[Poll] We desperately need a striker

Which striker should we buy ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AN17

Let me see...........how did I work that out..........

He was not voted into the starting XI by a mass fan poll which they seem to take seriously
He's not Ronaldo
He's not an academy graduate player
He wasn't in the Top 5 for goals or assists in La Liga 2014/15
He was 5th highest scorer in La Liga in 2013/14
He wasn't in the Top 10 in 2012/13
He's scored over 20 league goals in a season once for Madrid

Read that and apply and remember you're dealing with Real Madrid and it will become obvious he's exactly the type of player that is disposable at Madrid.
You couldn't be more wrong.They'll sell Ronaldo before him.

JoaquinJoaquin

To be honest if we were going to get a big name striker it would have happened by now, no top club would sell their main striker so late into the window.

And i do think people are panicking because of Rooney's early season form and the transfer window is still open so we have that hope of a muppet signing. I think we will be fine with Rooney, Hernandez, Wilson and Fellaini as central strikers/CF's. Won't win us the title but i think its unrealistic to expect that after Moyes disastrous season, we are still rebuilding.
This is Van Gaal's 2nd season, that excuse doesn't wash anymore considering the amount of money spent. He originally said the 2nd year he would be challenging for the title, yet are still so far from that point. That is down to him.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
This is Van Gaal's 2nd season, that excuse doesn't wash anymore considering the amount of money spent. He originally said the 2nd year he would be challenging for the title, yet are still so far from that point. That is down to him.
It was naive for him to say that or he underestimated the job in hand or most likely his over confidence in himself.

And i still believe it's a valid excuse the only first choice survivors from our last title winning campaign are Rooney, Carrick and De Gea with the latter likely to leave soon too, so that makes 2. It's madness to lose the number of players we did (not any odd players they were experienced and the nucleus of that title winning team) and expect to be challenging for the title 2 seasons later, i would expect us to be competitive this year then to really go for it next season.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Can the 162 who voted for Chicarito, explain their thinking?

You must be chuffed now, because it looks like you've got your wish.

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I can only see us panic buying a striker at this stage. Usually LVG is fairly open when he needs a player or two, his comments make it seem as though we are satisfied with what we have.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Not sure what Chicharito has done wrong? he's barely had many minutes and has looked sharp when he's come on.

Devil may care

I think how far Rooney has deteriorated has caught LvG and everyone else off guard, most of us accepted that he wasn't what he used to be but he looks physically shot. It's so late in the window that there's no chance of getting a long term striker in, but this system needs someone that can hold the ball up and offer goals, as much as most of us hate it, that means Rooney in the #10 role. I think Ibra is the only real candidate when it comes to proven quality and the abilities required.

Devil may care

Can the 162 who voted for Chicarito, explain their thinking?

You must be chuffed now, because it looks like you've got your wish.
I voted for him because I thought Rooney was still capable of playing well enough as the lone #9. I have said for a while we wont win another PL as long as Rooney remains a main player in the team, but I honestly didn't think he was as physically spent as he looks.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I voted for him because I thought Rooney was still capable of playing well enough as the lone #9. I have said for a while we wont win another PL as long as Rooney remains a main player in the team, but I honestly didn't think he was as physically spent as he looks.
Very honest of you. It has been obvious to me for two years.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Let me see...........how did I work that out..........

He was not voted into the starting XI by a mass fan poll which they seem to take seriously
He's not Ronaldo
He's not an academy graduate player
He wasn't in the Top 5 for goals or assists in La Liga 2014/15
He was 5th highest scorer in La Liga in 2013/14
He wasn't in the Top 10 in 2012/13
He's scored over 20 league goals in a season once for Madrid

Read that and apply and remember you're dealing with Real Madrid and it will become obvious he's exactly the type of player that is disposable at Madrid.
Firstly, that fan poll is so full of holes and means nothing.
He's not Ronaldo? Other than Messi, no other Striker is...
He may not be an academy graduate, but he's currently better than anyone who has graduated.

You seem to be focusing on what he isn't rather than go through point by point and disagree, who should they have up front? Who should they buy?

DiceRoller

Firstly, that fan poll is so full of holes and means nothing.
He's not Ronaldo? Other than Messi, no other Striker is...
He may not be an academy graduate, but he's currently better than anyone who has graduated.

You seem to be focusing on what he isn't rather than go through point by point and disagree, who should they have up front? Who should they buy?
Fan poll. This is Madrid. The President would sell his own mother if he thought he'd get re-elected and appeased the fans. Try not to think rationally with this club.
Ronaldo point is stature - marketing, player value not just footballing ability. And this was in reference to someone who said they'd sell Ronaldo before Benz.
Academy graduate in reference to not having the affinity with someone who came through.

Look if you can't see that the club sold would sell Benzema then there's nothing I'll do to persuade you.

He's not indispensable. Not by a long shot.

FacerTheRed

Tbh i'd take any decent striker who is available on the market. With this system it doesn't benefit Rooney, he's not the young striker he used to be because the pace he once had is gone and his aggression has been missing for years which was his key attributes back in his prime. Chicharito i just rate as an impact player, i hate saying that because i like him as a person but as starter he's not as threatening and Wilson, just too young and inexperience.

Chasing players like Neymar or Bale is completely pointless and waste of time they have left in the market. If United do finish the market without purchasing any kind of forward player then United are doomed. I dont care how dominate United are in possession, because at the end of the match it counts on who scores the most goals and tbf we havent got that kind of fire power to do that. I just dont know how LVG thinks Rooney is the guy to score 20+ goals. He needs to drop his ego and think well i got a striker who is out of his prime and hasnt played up on his own on continuous bases in years, i got another striker who is more useful as an impact player than a starter and another striker who is young & inexperienced. A blind man can see he needs more fire power, especially going into UCL. So i pray for Eddy & LVG to pull a rabbit out of the hat and get a striker!

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Fan poll. This is Madrid. The President would sell his own mother if he thought he'd get re-elected and appeased the fans. Try not to think rationally with this club.
Ronaldo point is stature - marketing, player value not just footballing ability. And this was in reference to someone who said they'd sell Ronaldo before Benz.
Academy graduate in reference to not having the affinity with someone who came through.

Look if you can't see that the club sold would sell Benzema then there's nothing I'll do to persuade you.

He's not indispensable. Not by a long shot.
Firstly, I can understand why you encourage irrational thinking, your post is full of it. It's a fan poll on a website/ magazine, that can only ever account for a % of fans. While I understand Madrid are more concerned with their fan's opinions than most, I don't think they would be silly enough to get that solely from AS or Marca polls.

The academy reference is moot if you cannot suggest an alternative who is HG from their academy, then it's irrelevant, unless you think they should go for someone of lesser ability, purely because he started his career there.

You clearly don't understand as much about RM as you think, Perez says who stays and goes, Benzema is young and heavily marketable, no he's nowhere near a peak Ronaldo, but he isn't the barometer, he was special.

It's not about whether the club would sell him, as this club have a history of selling their star player, see Di Maria. However, he is nowhere near the top of the "out the door queue", I'd wager in fact he's one of the first on the "Build our XI around.. "...