Post match v Liverpool

Lights Out

Players posts on instagram are very few and far between today. Good to see.

ShinjiNinja26

Bottling top 4 at this stage would be pretty devastating.
True, but winning the Europa League would certainly soften the blow and secure us CL football anyway. Ideally we finish top 4 comfortably and still chase the other remaining trophies but it all depends on how the team bounces back from the mauling they’ve just received.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
When we were getting destroyed last year under Rangnick, i didnt care. But this result yesterday has really knocked me out. I just pray we can make amends on thursday and at the weekend.

Hughie77

Apparently G Neville is not doing Monday Night footy . Instead Only crowing Carragher is doing it maybe with someone else. Who I don't know maybe the guy who said he can keep his job after being a tit.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Apparently G Neville is not doing Monday Night footy . Instead Only crowing Carragher is doing it maybe with someone else. Who I don't know maybe the guy who said he can keep his job after being a tit.
Going to turn it on just as game ready to k.o. I don't tune in for most of the punditry to be honest.

Lee565

We clearly still have big issues in retaining possession, showing composure and controlling games for large periods, even in the first half it felt like an onslaught of liverpool camped in our half with getting some good opportunities on the break and we have too man chaotic matches this season instead of calmly seeing them out with ease, it's night and day to how we folded compared to real madrid not being fazed by being 2 -0 down at Anfield and soundly beating them with pure on the ball quality.

Our midfield yesterday poor, wout is not the answer to playing as a 10, casimero is very good but even he is not an elite passer of the ball and sure as hell neither is fred who seems to go panic too often, bruno will always be a bit of liability in this scenario and you can point to his stats with de bruynes but you have to realise de bruyne sees a lot more of the ball because of the possession city have in every match where as we struggle to soundly dominate in the same manner

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Problem was attitude. Players jogging around and passing carelessly. We have seen them doing it well so it’s not talent issue. Not sure what went wrong after a cup win to have such attitude for a game against Liverpool. They should be ashamed of themselves and keep off social media platforms for next few match.

DSG

I turned it off at 3-0. Amazed to see we lost 7-0.

Hate to say this, but I advocated for Ole to be sacked after we lost 5-0 in 2021. Why is there a double standard for Ten Hag? Should there be?

Clearly, this is a different situation, different team. We’ve been very good and somewhat lucky during this latest run of results. It shows we aren’t as good as we thought. It also shows that when up against really top teams, the lack of a true, goal-scoring striker, shifting Bruno to the wing, lack of quality in midfield, and problems with finishing will come back to bite us.

There were others complaining about the performance in the first half. I thought we played well, generally had better chances, just failed to finish. We grab one of those, the Bruno header, Rashford or Antony, and it’s probably more of a game.

Let’s all calm down. The true measure of ETH will be how he and the team responds to this.

GregM40

Still don’t understand what happened, perhaps the straw that broke the camels back.

Some perspective is needed. Liverpool won’t win anything this season, we have a trophy and could win a further two whilst sorting out CL football for next season. The bigger picture matters here.

OrcaFat

I have lost hours today staring into space and exclaiming “7-0”.

bdspeedy

We've played 18 games in 2023. We've won 13. Drawn 3 times. We barely lost to Arsenal and lost spectacularly to Liverpool. We are forced to use the same basic
15 players, 2 games a week for over 2 months now. We haven't had more than 4 days rest between games thus far this year. Granted, a professional footballer should be able to play two games per week, but I think our lack of squad depth caught up to us yesterday. Let's get back on the f-ing horse and start riding hard again. Shake it off. Back the manager, keep pressure on the parasite owners who have mismanaged the team for years and let's expect to improve the squad in the summer under proper ownership.

darko

Problem was attitude. Players jogging around and passing carelessly. We have seen them doing it well so it’s not talent issue. Not sure what went wrong after a cup win to have such attitude for a game against Liverpool. They should be ashamed of themselves and keep off social media platforms for next few match.
I turned it off at 3-0. Amazed to see we lost 7-0.

Hate to say this, but I advocated for Ole to be sacked after we lost 5-0 in 2021. Why is there a double standard for Ten Hag? Should there be?

Clearly, this is a different situation, different team. We’ve been very good and somewhat lucky during this latest run of results. It shows we aren’t as good as we thought. It also shows that when up against really top teams, the lack of a true, goal-scoring striker, shifting Bruno to the wing, lack of quality in midfield, and problems with finishing will come back to bite us.

There were others complaining about the performance in the first half. I thought we played well, generally had better chances, just failed to finish. We grab one of those, the Bruno header, Rashford or Antony, and it’s probably more of a game.

Let’s all calm down. The true measure of ETH will be how he and the team responds to this.
It's your standard if you see the situation being identical. Do you see both situations being the same?

AFC NimbleThumb

I think seeing one positive after a very negative result is a sign of maturity and balance. So maybe you need to grow up ffs. ;)
There’s no silver lining to our players playing so badly. Trying to score pints on a forum after such a win is petulance but I now know which side of the line you fall on so feel free to carry on with your Monday.

Fluctuation0161

There’s no silver lining to our players playing so badly. Trying to score pints on a forum after such a win is petulance but I now know which side of the line you fall on so feel free to carry on with your Monday.
Oh don't worry, I already felt free to carry on with my Monday.

I think its obvious how empty your glass is. :)

Cole9

This is the sort of result that as a fan you can only laugh at, and then move on.

:lol:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
After losing 7-0 the ideal next game is joint bottom of the league at home. But we’ve got a bloody Europa League game in between. Annoying.

AFC NimbleThumb

Oh don't worry, I already felt free to carry on with my Monday.

I think its obvious how empty your glass is. :)
You’re doing the exact thing the poster you jumped in for is accused of doing. This isn’t about ‘my glass’ or your poor use of emojis. I’d tell you to grow up but. . .

Enjoy your Monday.

Wheato

Tell you what, on Wednesday night before the West Ham game, there was a lot of back slapping and a general feeling like we had made it back to the promised land. First with the players lifting the EFL trophy on the pitch (no problem with that) But then Casemiro with his fifa award from when he played for Madrid. Then De Gea for the most clean sheets (Oh, the irony) And while all these celebrations were going on, there was a part of me thinking, "Watch West Ham hammer us now."

And I was thinking that because I know we are not there yet. Look at our goal difference. Look at our reliance on loan players who aren't really top class. We don't have a striker? We are heavily reliant on our defence, and it has got us across the line so many times this season. Rashford has been slightly off the boil since he got that knock against Barcelona. And I bet he is playing with pain killing injections.

This might seem perverse, but that humbling at Liverpool has immediately put a stop to all that back slapping and hype. Not only does it focus the mind of the players and the coaching team, it shows us where we are, and where we need to be.

Winning a trophy and getting 3rd is still a great season, considering where we were. But I think we will see a big reaction against Betis, and it might be the kick up the backside that gets us to the end of the season with a boost of energy, maybe even another trophy?

skc_18

During our 6-3 loss as well I commented that we should have stopped winning the match once we are 3-0 down and should go into damage control. And may be if we get lucky we could stage a comeback. Always possible to have comeback at 3-0 rather than 5-1 or 5-0
We missed doing that match and yesterday too.

It is on the manager , he should have subbed few players and brought in some players who head was still right.

Lee565

Our goal difference after that match is absolutely dreadful compared to all the other sides around us

Dan600

It hurts but if you're struggling, just tell yourselves that the players have seen the rumours about the Glazers staying, and decided to make sure they don't change their mind and stay. :wenger:

redmanx

The season isn’t over yet. Ask me again in the summer and I’ll ask you the same
Liverpool could win every trophy going every seson for the next 50 years and they will still not be a bigger Club than United, and thats what really rankles with them.

evil_geko

What is this lie about last 10 Man United games at Anfield having aggregate score of 36-2 for Liverpool? I even saw Ben Foster mention it on his channel, you can literally just check it and see it is 18-4. Do we have to lie now too just to big up fecking Liverpool? And it's not even small lie, 36-2? Really? Bloody hell! :houllier:

ants7

Nobody needs to get sacked for this but losing to your arch rival 0:7 is really hard one to take. Also disappointed to see that such result is still in us somewhere. I thought that banter days are behind us. We've done such a great progress this season and this result should have never happen. I admit, cracks were always there and we have been getting away with some of the results lately but this result is a really big let down. In some ways, I'm back to square one with this team. I can't just brush this result under the carpet and move on.

YikesSchmeics

If those players are getting complacent after winning basically the least important available trophy, then it's beyond hopeless and extremely small-time.
Luke Shaw was one of the main culprits. Him and Dalot epitomised the rapid deterioration of mentality goal by goal. Bruno was the worst, but those 2 were next on the list. Pathetic. Needs to talk less and look at himself more.

SteveCoppellFan

Every ex Liverpool player is coming out from under their rock on Sky Sports News.

I think their has been a complete over reaction by the media for what was a disastrous 45 minutes of football ... what can go wrong will go wrong and all that.

I hope the players and ETH see all this rubbish and come back twice as strong.

United coming back and dominating like a few years ago would upset so many in the media, I look forward to those days.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Have to say that some of the reactions from Liverpool pundits and fans had me fooled into thinking they'd won the PL and CL this season already...

tomaldinho1

Have to say that some of the reactions from Liverpool pundits and fans had me fooled into thinking they'd won the PL and CL this season already...
I think they’ll now have the issue we just had - over the top praise, flavour of the month, complacency setting in.

Betson

Every ex Liverpool player is coming out from under their rock on Sky Sports News.

I think their has been a complete over reaction by the media for what was a disastrous 45 minutes of football ... what can go wrong will go wrong and all that.

I hope the players and ETH see all this rubbish and come back twice as strong.

United coming back and dominating like a few years ago would upset so many in the media, I look forward to those days.
It is galling to see all the coverage alright but it is not an overreaction , it would be the same if we won 7 -0.

This simply should not happen to a big premier league side. We did not just fold , we completely gave up. The manner of which is almost unprecedented in modern times. Another 10/15 minutes of play and it would most likely have been 8 , 9 or 10 or even more. The only thing saving us from that was time.

It is by far the biggest story of the weekend , even over Arsenals late late show. But it should fade from the back pages soon enough as long as we don't spiral into a crisis.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It is galling to see all the coverage alright but it is not an overreaction , it would be the same if we won 7 -0.

This simply should not happen to a big premier league side. We did not just fold , we completely gave up. The manner of which is almost unprecedented in modern times. Another 10/15 minutes of play and it would most likely have been 8 , 9 or 10 or even more. The only thing saving us from that was time.

It is by far the biggest story of the weekend , even over Arsenals late late show. But it should fade from the back pages soon enough as long as we don't spiral into a crisis.
Ooh. Hadn’t thought of that. A crumb of comfort.

Gordon Godot

I agree, its a big reality check for the team and bit like the early City loss ETH needs to learn from this. There are quality issues and lack of depth but we should still get more out of what we have. And weghorst should not be part of that.

OmarUnited4ever

The bit that hurts the most is that we were outplayed and destroyed by Liverpool that has an underperforming Fabinho as DM, a spent Henderson, and inexperienced Elliot in midfield, with an attack that has Nunes who was missing sitters all seasons, and Gakpo who just arrived from the Dutch league, I am not saying they are not good players or anything like that, but this is not a prime Liverpool with prime Mane+Firminio+Salah front 3 and a prime Wjinaldom+Henderon+Fabinho midfield with prime VVD at CB & best combo FBs in TAA & Robertson, this is a Btec version of that Liverpool, and yet they smashed us7 nil !!!!