Pop up adverts are back

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Looks like the change I made earlier resolved the issue? But I've made a further change so please let me know if the issue crops up again.

@Heardy @M16Red @LARulz @Woodzy @The Boy @Bobade
It's not happening anymore, but the cafs privacy pop up is happening now and it won't let me agree to it to get rid of it, it's not affecting the general forum, just the football and this one and it's only happened on my iPad and not android

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
It's not happening anymore, but the cafs privacy pop up is happening now and it won't let me agree to it to get rid of it, it's not affecting the general forum, just the football and this one and it's only happened on my iPad and not android
Not sure what would be causing that. Try clearing all cookies for the sit and see if that sorts it?

Woodzy

Roughly what time and on what type of page?
Would have been about 9am, and can't remember the exact thread but I imagine it was after clicking the link in the Sale thread in the United forum, and it was from the Redcafe home page.

It generally happens once a day i'm finding, usually when I enter my first thread of the day.

Also Chrome btw.

IRN-BRUno

Also having this problem but had the same on a couple of other sites too so I don't think it's a redcafe issue.

If you use private browsing it solves the issue but then things like tweets don't load, you have to click on them to view.

CallyRed

Just happened to me as soon as I clicked on this thread from the home page

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I'm tweaking things further this morning to narrow down where the issue is.

Please let me know if you see any and on what page you were going from and to (e.g. from homepage to a thread).

Apokalips

Just had one this morning too. It happened when I clicked onto the Transfer tweets thread which was the first thread I clicked from homepage.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Still there. From my mobile.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Just happened to me as I clicked from the homepage to 'Show all' in notifications. Google Chrome (desktop).

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Ok that confirms my theory.

They should be gone again now. Please let me know if you're still seeing any.

0le

Can you please also stop those video adverts appearing on the right of the page. They are extremely irritating. They "pop-up" and block a good portion of the content. The advert "banners" are far better.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
@Niall

I just got my first pop up for weeks, I was scrolling through the US elections thread and a full screen McAfee ad popped up telling me my subscription ran out yesterday. I have never used McAfee!

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I haven't seen full page ads but I've been seeing a lot of intrusive ads on the bottom of the page that cover up the reply box and the page selector, thus preventing me from contributing my insightful takes on the topic at hand.

OleGunnar20

Man are those ads obnoxious! Full page, is there even an X?! I just backed out of it as I couldn't find one.

Nasty stuff.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I'm looking into getting that sorted.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
I'm getting them every time I hit the home button. It's normally the same as the banner ad on the page I just left

Red00012

Ya Same happening for me now . It’s only when I go back in to Redcafe

youngrell

Got one normal pop up ad yesterday, which wasn’t too much bother, but twice tonight while browsing the Spotify Wrapped thread I got redirected to a different site claiming to be something to do with BT and the address was something like xyzcreators.xyz. Looked dodgy.

JagUTD

Starting to think I shouldn't have answered those 9 questions now.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
@youngrell can you PM me a screenshot if you see that kind of thing again?

Same for anyone else seeing unusual ads.

Thanks.

Woodzy

Getting forwarded to some fake BT every now and again atm. Will try and screen grab next time.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
it’s a deliberate tactic to drive down site engagement from nuisance posters. it’s a miracle i was able to type this through all the ads.