[Poll] We desperately need a striker

Which striker should we buy ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Truedevil

Falcao's long gone and it looks like RvP is just days if not hours away from a Fenerbahce move. Also Will Keane has joined Preston on a season long loan.

Add to that I feel Chicharito will be sold as well so that leaves us with Rooney and Wilson as our strikers. With the added Champions League football(hopefully) we desperately need a new striker i think. Someone better and more experienced than Wilson but who doesn't mind sitting on the bench if that's what's needed.

What's the Caf opinion about the subject?

Mister_Stubbs

We can't afford to go in to a season in which we are fighting on four fronts with just a declining Wayne Rooney, a wank Javier Hernandez (if he even stays) and a young James Wilson. We will need to bring in at least one top quality striker should Robin leave but top striker are at a premium and won't be easy to get.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Nah we don't, not DESPERATELY. We have Hernandez and the young one. And we will probably only play with one striker anyway.

ThanksBoss26

Don't see Hernandez being here come September. We'll sign a striker though. I just have a feeling it'll be Benteke.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
If Chicharito and RVP are being sold then we'll inevitably buy someone. I assume that's the plan. Going into next season with Rooney, Chicharito and Wilson would be a touch worrying.

Last edited:

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Yes.

Otherwise Rooney will get injured and we'll see Fellaini up front again.

Cmz'

We should go for Zlatan as a short term option.

Although in all seriousness, there really are a lack of options out there, players like Lewa, Benzema and Muller would be brilliant but there's no chance we'll get any of them now. Our best option is/would have been to look for the younger players who have done well but have the potential to push on i.e. Vietto, Dybala & Lacazette, although fortunately one of those is still available. As I said in the other thread I have a feeling we'll end up with someone like Higuain or Benteke after spending a good while chasing after the likes of Kane.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
We've probably got one lined up. Could be Kane. He's young but that won't bother LVG. We'll have (hopefully) plenty of games next season so if we do sell Robin, I've no doubt we've tap...I mean got someone lined up :) Sterling perhaps. Maybe we'll go with something more fluid. We have Hernandez still. You forgot to mention us selling Angelo Henriquez too. At a strech? Muller.

ThanksBoss26

he can't do a job with today's style at United any more
MEN journo, Samuel Luckhurst has just posted a tweet he originally posted in late April when a journalist asked van Gaal if Hernandez has a future back here. Apparently he laughed and said 'what do you think?'

Says it all really. He can't stake a claim on the pre-season tour either. He's on his way without doubt.

settembrini

I think basically everyone will agree with you that if RvP and Hernandez leave then we need someone.

I'm dreaming of Muller (and Van Gaal benching Rooney) but I think logically you are right and we will go for a smaller name who can challenge Rooney but won't expect to walk into the team.

And please no to anyone old and slow. Falcao and RvP ambling around last season was just brutal to watch.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
If Hernandez and van Persie leave then the thought of being a Wayne Rooney injury away from James Wilson as our strike force is very concerning. In fact it would down right embarrassing to be honest.

devil in me

I can only really think of Lacazette and Benteke that are 1. Available 2. Good enough.
And I'm pushing it with Benteke.

One thing is for sure though, if Hernandez goes as well as RVP, then we've got something lined up. It would be too much of a risk if we didn't.

Roboc7

Lacazette or benteke, I don't see many other realistic signings, Hernandez must be on his way and Wilson gets injured a lot so it looks like a no brainer that someone has been lined up.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Chris Smalling up top. He's got goals for days.
With Phil Jones assisting him from corners? Imagine back in September if someone had told you that Chris Smalling would have the same amount of goals as Radamel Falcao by the end of season. How ridiculous has this season been at times? :lol:

walsh

Makes me wonder if we are about to go all in for Kane which I thought was hugely unlikely before. We shipped hernandez out last year because van Gaal didn't want him, can't see him changing his mind to where he makes him our second striker.

Who else is there??

Raptori

Special needs
Someone mentioned that LVG said he could see Januzaj as a striker, and he played ADM there a couple of times... perhaps we'll have Rooney, ADM, Wilson, and Januzaj as our strikers? Really doesn't look good enough to be honest.

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
Hernandez will leave and if the speculation is correct so will van Persie. That means we will sign a striker, no doubt about that since we'd be left with Rooney and Wilson. Memphis or Fellaini could do a job but it won't be ideal, the former has never played as one.

The only question remaining would be who will come in since the club sure did keep the transfer targets quiet.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Lacazette or Griezemann.

LVG tried to get a proper number 9 with only the league to play for and RVP here. He will most definitely do his best to sign a striker now.
Thought Griezemann was more of a wide player myself.