Pop up adverts are back

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
When I’m clicking a thread title to view the thread I’m getting pop up ads as the thread page loads. It’s happening on both iOS and iPadOS, intermittently . Just thought I’d let you know.

Last edited:

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Back with a vengeance I'd say, all over the place for me on whatever the hell I'm on Samsung internet maybe ?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Got any examples / screenshots?

Is it happening in particular pages? E.g. homepage, thread page etc

Conor

Got them every time I used the site on my phone today, absolute pain in the arse.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
When I’m clicking a thread title to view the thread I’m getting pop up ads as the thread page loads. It’s happening on both iOS and iPadOS, intermittently . Just thought I’d let you know.
Do they allow you to reply?

ShinjiNinja26

They seem to be happening at random, when you click to enter a thread you get hit with an ad first which takes up the entire screen which you then have to click a little x in the corner before it lets you into the thread. I’ve had it numerous times throughout the day. It’s only started today for me.

GwilDor

Had 3 or 4 today aswell. Really annoying, and if they were to be intended i’d suggest you reconsider. Would be a serious hindrance to my use of the forum. Don’t have any screenshots, but can provide if they persist.

Red00012

Same for me

mainly when I clicked on a thread but appeared on main page also

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

I've seen it randomly on a few pages but not every time when entering a thread, not see on home page

Edit: this was on 2 different Windows laptops

Last edited:

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
@Niall Another, this time on iPhone. First one was iPad.

( Also Not sure why anybody would go to Manchester to look at an old Everton shirt?!! )
National football museum.

Anyway Ive had loads of these today.

OleGunnar20

They seem to be happening at random, when you click to enter a thread you get hit with an ad first which takes up the entire screen which you then have to click a little x in the corner before it lets you into the thread. I’ve had it numerous times throughout the day. It’s only started today for me.
Same. Pretty in your face.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
This is definitely not intended so apologies for this.

I need to know specifically what pages are you seeing these on so I can figure out what's going on? Does it ever happen when you're viewing a thread or is it only on pages like the homepage, forum list page, thread list page?

Bobade

I need to know specifically what pages are you seeing these on so I can figure out what's going on? Does it ever happen when you're viewing a thread or is it only on pages like the homepage, forum list page, thread list page?
When you click on a thread, but not every time. The funny thing is it always seems to do it on this thread.

decorativeed

@Niall Another, this time on iPhone. First one was iPad.

( Also Not sure why anybody would go to Manchester to look at an old Everton shirt?!! )
That's nice and up to date! That exhibition closed four years ago. So not only is it annoying, but it's misleading.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
When you click on a thread, but not every time. The funny thing is it always seems to do it on this thread.
So for example if you’re on the homepage thread list as soon as you click to view this thread you see it?

What happens when you close the ad - does it require you to click again to view the thread or are you already in the thread at that point?

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion

It's happened a couple of times this morning, like others it's quite random and happens when clicking to enter a thread.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
So for example if you’re on the homepage thread list as soon as you click to view this thread you see it?

What happens when you close the ad - does it require you to click again to view the thread or are you already in the thread at that point?
I normally use new posts to list the threads, when I choose one from there and click to enter it, it opens the ad, when I click close on the ad it goes straight into the thread.

EDIT I have opened about 20 threads this morning but it has only happened twice.

Bobade

Yep exactly that. Then when you close it you are in the thread.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Ok I’ve made some changes. Let me know if it’s still happening.

Woodzy

Ok I’ve made some changes. Let me know if it’s still happening.
Literally just got one for Succession (on NowTV I think it was). It was a big fecker as well, almost full screen, I was ready to grab some popcorn.

LARulz

Yep, had it all day yesterday and today on both my phones so knew it wasn't just some dody shit happening on one of them

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Ok I’ve made a further change.

Please let me know if that makes any difference.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I take it silence means it’s not happening anymore?

Stan Jefferson

Was happening pretty frequently yesterday (about 50% of the time) but hasn't happened at all today so looks to be fixed from where I'm sat.