Post any problems with the site here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeasteDevil

Anyway DD, what is the difference between the tow policies employed by both forums? Very little.

WeasteDevil

Dubai_Devil said:
Which policies?
I'm quite sure that as in site 1, there are protected areas for certain people. And you will not let me or others in there for some mad reason. So, it has some policies doesn't it?

WeasteDevil

The Kippax Kid said:
sorry to stick my nose in but.

why not disable everyones PMs

i was admin on a board where we did it, it worked well.
As I've said before KK, a lot of boards do that.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
For what its worth I'm not sure disabling anyones PM's here is a good idea. Unless, as DD has stared, they have abused them.

Come on mods, innocent until proven guilty, this isnt a good way to go about things and its not going to help heal any grievances.

Dubai_Devil

WeasteDevil said:
I'm quite sure that as in site 1, there are protected areas for certain people. And you will not let me or others in there for some mad reason. So, it has some policies doesn't it?
Well there is the admins forum, which ironically enough is only accessable to admins.

Then the only other people not allowed on so far are Wibble, because people on there think he is only there to wind people up, and you, because some people on there don't like you very much. I don't see how this has anything to do with the PM policy over here though,

WeasteDevil

It's impossible to know who has abused them, unless Niall unethically goes and reads them which he could very well do.

So, as a sensible poster such as Smashed deems this to be unfair, I will now suggest that as with the Who's Online feature, they are turned off for everyone.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Dubai_Devil said:
Then the only other people not allowed on so far are Wibble, because people on there think he is only there to wind people up, and you, because some people on there don't like you very much. I don't see how this has anything to do with the PM policy over here though,
:D

There's a list of people here might dissagree with that, to be fair

Where've you been lately anyway DD?

SmashedHombre

WeasteDevil said:
It's impossible to know who has abused them, unless Niall unethically goes and reads them which he could very well do.

So, as a sensible poster such as Smashed deems this to be unfair, I will now suggest that as the Who's Online feature, they are turned off for everyone.
I'm not saying i want them all turned off though, I'm saying the opposite- give everyone back their pm's. At the very least it would be a gesture of good will.

WeasteDevil

SmashedHombre said:
I'm not saying i want them all turned off though, I'm saying the opposite- give everyone back their pm's. At the very least it would be a gesture of good will.
Good will?

:lol:

GTF!

SmashedHombre

WeasteDevil said:
Good will?

:lol:

GTF!
what on earth is GTF?

Aye good will. This is getting slightly out of hand now, there are many posters who use their pm's for good use, you could end up punishing the majority for the mistakes of the minority by turning off pm's.

The Kippax Kid

Smashed's number 1 fan and the caf's little blue a
MANCHESTER CITY FC. the pride of manchester.
Dubai_Devil said:
and me.

i was personna non grata from the beginning.

and before you start i havent made a big or song or dance about it because it really dosent bother me ;)

Dubai_Devil

noodlehair said:
:D

There's a list of people here might dissagree with that, to be fair

Where've you been lately anyway DD?
There's actually a list? That's sad.

I've been around, don't really have time to post on two forums so I mainly post on RR, will post on here if I see anything that interests me.

Dubai_Devil

The Kippax Kid said:
and me.

i was personna non grata from the beginning.

and before you start i havent made a big or song or dance about it because it really dosent bother me ;)
Oh yes, and you, there are also some people on there who don't like you very much either.

SmashedHombre

Dubai_Devil said:
Oh yes, and you, there are also some people on there who don't like you very much either.
Tell spoony i said hes a cnut...

WeasteDevil

SmashedHombre said:
what on earth is GTF?

Aye good will. This is getting slightly out of hand now, there are many posters who use their pm's for good use, you could end up punishing the majority for the mistakes of the minority by turning off pm's.
I don't think the lack of PMs is exactly a punishment is it?

I for example never use them apart from getting tipoffs orbeing mithered into something.

If you want to talk to someone use the bloody e-mail option, or instant messaging which are both still enabled.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Dubai_Devil said:
There's actually a list? That's sad.

I've been around, don't really have time to post on two forums so I mainly post on RR, will post on here if I see anything that interests me.
Well no, it was a figure of speech. I can think of at least 8 people from the top of my head, that RR have banned or restricted.

