be a long, drawn-out affair which may or may not result in his capture. Levy will do everything in his power to prevent it from happening.
They would also have to be fairly quick about Pochettino so he can hit the ground running. feck Spurs.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Didn't that say as an alternative if Poch isn't coming?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Seen some reports about Allegri, absolutely not.

red thru&thru

If no Poch, then we have to go for Marco Rose and Rene Maric. Attacking and integrate the youth players.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy

I think Ole will be a revelation but that shouldn't mean he gets the role.

It's easy to come in after an unpopular manager and deliver a major upturn in form by simply not being the previous manager but it doesn't bare any reflection on your actual managerial prowess to carry it on when the perfect storm is over.

If we're going to let Ole Gunnar Solskjaer become a candidate then we need to stick Roberto Di Matteo up there too.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
We need to make it known to the board that we don't want anymore defensive managers. Leave young Ole there. We'll see how he copes with pressure and how he reacts to a bad result. You can always hire more technical staff to help him as well.

He's got everything else going for him, if shows he's good under pressure and can make us competitive against top opposition, then I'd give him a chance. To go back to boring football will drive us bloody crazy again.

el3mel

It's easy to come in after an unpopular manager and deliver a major upturn in form by simply not being the previous manager but it doesn't bare any reflection on your actual managerial prowess to carry it on when the perfect storm is over.

If we're going to let Ole Gunnar Solskjaer become a candidate then we need to stick Roberto Di Matteo up there too.
There's Di Matteo and there's Zidane. It can go both way with Ole.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

You're making it out as if any Tom, Dick or Harry could step into the United hotseat and automatically churn out positive results, when in reality it doesn't work that way. Ole has clearly done his research on the squad in terms of how best to deploy and utilize them both individually and as a collective. There is a video on the forum somewhere which describes, in detail, how Ole's tactical system functions - unfortunately, I cannot find it right now.

He's clearly saying the right things in the dressing room, the players look inspired, motivated, up for the challenge. Since his arrival they have covered more ground on the pitch than at any period during the last 5 years - they are working their asses off.

I have no idea if the good form will continue (there are no guarantees) but from what we have seen so far, Ole has done absolutely everything correctly. Which is a great deal more than many expected - myself included. I was prepared for a relegation battle in all honesty. Just enjoy the ride until it ends/if it ends.

There's Di Matteo and there's Zidane. It can go both way with Ole.
Also this.

Last edited:

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
If Ole does prove himself in the next 5 months or so, I would hope he gets the job long term.
For others it will be a job. For Ole it will be much more than that. He already is part of the fabric of the club.
As he said, "Its coming home".

Status
Not open for further replies.