Post match v Liverpool

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Not bothered by a humiliating 7 -0 drubbing by Liverpool?

When did you start supporting Utd?

If we lose a pre season match to them I am almost punching the walls , I just cannot understand how any Utd fan could not be bothered by a defeat to them nevermind what today's shambles was, and there seems to be a few of them here.
I believe most of us are bothered, even disgusted at the result. But some don't let it ruin the entire season, realizing how bad we were just a season prior. It's not black and white like that. There are still positives to take and there are negatives to take (and this one is a massive one). People calling Ten Hag to be sacked and that Cup trophy means nothing now must be losing their minds.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

What areas need sorting in first XI this summer
Christ where to begin? This summer has to be RB, CM and ST.

Eventually need GK, CB, maybe RW if Antony doesn't wake the feck up. I never want to see that version of Bruno ever again either.

Christ so many bad performers.

wangyu

I haven’t been so down about a loss in many years because this one felt like a direct blow to the stomach. The last 10 years or so I half expected to get a good beating but this team I actually started to like for their winning mentality and will power. I almost feel I have been cheated by them.

croadyman

Christ where to begin? This summer has to be RB, CM and ST.

Eventually need GK, CB, maybe RW if Antony doesn't wake the feck up. I never want to see that version of Bruno ever again either.

Christ so many bad performers.
Worryingly club don't seem to see issues at GK/RB this summer yet blindingly obvious to the fanbase

croadyman

I haven’t been so down about a loss in many years because this one felt like a direct blow to the stomach. The last 10 years or so I half expected to get a good beating but this team I actually started to like for their winning mentality and will power. I almost feel I have been cheated by them.
That's more the distraught mentality I expect

Skills

Snitch
The only result that can put this ruthless mauling out of mind is if we end up winning the Europa. I can't see us winning it.
Nah. The champions League is the only trophy that can wipe out a result like this - and we're not in it.

Europa's a Micky mouse trophy in the grand scheme of things. This result is far more significant than us winning a Europa League

RedComet91

There's so much to unpack with that match I just don't even know where to start. After taking some time to think things over though, I think the issues were:

1. Fatigue. I'd say for a good few matches we have only been able to put one half of decent football together. In the second half, you could see our players trying to get the ball (at times) but Liverpool players moving like Usain Bolt in comparison. We just haven't been able to rely on some of the backup brigade as they're just not up to the standard, but the first team now look at breaking point.
  2. The bad habits from some players came back into the spotlight from last season, contributing to the battering. I believe that after the cup success that some players may have lost focus or started believing the hype.
  3. ETH, as much as I love the man, needs to go back to basics and play the players in their preferred positions. When things get tough, having them out there in different positions just makes things a little more difficult when you're looking for team cohesion to drag yourself back into a game.
Its clear there are still fundamental problems with the squad that need to be resolved.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Nah. The champions League is the only trophy that can wipe out a result like this - and we're not in it.

Europa's a Micky mouse trophy in the grand scheme of things. This result is far more significant than us winning a Europa League
No it's not.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I'm sure something like that is written in their contracts. Everybody signs contracts that include fines if you don't perform. Maybe your employer included it in your employment?
ETH said the players were unprofessional. You can fine employees for being unprofessional in their jobs. I guess for people like you it’s ok for players to put in that display and lose 7-0 to our biggest rivals because they don’t have clauses in their contracts.

rollingstoned1

When was the last time we conceded 7 goals and lost a game? This match felt a lot like the 6-1 loss to City all those years ago. Even in that match I didn't feel we were as bad as the scoreline suggested.

Ahmer Baig

Totally embarrassing. A lesson in humility. Two Liverpool players whose were the butt of joke by Man Utd supoorters scored 2 goals each (Karma). This result will become joke/ meme for ages to come. Dont even feel like getting out of bed today. Of all teams in the world it had to be Liverpool. Its not that Liverpool played great but the players downed their tools and need a big kick up their backside.

Josh 76

Manutd 2- 4 liverpool
Manutd 0-5 Liverpool
Liverpool 4-0 Manutd
Liverpool 7-0 Manutd

That’s 4 out of the last 5 league games.against these feckers.
It’s a fecking disgrace !

bosnian_red

What's the big deal about EL that I'm not seeing? CL losers drop down there.
It is a European trophy. It puts us in Pot 1 of the CL next year. We would be in the European Super Cup next year. All trophies are more meaningful than individual matches.

mu4c_20le

It is a European trophy. It puts us in Pot 1 of the CL next year. We would be in the European Super Cup next year. All trophies are more meaningful than individual matches.
Ok, I see the benefits, but I'd still give it up if I could reverse the result today, or at least change it to 2-0 or 3-0. I'd much rather take a humiliation from barca or betis.

