PL D FA Premier League

Newcastle United 3:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 12 January 2016

Kostur

海尔的老板
Remember when he fooled us into believing that we're atleast sorted out from tactical-defensive point of view?

Well shit. Get him out asap.

SalfordRed1960

Lost all composure.

How the feck Lingard and Fellani can miss their chances beggars belief.

More pissed off than at any time this season, that game was for the taking.

Ryan7

Played better than usual, but some of the defending was pathetic.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Dropped 2 points. Much better performance, better tempo to our play. Rooney excellent.

El Zoido

When we attack we can't defend and when we defend we can't attack.

Empire

Keep it tight and boring if we want top four, an open game is too risky for this team. Lingard, Rooney and Fellaini all should have finished the game, they won't be much easier than that.

Woodenlung

Best we've played in ages and we still couldn't win.

Swansea and Newcastke are two of th league worst sides and we struggled desperately to beat the former and couldn't get a win over the latter.

Cina

Great game.

Fellaini should be taken to Belize.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
:lol: You just can't write it. Best game I've watched us play this season in terms of entertainment, and it's 3-3 against relegation fodder

mu77

FFS we look good on one side of the ball only. either tight at the back and toothless up top. or new teeth and loose as a $5 whore's ummmm.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Should have scored 5 or even 6. Disappointed with the goals we conceded. One was an assist from our own team, second a silly penalty and third a fortunate deflection. I'm counting ourselves as unlucky to not take all 3 points, but at least it was entertaining.

dsch

Mitrovic is one of those Kevin Davis type strikers, who make up for what they lack in skill with brawn and cuntiness.

Hed Zitin

When we attack we cannot defend.

Morgan was a complete and utter waste of space today. The entire back four where all over the place.

Rooney had a fine game.

Great entertainment though.

thepolice123

Utterly disappointed with the team. Lost their marbles after Newcastle scored their second. Overall a pathetic performance.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Great game. Loved it. Rooney was great. Lingard cost us the win with an appalling miss. Smalling had a shocker too.

Viral United

Blind is not cb.
I seriously don't understand what the feck LVG see in felleni? How the feck he play whole game.

Dr Fink

Same as Wolfsburg. The shackles apparently come off when he's under a bit of pressure and our defending goes to pot. LVG cannot set the team up to attack AND defend. A poor result. Lucky to draw in the end. He has to go. Fellaini in central midfield says it all.

At least my pulse rose tonight. We made Newcastle look good second half, for a team threatened with relegation. FFS. Ooh we look good for the Liverpool game......not.

Silverman

I cannot stand this shite about a good or exciting game........the game is not good if we lose. Id rather win 1-0 with our shite football than that result. We keep doing that and top 4 will be gone.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
2 points dropped but a great game.

We need leaders in the squad, we have no bottle, its reminiscent of the Wolfsburg game.

acnumber9

I thought we were shocking. This improvement BT are harping on about was nonexistent.

PvsNP

Sell Fellaini immediately. I'd rather have Djemba Djemba on my team.

Moonred

Best we've played in ages and we still couldn't win.

Swansea and Newcastke are two of th league worst sides and we struggled desperately to beat the former and couldn't get a win over the latter.
If by best you mean, can't control the ball or have possession or defend or win a duel.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
Entertaining at least. Had the chances to take all three points. I feel like Van Gaal is close to stumbling across his best XI, similar to how he did last year.

NK86

That Fellaini miss was yet again when he missed a sitter at a crucial time. Sell him now.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Reactive not proactive. The nature of the beast with Fellaini and Schneiderlin in midfield vs a team of runners.

You just knew each goal of Newcastle's was coming.

In that 2nd half especially, at no point did we truly have control. Newcastle always threatened. Lingard missed a big chance, Fellaini fecked up a sitter and Rooney and Martial messed up a great opportunity at the end between them by treating it far too comfortably and not killing it off.

Annoying result. So bloody needless.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Just shows what an absolutely clown and fraud Van Gaal is. Play attacking football? Can't defend for shit. Play defensive football? Can't attack for shit.

18 months and the players still don't know how to do basic transitions between phases of play properly. In the premier league, where the game is so fast, that's absolute suicide.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think that proved conclusively the defence wasn't actually that good, it was the centre mid pair right in front of them, and lack of any risk!

We wanted risk, and we got it!

Positives, Rooney like a reborn player, negatives, looked wide open, and bottled 2 leads, and a soul destroying last min goal. And let a team who haven't scored for ages score 3!

onlyoneunited

I will take that kind of match every week. I mean at least it was interesting.

But feck me if Memphis isn't one lazy git, he lost it for us with his general lets not bother to run back. Even Ronaldo used to track back more often than he does! Now Memphis is fast right? Then why the hell doesn't he actually look like he is actually gonna try to put some effort and pace into anything unless it is around the opposition penalty area?

Pluses, Rooney and Herrera were excellent, very nice to see.

caid

That was crazy,
Dont know how i feel about it. Goals are nice!!! But we needed the 3 points.

How much of our issues in attack are due to the midfield?
Individually some have been good but collectively they've been poor pretty consistently.
Fellaini should have half a dozen goals from recent games. How many chances in the 6 yard box can you miss?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Worst case scenario. We failed to beat a shite team but we were much more positive going forward so we roll on under this manager.

Utterly pissed that game away. Everything we wouldn't have done when we were winning titles, bottlers in defence and not clinical enough in attack. Special mentions to Smalling and Fellaini for those 2.

Going forward we were decent mainly because of Rooney.

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 517 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Newcastle win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Newcastle 0:0 Man Utd
  • 19% Newcastle 0:1 Man Utd