Post any problems with the site here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Andy

Bloke
I know its been banned and that, but I just need to ask something on behalf of Veng if I may...(too late, I'm about to ask it anyway ;))

He only wants to know if his account has been ghosted, or deleted permanently? He can't even log on at all...

Big Andy

Bloke
Big Andy said:
I know its been banned and that, but I just need to ask something on behalf of Veng if I may...(too late, I'm about to ask it anyway ;))

He only wants to know if his account has been ghosted, or deleted permanently? He can't even log on at all...
also, why has his password been changed?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Big Andy said:

It's banned, which means it's not deleted, but it can't be used.

It's not irreversable and lost forever, if that's what you mean

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Big Andy said:
also, why has his password been changed?
Don't know

There was that thing the other week where loads of peoples passwords became corrupt, but he's been logged in since then

Barbara Charles

For the love of pickled beets
Once again, my PMs have been revoked.

I was uner the impression this had been cleared up the other evening when I was accused of "poaching Newbies" (incorrect), emailing Newbies (also incorrect) and shit-stirring ON ANOTHER FORUM. (Incorrect. If you read the threads involved, my criticism was directed toward thre unprofessional language used). In addition, it has been explicitly stated by mods here that what happens on other boards has nothing to do with what happens here. Now, without explanation, my PMs are gone once more. I post occasionally on this forum. I post even less on other forums. I have violated NONE of the rules stated on this forum. I have NOT engaged myself in internet turf wars. One or more of the mods may WISH I were poaching Newbies or otherwise breaking the rules here but that is NOT the case. If someone has a beef with me, state it. If you have proof that I have poached Newbies, show it. I guarantee you, you will not be able to. If you have a good reason why I am being singled out, please state it.

WeasteDevil

Look, those of you that have had certain rights removed know very well why those rights have been removed, even if by actual act or suspicion of possible acts present or future.

So stop moaning about it please.

WeasteDevil

Ern said:
Oh you're not being singled out. No, not at all.
I know that you have been poaching as certain newbies have informed us of your acts. So I suggest that you shut up.

WeasteDevil

If you like talking to newbies so much Ern, the ability to do so can be arranged.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
WeasteDevil said:
I know that you have been poaching as certain newbies have informed us of your acts. So I suggest that you shut up.
:lol:

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
Please take notice i`m not talking about Barbara Charles, whom i respect. But i would like to ask every member of the "other" and this forum if any of them started a thread asking why i was banned without even writing a single post -less the 4 in the mosh pit, where i insulted or attacked no one-. I think not, so it`s hypocritical to come here and say that there`s no freedom while, there, they ban members only because they think they might be agressive. I`ve seen in the other forum threads complaining some bans decided here, but no one gives a shit about the ones done there. And that`s hypocritical. Because what`s unfair in one forum is unfair in the other, and you don`t fight injustice with more injustice.
After saying this, i hope i don`t get banned from here too, cause even though i know the rule, i`m stating this to show how good this forum is compared to the other.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Barbara Charles said:
I was uner the impression this had been cleared up the other evening... ..

We covered the reason your PM facility was removed Barbara in post #167.

And marcosdeto, can we leave all RR business on that forum.

WeasteDevil

marcosdeto said:
Please take notice i`m not talking about Barbara Charles, whom i respect. But i would like to ask every member of the "other" and this forum if any of them started a thread asking why i was banned without even writing a single post -less the 4 in the mosh pit, where i insulted or attacked no one-. I think not, so it`s hypocritical to come here and say that there`s no freedom while, there, they ban members only because they think they might be agressive. I`ve seen in the other forum threads complaining some bans decided here, but no one gives a shit about the ones done there. And that`s hypocritical. Because what`s unfair in one forum is unfair in the other, and you don`t fight injustice with more injustice.
After saying this, i hope i don`t get banned from here too, cause even though i know the rule, i`m stating this to show how good this forum is compared to the other.
You are not going anywhere Marcos. Calm down!

Dubai_Devil

So I have had my PMs removed because even though I have never even used my PMs since this whole forum war started, I may in the future use it to 'poach' people?

That's like locking up every Muslim in the world just in case they might blow someone up. Yes it's on the same scale. It is. Shut up.

WeasteDevil

Yes DD, it is, but it's not directed as muslims is it?

So, shut up!

WeasteDevil

I don't understand what the problem is anyway, at best Pms are an annoyance, as people you don't know start sending them to you, at best a poor replacement for email. Many other sites turn them off.

Dubai_Devil

Actually when thinking about it I did invite one of the newbies, but you lot were about to ban him anyway and he never actually posted over at RR so that doesn't actually count as poaching.

I am still outraged.

WeasteDevil

Dubai_Devil said:
Actually when thinking about it I did invite one of the newbies, but you lot were about to ban him anyway and he never actually posted over at RR so that doesn't actually count as poaching.

I am still outraged.
Good!

Barbara Charles

For the love of pickled beets
Marching said:
We covered the reason your PM facility was removed Barbara in post #167.
Well, if that is the case, then the logical conclusion is that you are attempting to censor my speech on another message board by handing out repercussions on this board. I must say, I am very disappointed.

Dubai_Devil

WeasteDevil said:
Yes DD, it is, but it's not directed as muslims is it?

So, shut up!
I never said it was, just saying it was on the same scale, do you know what an analogy is?

Didn't you ask for Slabber to join again so you could have a discussing with him via PMs anyway? Forget it, that's besides the point, I still don't see what I have done to deserve having these rights taken away. Either the forum has PM capabilities or not, it shouldn't be up to you to decide who has them unless that person has abused the facility.

WeasteDevil

Dubai_Devil said:
I never said it was, just saying it was on the same scale, do you know what an analogy is?

Didn't you ask for Slabber to join again so you could have a discussing with him via PMs anyway? Forget it, that's besides the point, I still don't see what I have done to deserve having these rights taken away. Either the forum has PM capabilities or not, it shouldn't be up to you to decide who has them unless that person has abused the facility.
What I asked Slabber to do was something else.

I don't decide anything, major decisions are taken on a group basis.

Dubai_Devil

When I said you I didn't mean you specifically, I mean you mods. So just to clear things up, I have had my PM privelages removed not for abusing them, but because I may at some point in the future abuse them?

WeasteDevil

Dubai_Devil said:
When I said you I didn't mean you specifically, I mean you mods. So just to clear things up, I have had my PM privelages removed not for abusing them, but because I may at some point in the future abuse them?
That is correct!

As a moderator (which I'm sure you are) you will understand the principle of usergroups. Now I put my hands up, I created the usergroup that stops people doing certain things in regards to poaching. I did not physically stick you in it.

Now, when attacks and moaning against this forum stop, it's possible that the restrictions will be removed. But, we are currently swayed towards caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.