I'm really tired of this though, personally

WeasteDevil

Dubai_Devil said:
:houllier:

They don't even know her!

This is one of the big problems in all of this.

The Kippax Kid

Dubai_Devil said:
i am aware of that, hence i have not made a big song and dance about it. i was the first to banned from the freedom of speech forum ironically and since then i have not mentioned it. its done and its in the past.

maybe we should all move on and start enjoying the forums again.

SmashedHombre

WeasteDevil said:
I don't think the lack of PMs is exactly a punishment is it?

I for example never use them apart from getting tipoffs orbeing mithered into something.

If you want to talk to someone use the bloody e-mail option, or instant messaging which are both still enabled.
instant messaging?

I use pm's reasonably often, to discuss minor things that wouldn't be worth the effort of an email. Its also a good place for storing the love letters the newbies send me. You'll destroy them if you take that away from them...

The Kippax Kid

SmashedHombre said:
instant messaging?

I use pm's reasonably often, to discuss minor things that wouldn't be worth the effort of an email. Its also a good place for storing the love letters the newbies send me. You'll destroy them if you take that away from them...
i will e-mail you daily :smirk:

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Barbara Charles said:
Well, if that is the case, then the logical conclusion is that you are attempting to censor my speech on another message board by handing out repercussions on this board. I must say, I am very disappointed.

You are not alone feeling disappointed...we were disappointed to see you shit stirring and, judging by what Spoony said about not wanting to have a huge thread about the caf on RR, he must have been disappointed too in seeing your RC related topics.

It will be interesting to see if you heed the final warning you got from Slabber.

SmashedHombre

The Kippax Kid said:
i will e-mail you daily :smirk:
Hmm I've just realized my email address is actually on my profile. That would explain how bluerinho managed to track me down...

WeasteDevil

SmashedHombre said:
instant messaging?

Not impressed Smashed TBH.

Dubai_Devil

noodlehair said:
Well no, it was a figure of speech. I can think of at least 8 people from the top of my head, that RR have banned or restricted.

I'm really tired of this though, personally
Being banned is a bit different though isn't it, there isn't really a policy if someone is banned. I still don't see how this has anything to do with the PM thing.

Weaste, I don't the KK thing is a big problem as she herself has said she doesn't care.

Weaste, i'm sorry no one PMs you, but you don't really have to take it out on us. (hehehe)

WeasteDevil

SmashedHombre said:
Hmm I've just realized my email address is actually on my profile. That would explain how bluerinho managed to track me down...
Your email address is not available, people can send messages to it via a form on this website. However, at no time is your email address visible.

I hope that helps.

WeasteDevil

Dubai_Devil said:
Weaste, i'm sorry no one PMs you, but you don't really have to take it out on us. (hehehe)
I've had more PMs in my time here than you have had hot dinners. I simply don't send a lot of them off my own back.

SmashedHombre

WeasteDevil said:
Not impressed Smashed TBH.
Whats to be impressed about? None of this is impressive and i don't see how taking aay pm's will solve it. Still if it proves me wrong then i will happily hold my hands up.

The sooner all of this can be bought to some sort of end the better.

Dubai_Devil

marcosdeto said:
To be perfectly honest no one really cares about you, no offence. The reason you were banned was that you joined, never posted, and then copied some threads on here, which annoyed a few people. You then made a fuss about being banned, and some RR people felt sorry for you and conviced the powers to let you back in. You then failed to post anything once again and seeing that you didn't seem to really want to post on RR the powers decided to ban you again.

SmashedHombre

The Kippax Kid said:
excellent i may stalk you, demanding pictures of you in your underwear :lol:
Look, i will tell you what i told noodle- not without some sort of payment! Preferably in pound sterling form

WeasteDevil

SmashedHombre said:
Whats to be impressed about? None of this is impressive and i don't see how taking aay pm's will solve it. Still if it proves me wrong then i will happily hold my hands up.

The sooner all of this can be bought to some sort of end the better.
PMs are removed to try to make it more difficult for people to poach our users.

I'm sure you can understand this and that it helps with your conception of the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.