Positives...

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It's not the same argument at all, players not being able to pass the ball 5 yards has nothing to do with our manager, their manager or anyone else it's the players themselves
Its definitely part of the same concept. If the players are unfocused because they are unsure about tactics or generally unsettled as a squad then its the manager's responsibility to fix it before match time. Montella's squad of lesser, cheaper players didn't seem to have any issues coming to OT and performing whereas we did. That's on Jose.

Infra-red

Lukaku looks up for the fight and his all-round play is improving.

McTominay should get a lot more gametime in the coming weeks after Pogba's "performance".

We won't get annihilated by a vastly-superior side in the quarters.

Fuzzy Dunlop

* Lukaku.
* The old trafford grass is beautiful.
* United are alergic to spanish teams. Good to know that.
* Didn't end up with a 1x7 scoreline (as a brazilian, i still show some signs of 2014's PTSD)

Thats it.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Lukaku, Bailly.

McTominay existing.

Lingard not forgetting how to make runs off the ball.

Rashford's drive.

DDG not signing a contract with Madrid after the match was over.

Being able to focus on the FA Cup, 100%.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Its definitely part of the same concept. If the players are unfocused because they are unsure about tactics or generally unsettled as a squad then its the manager's responsibility to fix it before match time. Montella's squad of lesser, cheaper players didn't seem to have any issues coming to OT and performing whereas we did. That's on Jose.
Exactly 'if'

You're assuming based on your opinion/agenda/perception that it's all the managers fault that a player worth 89m can't pass the ball 5 yards to another player

Maybe you're right, maybe these players don't have a shred of self sufficiency about them and they're going onto the field scared because of big bad Jose Mourinho's tactics and can't pass the ball from a to b.... or maybe you're wrong and the players themselves just failed to perform

Ban

I'll be off redcafe for a while and facebook too not to read all that horrible stuff on Sky, BBC or wherever.

I won't.

Djemba-Djemba

Lukaku was good. He's proven himself to be what a Man Utd striker should be in the last month or so.

Mata being the only one to chase their striker down at the end was in its own way brilliant. How can anyone not love Mata.

That's it.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Bailly is a good defender.
I'm not sure I agree. Don't think I've seen 90 minutes from him where he doesn't make a mistake which could have or did cost us a goal. He's inconsistent. Last match he almost lost us the game. He was shocking for Sevilla's second goal and almost gave away a goal early in the game with a poor pass.
The tackle where he saved himself was immensely helped by Rashford who managed to sprint back and unsettle Correa.

predator

Youth NITK
Only positive or saving grace is that we won't be humiliated on a different level by a team who would humiliate Sevilla.

Other than that, no.

Jaybomb

The positives is, Mourinho might wake up and have a massive clearout in the summer.

Yagami

Good post resistant
The biggest positive is that we're one game close to sacking Mourinho. One game at a time.

Another is Lukaku. Looks a great player.

RedDevil@84

We did not go to next round and get defeated 5-0 or something outrageous like that

Nori-

United can focus on the FA Cup and securing 2nd.

LFC will now have to play a few more tough games in a competition I don't think they can win, and will then get dragged into a fight for 4th. While we get a Cup and secure Champions League money for next season.

Im trying here.....

ti vu

We played 5 attackers at one on the pitch with an attacking minded midfielder in the end. In term of Martial defender, we only used 2 at the end. That's very offensive line up :nervous:

Whatever

Castia

The positives is, Mourinho might wake up and have a massive clearout in the summer.

Most of them are his players now, he’s spent millions putting this shit show together. He’s spuked 35m on a defender who can’t even get a game when we’ve had massive injuries to Bailly, Jones and Rojo it’s a complete shambles.

Add Modtic to the midfield or Messi to attack and it would change very little because all we do is hoof the ball long to Lukaku for 90 minutes and hope for the best.

Pacificgi

Sevilla did us a favour, if we came up against one of the big teams i fear we'd have been annihilated

Denis79

Yesterday was a collective shit show. Mourinho got it all wrong, players couldn't cope with the pressure and our star players were shambolic, with few exceptions. What a dissapointing and frustrating performance. I'm almost 40 and watching football shouldn't agitate me, but yesterday made my blood boil.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Positives:

Very positive results against both Liverpool and Chelsea recently, plus a good comeback win against Palace.

We’ve cemented 2nd place and it’s now ours to throw away.

Seeing Bailly back in the side reminds us what a good defender we’ve got on our hands and Lukaku is looking the business now and will improve further.

On the downside we’ve just been knocked out of the champions league against a side we should be beating, not the first time it’s happened nor will it be the last.

Some might say a lot of posters are over reacting with their criticism and calling for Mou to be removed!

SirAF

Ageist

Very positive results against both Liverpool and Chelsea recently, plus a good comeback win against Palace.

We’ve cemented 2nd place and it’s now ours to throw away.

Seeing Bailly back in the side reminds us what a good defender we’ve got on our hands and Lukaku is looking the business now and will improve further.

On the downside we’ve just been knocked out of the champions league against a side we should be beating, not the first time it’s happened nor will it be the last.

Some might say a lot of posters are over reacting with their criticism and calling for Mou to be removed!
:lol: