g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

EL D Europa League Round of 16 1st Leg

Manchester United 1:1 AC Milan

Post-match discussion

Thu, 11 March 2021

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Just the same shit all the time.

At least Amad scored. The only positive in yet another horrible display.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It's almost like clockwork. After a great result we go into the next game with a shocking mentality
Was based on lack of players more than mentality plus we should have scored more than one

drunkmonkmeth

Supports
Toronto FC!
poor all game really.. squandered some good chances but so did they.. in the end though..

another set piece goal..
another extra time goal conceded.

somethings just aren't improving. these mistakes we made consistently are beyond pathetic.

Canuckred64

Poor performance, Milan were the better team over all. Henderson should have saved that header, but it was no less than Milan deserved and United will have to play a lot better next week in Italy to advance from this tie.

snk123

Martial to be rated the worst player of the match even though nearly everyone was worse

Smores

Fair result i think. Sets up a good game next time.

Amad getting his goal makes it a good night. What a goal too.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Fair result.

We were shit. Need some players back.

Should be a good one next week.
Need some players back? We were only missing Shaw, Fred, Pogba and Rashford from the starting 11 of our best team and the first 2 came on off the bench. AC Milan were far more weakened tonight than us.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Football karma in full effect there.

Fair goal taken away for a nonsense handball and a blatant handball sets up the corner for them to score.

McTominay should've gone too. It was 12 vs 11 tonight with the ref on our side and we still couldn't win.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The drop off in quality with a few injures in this team is massive.

Yet another game where our weak centre midfield is exposed.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Not a very good game today. Henderson probably should have saved mind you it was at pace and point blank. He'd be the first to tell you though. Either way, we didn't deserve to win. Horrible game...

Pughnichi

I’m an advocate for Henderson given DeGea’s form.

But if DDG does that tonight in injury time It’d be meltdown on here. He simply has to save that. He gets a solid enough connection but just pushes into roof of net.

Irwin99

Good game that, despite the disappointment at the end. People not giving Milan credit-both teams are injury ravaged but I can see why they're second in Italy. They move the ball well from the back.

United will score over there and I fancied us to score tonight too even when Milan were on top. Should be a good return leg.

siw2007

Really average performance, poor result that puts us up against it going away from home. Well done to Amad for getting his goal, he looked really bright but overall it didn't look like a team out there tonight. Henderson will shoulder the blame for the late equaliser tonight, he will have to take it on the chin.

Going away to Milan and scoring an away goal is not a game I fancy, I hope that we have a bigger squad by then because we are looking thin now.

ash_86

Milan should have had more goals so should we. Fair result I guess. Need Pogba and cavani back.

dbs235

Can't believe it. Gutted. Feel like that could be us out now.

CallyRed

Milan played very well. Exposed how poor we are technically. A midfield of McT and Matic was always going to get exposed against technically good players

Sweet Square

Meh if you miss two open goals you can't complain about the result.

The last minute goal might be a good thing tbh as it forces us to go for the win in the San Siro

always_hoping

How many more times is this group of players going to concede a goal from a set piece deep into injury time.

On the match itself Milan probably deserved a draw and showed tonight why they have lost just once in 20 away matches in all competitions this season.

Uphill task to go through, especially if Rashford, Pogba, Cavani are out again.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Glad for Amad. Otherwise pretty nasty to watch.

FatherWolff

I do not have the privilege as the other trolls in the match thread. But I have watched all of Milan’s games bar two this season. Surprise boys! They know their second balls! Now watch their goal, how Mc’Tomney just stand there, and keep blaming Ole. You cnuts..

KennyBurner

Cant lie Ive tuned out this season. We are just an inconsistent wreck. Why cant our expensive defense just hold the door for the win? More importantly those subs cost us the game.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
So unnecessary to concede that goal. Now we will play our strongest team in the return leg with injuries increasing, 3 days before we play a well rested Leicester.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Weird subs, felt like we were content to just sit deep after scoring except that's never been a good way to see out games. Our midfield was diabolical today, we were terrible in progression and it caused us to lack any sort of control on the game. James is brutal as well, genuinely one of the worst dribblers at the club which is ironic considering he's a winger.

No clue why Bruno was taken off after he was dictating the game in the second half. Amad looks like one of the only players operating on a higher level. Great goal too. Greenwood I thought did about as well as you could hope considering he had no support after moving to striker.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I still think we get it done in the 2nd leg but really needs to defend crosses better. Awful defending once again. Hopefully Rashford or Cavani is back for the return.

laughtersassassin

Every time Ole make defensive subs to try defend a lead we conceed.

Like literally every time. Think of all the times he subbed Tuanzebe in and we conceeded.

No clue how to defend a lead it seems.

Dominos

The worrying thing is, this sort of game is fairly close to our usual standard of performance, much closer than the City game was.

Can't say the dreadful performance surprised me in the slightest.

DickDastardly

Bunch of losers.

Small time mentality.
Win away at city then crumble at home to some crap italian team....

Game raisers.

Half the team needs getting rid

largelyworried

Typical of the team under Ole, a great game followed by a poor one. Never really clicked, no rhythm and hard to find good individual performances. Shame for Henderson after this good run, but that's the gig at this level, no second chances.

Martialfc

Oles fault. Park the bus takes all attackers off goes ultra defensive which invites pressure. Everyone knows the best form of defence is attack. Absolutely shambolic.

Godfather

We've become a bunch of bottlers under Ole. The times we've conceded late from fecking set piece. Not that Milan didn't deserve it. We were crap from start to finish

Cpt Negative

Not a very good game today. Henderson probably should have saved mind you it was at pace and point blank. He'd be the first to tell you though. Either way, we didn't deserve to win. Horrible game...
pace and point blank aren’t words I’d use to describe that header

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 187 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • AC Milan win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 31% Man Utd 2:0 AC Milan