Like the other poster said, only the title or CL can actually make one forget this.

bosnian_red

Ok, I see the benefits, but I'd still give it up if I could reverse the result today, or at least change it to 2-0 or 3-0. I'd much rather take a humiliation from barca or betis.

Like the other poster said, only the title or CL can actually make one forget this.
Saying you'd rather lose less badly in a random league game that will have little to no bearing on our final position in the table than actually win a European competition is crazy.

Redivy

Im assuming its the emotional accumulation of the season, you only lose 7-0 if something is off in the minds of players.

Could it be that after two great performances against Barca, a cup final win and then going into a rivalry game like this just been too much for a squad that besides 3-4 players had written off only a few months ago when ETH first came in?

It is so important that we have some sort of a mental reset now, we need to finish the year of strong. This result will be held over our heads for a long time, and fans will be bringing it up until we win another major trophy and can silence them.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
100% this. I hope we win it even if by a generous slice of luck

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I don't see how anyone can claim to be unbothered by receiving a mental blow vs the worst Pool side in 4 seasons.
Definitely not unbothered. Had to smash something up last night to let out the frustration but this wasn't as bad as the 5-0 last season. We are clearly in good hands with ETH and building towards something. We were the better team first half as well. The players lost the plot after conceding bad goals at awful times. Unacceptable and unforgivable but because of who we have in charge I'm not as concerned.

RedDevil@84

What's the big deal about EL that I'm not seeing? CL losers drop down there.
EL is a European trophy. Not an elite trophy, but we have not played at elite levels for years.
It is always bigger than an individual PL game, be it a derby or Anfield. Same with FA cup or even EFL. Losing to Pool at Anfield is just nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Inexplicable and unbelievable. We've been playing so well, it was impossible to see that result coming. Frankly, it's the worst result ever. I've never before seen United concede seven; six in one half, and that against a Liverpool side that has been struggling. Some of our players threw in the towel against our biggest rivals, which is unforgivable. We should never concede seven goals against any team, let alone that lot. All that recent good work destroyed in one game. I can't explain how it happened, but it's disgusting. The players should be ashamed, but are they?

kaku06

Woke up and not gonna lie it’s one of the worst I have felt supporting united. 7-0, SEVEN. Is this true that happened? I feel like cheated by these players. I question what’s the reality? These players performing for months or this kind of result by them? Seeing ten hag’s naivety has made me question a few things about him too. Bruno on the left? Shifting everyone to accommodate weghorst at number 10. Really? Letting Trent off the hook easily. You can’t do things like that at anfield. Absolute humiliation for us and for him as a manager. We were on a roll, ticking every box. What the feck just happened lads?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
There's a passage in Roy Keane's first book where he went in on the attitude of his teammates after we'd won the treble. This one here.

Kind of sad if a few of our players had this attitude after only winning the league cup.

I saw Bruno give up the ghost trying to tackle that 18 year old kid. I hope ETH rips him a new one.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
we are MU and we shall always have trophy ambitions. I am confident we will be contender next year. But this season, top 4 is our worth in the league.

And let's be clear. We may get top 4 and add other 2 trophies to this season, yet being trashed as a 3rd league team by Liverpool in our worst defeat since 1931 was a humiliation that will always hurt
Apparently not all the fans. Its as if having aspiration and ambition is now seen as a taboo for some fans.
Before the game was over yesterday, I got tagged by another united fan trying to rub in the fact that I dared to think we could win the league. As if thinking of getting more than the top 4 trophy with our current form and momentum was anything less than blasphemy.
Hopefully this attitude does not also transcend to the players, cause it is very worrying if it does.

mark clatternburg

Supports
Leicester City
EL is a European trophy. Not an elite trophy, but we have not played at elite levels for years.
It is always bigger than an individual PL game, be it a derby or Anfield. Same with FA cup or even EFL. Losing to Pool at Anfield is just nothing in the grand scheme of things.
The “Champions League”, already is the, “Champions and First Three Losers League”.

Marwood

Inexplicable and unbelievable. We've been playing so well, it was impossible to see that result coming. Frankly, it's the worst result ever. I've never before seen United concede seven; six in one half, and that against a Liverpool side that has been struggling. Some of our players threw in the towel against our biggest rivals, which is unforgivable. We should never concede seven goals against any team, let alone that lot. All that recent good work destroyed in one game. I can't explain how it happened, but it's disgusting. The players should be ashamed, but are they?
But we haven't. We've just been getting results. We've beengetting outplayed for big chunks of ganes, fortunate the opposition haven't taken advantage whilst being super clinical ourselves.

I've been saying this for a few weeks but the ETH hysteria has got to a few fans.