[Poll] We desperately need a striker

Which striker should we buy ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Drifter

American
According to his agent United and Spurs are interested in Aleksandr Kokorin.

Truedevil

We're going to struggle a lot if we're not getting an upgrade on Rooney. Today we needed someone who can finish off one of the chances and secure the win for us.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
If Arsenal are getting Benzema we need to whack a big offer in to steal him.

Or just go get Zlatan so we can Zlatan teams into submission. Zlatan.

paulscholes18

Lukaku would have been perfect for today's game, height, pace, strength half decent 1st touch unlike the opposite we got from Rooney again

pseudo_canadian

Any team with a top level striker isn't going to sell them at this point in the window.

If we wanted a striker then we should have gotten it done weeks ago.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Should have got Benteke. Not top, top class, but probably the best of who was readily available. Vietto and Dybala made early moves, though they are both relatively unproven and would have been gambles. I don't think Benzema will leave Madrid, and Ibra, as fun as it would be to see him at United, he is very much a very short-term option and we would be in the same position in a year or two.

Who else is there, in terms of out and out number 9s? Benteke covers a lot of ground, is very mobile, wins the ball high up the pitch, and will win almost any battle that comes his way when the ball comes into the box. He links up well too, and can play the ball better than he is often given credit for. His scoring record, whilst at a pisspoor side, is very good.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Just sign anyone.

How about a big bid for Aubemayang?

I'd take Gomis right now ffs :lol:

Name Changed

weso26
What happens when Rooney gets injured or inevitably suspended? Does LVG think he is going to play every game?

The lack of a transfer in the striking department is moronic.

lilcurt

Should have got Benteke. Not top, top class, but probably the best of who was readily available. Vietto and Dybala made early moves, though they are both relatively unproven and would have been gambles. I don't think Benzema will leave Madrid, and Ibra, as fun as it would be to see him at United, he is very much a very short-term option and we would be in the same position in a year or two.

Who else is there, in terms of out and out number 9s? Benteke covers a lot of ground, is very mobile, wins the ball high up the pitch, and will win almost any battle that comes his way when the ball comes into the box. He links up well too, and can play the ball better than he is often given credit for. His scoring record, whilst at a pisspoor side, is very good.
I know he has just signed a new contract but throw the money at Lyon for Lacazette.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
There aren't enough goals in any of the front 4 we can put together right now. Desperately need a top class striker.

And, yeah, get Griezmann too while we are at it.

We need goals, lots of goals.

Godfather

There aren't enough goals in any of the front 4 we can put together right now. Desperately need a top class striker.

And, yeah, get Griezmann too while we are at it.

We need goals, lots of goals.
Would be the ideal scenario.

Kakeru

Zlatan on any day of the bloody week. Van Gaal should just bury his past history with a player for once.

TheLoveless

Any team with a top level striker isn't going to sell them at this point in the window.

If we wanted a striker then we should have gotten it done weeks ago.
Agreed. Poor planning IMO.

When we have been at our best we have had 4 strikers. Now we have one who is a starter and this one plays way too deep and doesn't have any competition for his spot in the team.

This is going to be a struggle. To get rid of Welbeck to take a big chance on Falcao and then getting rid of both Falcao and van Persie without replacing them with even one proper striker who can be a regular starter for us is a very strange piece of business IMO.

Hernandez is never going to be a good enough starting striker. If he is it was very strange to send him on loan last season. I think it was right to send him on loan but that also means he's not likely to make a huge contribution for us this season.

We are in big need of someone who can compete with Rooney.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What happens when Rooney gets injured or inevitably suspended? Does LVG think he is going to play every game?

I find it pretty amazing that for all the talk about our spending, since Moyes was sacked, we've only got Memphis as the new face in our attack. And let go of players like Rvp and Nani of course. And we were defunct in this aspect then too. Makes absolutely no sense.

Name Changed

weso26
I find it pretty amazing that for all the talk about our spending, since Moyes was sacked, we've only got Memphis as the new face in our attack. And let go of players like Rvp and Nani of course. And we were defunct in this aspect then too. Makes absolutely no sense.
No, it really doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!

Has rooney played this season? I was under the impression he was out injured, I Can't wait for him to start though he is sure to bang in 20 goals for us.

Name Changed

weso26
He is not what we need. Not even close.
I didn't want Benteke. I don't really like him. But for this tactic, formation and lineup (which I wasn't expecting us to play, I was expecting us to be more dynamic and incisive when we fixed the midfield), he would have been ideal.

Is Berahino that good? I don't personally think so.

Hed Zitin

What's the point in having Berahino? We don't play quick enough to feed the ball in behind for him. We need a target man far more for all our crosses.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
What's the point in having Berahino? We don't play quick enough to feed the ball in behind for him. We need a target man far more for all our crosses.
Fellaini?

JoaquinJoaquin

What happens when Rooney plays? O yeah, absolute nothing because he is done.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
We have got to pump money somewhere. Even these "unavailable" strikers are possible with enough cash. I mean, 50 million should get us pretty much any striker??

Muller, benzena, lewandoski, Ibrah, Kane.

The problem us, spending that much, they have to deliver.