g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Music Pop punk/emo

jeff_goldblum

I totally forgot about Cocktails and Dreams. I never actually picked that up. I should give it a listen. I remember the Present Day Memories EP being pretty great, though I don't think I've heard those songs in well over a decade.
Cocktails and Dreams is basically the two Asian Man EPs, a couple of songs which appeared on compilations and a couple of outtakes/new songs that don't appear anywhere else. Did you ever listen to Chris McCaughan's solo thing Sundowner? There's some acoustic verstions of Lawrence Arms songs on the first album, I went to a show at one of the Durham Uni colleges a long time ago now where him and Mike Park toured with a cellist.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Oh my, wasn't expecting this type of thread here. I used to be a big Taking Back Sunday fan and would also listen to stuff like Thursday and Jimmy Eat World but I'd recommend anyone to listen to the album "The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me" from Brand New, still listen to that album frequently.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I'm probably talking to myself at this point :lol: But Remo Drive's new album came out today, it's not as energetic as their last (in the OP) but it's still pretty good IMO

Last edited:

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Diary is a great record. LP2 is awesome as well, and probably my favourite Sunny Day album. I love how they just didn't bother to finish it, and Jeremy just sings jibberish on a few songs.

Is that Hypercaffium Spazzinate underneath?
I haven't listened to LP2 properly, gotta be honest, just Diary and How It Feels to Be Something On mainly. I should probably listen to it in full sometime.

Yeah it is, it's a good album IMO!

Acole9

Outstanding
What a find! Thanks for posting this. Listened to the three tracks above, definitely going to listen to the rest of the album at some point.

I can't remember if I've mentioned them in this thread before but everyone needs to check out Spanish Love Songs. New album out a couple of months ago, very good and I still listen to their second album Schmaltz a fair amount, that is a bit of a masterpiece.

They've been around a fair while but I've recently got into Tiny Moving Parts as well. I don't know why I didn't check them out sooner as I saw them support The Wonder Years a few years back.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
What a find! Thanks for posting this. Listened to the three tracks above, definitely going to listen to the rest of the album at some point.

I can't remember if I've mentioned them in this thread before but everyone needs to check out Spanish Love Songs. New album out a couple of months ago, very good and I still listen to their second album Schmaltz a fair amount, that is a bit of a masterpiece.

They've been around a fair while but I've recently got into Tiny Moving Parts as well. I don't know why I didn't check them out sooner as I saw them support The Wonder Years a few years back.
No problem! Their first two albums are worth checking out too, there are some good songs on those.

I've listened to TMP a few times and enjoyed them, but never really listened to them properly, so I should do that some time.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I love their atmospheric vibe, with the echoey guitars and everything :drool:
Yeah it's got the weirdness of early post-punk. Bit like The Cure but less poppy. Sounds good. Will listen to more, especially now there's feck all better to do!

arthurka

These two albums are some of the best Lo-Fi albums ever made..

Still to this day I play them regularly.
Love it..

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Yeah it's got the weirdness of early post-punk. Bit like The Cure but less poppy. Sounds good. Will listen to more, especially now there's feck all better to do!
Their first three albums from their original run are all great, a really great blend of that 80s post-punk and dream pop IMO. Enjoy listening to them :drool:

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
I'm just listening to Paramore's last album, and while they aren't exactly pop-punk anymore I'm still going to post about it here.

I've only ever listened to a couple of their songs before, but I really like this album. It's nice and catchy and uplifting. It's a great listen, IMO. Good timing to listen with the summery, sunny vibes.

Acole9

Outstanding
I'm just listening to Paramore's last album, and while they aren't exactly pop-punk anymore I'm still going to post about it here.

I've only ever listened to a couple of their songs before, but I really like this album. It's nice and catchy and uplifting. It's a great listen, IMO. Good timing to listen with the summery, sunny vibes.

There's two or three decent songs on it. The self titled album is my favourite of theirs, so underrated compared to the likes of Riot.

Hayley Williams solo stuff however is so bland.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I saw this doing the rounds and thought it was just a meme, didn't realise it was an actual line-up.

It was also referred to as "old emo music" by some, yet I'd consider the majority of that to be new "emo" music, so now I feel ancient.

Acole9

Outstanding
Incredible line up, I thought it was a club night poster first of all. If I lived over in the states, I would be going to this without hesitation.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
The only issue with this festival is it's one day (I think) across three stages.
Some difficult decisions would have to be made...
Thursday or Story of the Year? Senses Fail or Hawthorne Heights?? Etc etc

Acole9

Outstanding
Every time I look at the poster I see a band I didn't notice on there before. Just amazing.

Irwin99

Not sure if NOFX can be really considered a pop punk band but their last two albums have been great. Have been really getting into them again. Also, Cokie the Clown is the most depressing album i've ever heard. It's an astonishingly difficult listen and very raw.