PL W FA Premier League

Arsenal 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 22 November 2014

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Awful performance, got lucky, great result. For me we should have had an attacking line up as their defence is possibly worse than ours.

Djemba-Djemba

An absolutely massive victory.

First time all season we had a bit of luck go our way it felt like. Di Maria should have killed it at the end, the second he missed the chance to make it 3-0 you just knew they'd pull one back. Still though, what a victory.

De Gea is just immense, what a keeper!

Sam

How the feck did we win that :lol::lol:

What a farce of a game :lol:

Hed Zitin

What the hell is with Arsenal and us? We were so bad, but tried and trusted counter attack did it against them again.

Mister_Stubbs

Makeshift defence, riddled by injuries and still Arsenal can't beat us... what a fecking result lads!

togg

People fecking off LVG. Look what he has got....decimation of injuries. Take my hat off to him for playing the game with what he has. Imagine what he'll be like with people back and him getting the other players he wants in.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I really don't think we were poor after those opening mins

Especially in the 2nd half it was a very good away performance

montpelier

at least Dick Turpin wore a mask, as they say

but who cares

defended valiantly

Raoul

Admin
Staff
However bad our squad was in terms of injuries and lineup, we went to the Emirates and are now in 4th.

Kazi

Arsenal are fecking terrible. A lot of good individual performances on our side. De Gea, Valencia, Young, Carrick, Fellaini, Rooney all excellent.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Very similar to the 49 game unbeaten run ending win. We had even lesser control than that game, but about time we won away and against a big team.

Anduin

Arsenal can't even beat us in our state. Fecking love that. Only bad things were Shaw's injury and Angel's missing, but delighted with the win. We've gotten ourselves a platform to push on now, fantastic.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I was impressed with Fellaini to be honest. Did his job and was an absolute twat all game, really fractured Arsenal's game at times and gave them something to worry about when the ball was in the air. Complete nuisance.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Arsenal are fecking terrible. A lot of good individual performances on our side. De Gea, Valencia, Young, Carrick, Fellaini, Rooney all excellent.
Nah, they should have been out of sight in the first half. They aren't terrible at all, it's just that our keeper had a stormer.

saivet

We won by default. Great to get the 3 points but that performance was very ordinary.

As soon as we got our lucky goal Arsenal left soo much space that it would have been impossible for us not to create chances.

Ivor Ballokov

Not sure how we got away with that but it's a good result. Rooney's best game for a while and De Gea was a matchwinner, I thought Blackett improved as the game went on too.

Poor officiating as usual.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
- Horrendous performance.
- Blackett.
- Injuries everywhere.
- Wilshere the yappy terrier.
- 1-0 with 0 shots on target.
- AdM miss.
- Arsenal being Arsenal.

Honestly one of the craziest, and funniest games I've ever seen.

crossy1686

career ending
Our defence (including De Gea) were awesome today, they all put a shift in and looked composed, after the first 20 minutes that is. Our midfield protected the defence excellently and gave us a platform to counter on. Great team performance and fantastic result.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
3-0 would be hilarious. Great win, feck the performance, we needed a lucky win like that.

Dylan94

This is a massive result. I wasn't expecting this at all. Don't know how we did it. But however you get it you get it and we got it. We've been due the luck for a long time now with all the injuries that have come our way and dodgy decisions in other games too. This is massive. Really happy.

Kazi

Nah, they should have been out of sight in the first half. They aren't terrible at all, it's just that our keeper had a stormer.
They're terrible in the sense that they can't finish, even with De Gea in goal. They were always going to get chances against our defence today.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
- Horrendous performance.
- Blackett.
- Injuries everywhere.
- Wilshere the yappy terrier.
- 1-0 with 0 shots on target.
- AdM miss.
- Arsenal being Arsenal.

Honestly one of the craziest, and funniest games I've ever seen.
The table doesn't lie.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The result was wonderful, the performance was rubbish. Not a game I will be watching again if I have a choice. We got what we needed out of it. Enough said. Pity we made it hard on ourselves at the end, I think De Gea deserved a clean sheet for keeping us in it for so much of the match. Disappointed Di Maria didn't bury his one on one, a third goal would have put the exclamation on it and not given Arsenal that little bit of late hope. All's well that ends well I suppose.

Revan

Assumptionman
De Gea is magnificient.

Smalling was surprisingly good.

Valencia and Young were decent. As was McNair.

Blackett gave one of the worst performances from a United player I have ever seen. We always knew that he has 0 positional awareness and likes to hoof the ball a lot, but today he added also risk passes to no-one which made his performance ridiculously bad. Robin Van Torres was as bad as expected.

Di Maria shouldn't have missed that chance. Rooney is still our best and most important player (not including the keeper on this).

A defensively great, but otherwise shit performance. 3 points though which is all I care right now. On top 4 after a long time. First away victory since April. Here hoping for more wins.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
How the feck did we come out of that with 3 points?!

Moonred

Shit on a stick first half. Organized pefromance defensively once we went up. Fellaini will never make you stand up and applaud but he can do a job. He was immense defensively and played a great ball to ADM for the winner. Smalling led the back well and McNair was good. Young did his job well and Well done Rooney for finishing it off. We should be doing better on the counter, Arsenal were exposed completely and bottled as usual once they went behind. Welbeck showed nothing today that made me regret the transfer, but saying that RVP was atrocious. ADM should be burying that chance, but was ok overall, 20 assists in league in 2014. A win is a win. We need players back, we did a job. Oh and De Gea , Superstar.

Woodzy

Defence did very well. Nervy first 20 minutes but we weathered it. We can be so sloppy at times.

I hate those one on one chips though. Rooney got lucky with his I feel (the keeper got a touch to it) and Di Maria should have scored that.

Fellaini had a Jekly and Hyde game. At times he mad eme tear my hair out but others he was outstanding.

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 81% of 839 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 543 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw