Post match v Liverpool

Tman

A game to forget. United must shrug it off and move forward.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
It's the worst performance in the history of the premier League from us.

Totally unprofessional. We talk about players being fined wages in a tongue in cheek manner, but that was it. I want to hear accountabilities and know why they lost their heads and stopped playing football. I don't want apologies.

wangyu

I genuinely had a good feeling going into this game. I guess I am just a big dumb fool.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
You should be banned just for this comment alone. What do you expect people to feel?
We were shit. What more is there to say? We'll bounce back from it and comfortably finish top 4. Done. Next match.

Superunknown

I'm more concerned that we stopped trying after 1-0. We started the second half extremely poorly and we were very sloppy with our passing, which then led to the inevitable mistakes which led to their second goal. The way we started that second half is what did it for us.

Nori-

Horrible result but doesn't effect us massively in the grand scheme of things.

Top 4 almost certain and FA Cup/Europa League on target.

We keep moving, let LFC worry about their top 4 scrap.

DevTheRed

Players look absolutely knackered.. mentally and physically.

Still no excuse for that performance, was the worst half I have ever seen. The fact that multiple senior players lost their heads just says it all really.

ThinkTank@Cafe

Appreciate the effort to play his own game at Anfield in 1st half. Too early. Oleball with Maguire and McFred was a much better game plan for the game.

Heinzesight

The worst 45 minute performance I’ve seen from us…I think we are allowed to be seriously fcuked off.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I’m a huge fan of ETH, but feck me, this is probably the worst managerial performance I’ve ever seen from a United manager. Absolutely fecking brutal.

A few random thoughts.

Dont think we will see Dalot play again for a while. Both fullbacks were atrocious but him especially.

Hopefully it marks the end of the Weghorst experiment. We cant carry such a limited player in games, even if he does run a lot.

It wouldn't surprise me if that's McTominay's last game in a United shirt.

Our attitude stank. We stopped playing at 2 and totally gave up at 3. ETH needs to address that and get them motivated again for next week.

Last time this happened ETH learned a lot, he will not make the same mistakes twice. There is a (very) small positive there.

Last but not least, it's a freak result in Liverpool's cup final. It changes little, they're a team on the decline and we are a team on the up. Don't get too upset.

siw2007

I felt like this game was a bit of a free hit as we have done a lot of the work to get top 4 already this season but the manner in which we lost that game today is unacceptable. This wasn’t a defeat about footballing ability, for 40min we were doing well but the way we capitulated was shocking and unprofessional. I was completely dismayed by the level of petulance and lack of concentration from the team in the 2nd half.

In what could have been a game where we could display the progress we have made, it’s in fact shown that when the chips are down, many of the bad traits we showed last season are still there. It’s a reality check and ETH is going to have to get this team going again.

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail
Bad day at the office. We played better than them in first half, but we lost the mental war. Klopp said good things about our players and they were humble which made us underestimate them going into it.

Then that mistake end of first half was pure luck. It gave them a goal and we never had a chance after that while scousers confidence went through the roof, our confidence was in shambles.

Shit happens, let’s move on. Positives: This will only make us stronger.

Ceteris

I've watched this lot against wolves, Brighton on two occasions, we pulled our pants down and just rolled over

Bruno should never wear the arm band again for this club

I don't even have the words to express my disgust with what we produced on that pitch

RedDevilRoshi

We’ve literally reignited Liverpool’s season. The confidence that lot will get now is huge, now that we have helped him them massively rediscover their inhalers.

SirScholes

I’ve defended ten hag but he should of shut up shop
SAF said the same when city hit us for 6, the team kept pressing when the game was dead

Al-T

Can't believe what I've just watched. Christ all feckin mighty. And against them...

Lecland07

No fight, no play in us today. I'm baffled why these were lacking to begin with, before the total collapse. No one winning 1st balls or 2nd balls at all. We were never in this today from the get go, and I will never understand this. The subs were horrible as well.
I think people are underestimating fatigue from some very tough games, recently. Liverpool, on the other hand, are essentially out of every cup competition (I doubt they can come back against Madrid) and only really have the PL to focus on now.

They have had some nice midweeks off, and it isn't like they have been putting much effort in this season.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I had a feeling before the game that Liverpool might give us a proper beating today. They were very dangerous against Real the firs 25 minutes, but the momentum went against them.
And to be honest even if we got great results our football was not really breath-taking.

However, never would I have thought it can be worse than 3-0. Depressing stuff.

R'hllor

ETH should collect all their phonse, give it to bus driver and send him home without team and staff, buy them bag of sandwich and slowly walk back to Manchester

stu_1992

I thought those days of being absolutely battered were behind us. Painful. I don't know what to put that down to, but it's shameful.

.Phil1968

Even when we were well off them in the 80s we turned up against that lot, players knew what that game meant to the fans and would never dare to give anything less than 100%. This lot, Jesus.

theatreofdreams777

I’m normally very optimistic, especially this season, but I feel like we’re due a loss at this moment in time.

I think Varane & Shaw will be out and we’ll see some defensive mistakes. I’d take a draw right now. Hopefully I’m wrong and we’ll somehow manage to win this one or at least get a point but even if we lose it’s not the end of the world. Just a bump on the road as we continue to improve day by day this season.
Before the game started I felt & just knew we would lose today as we were due a loss but definitely did not expect that heavy defeat & the scoreline. The game was not even that one sided for a long period but suddenly it turned very ugly.

Like I said pre match, it's not the end of the world and we should not overreact to this. Just forget the result, learn your lessons and move on.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
First half I think was quite evenly balanced but as soon as the second went in, the whole team fell apart. No structure, courage or leadership. No doubt ETH will front up for this as he should. What I don't want is bloody Instagram or Twitter apologies. A few of them rightly so should be benched for a game or two.

I'm also hoping that ETH does the right thing and some of the players pick up a few convenient injuries before this International break and get some of them rested.

moodyred

Can someone give me advice how to survive the week? I am as lost as those United players in Anfield.

Get In Scholesy

Hard to gauge the impact of this defeat currently.
How we play on Thursday will tell us all we need to know about this defeat and how it has impacted us.

Right now I’m curious to see what ETH has to say post match, as well as the players.

Some of them were an embarrassment tonight and absolutely have to bounce back