EL W Europa League Final

Ajax 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 24 May 2017

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Can't help but feel that is a massive result for Jose regardless of the Champions League prize

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
They are still singing Campeones in the changing rooms it sounds like from up here. They haven't stopped for ages.

youngrell

Pretty much every player was a 7/10. Well in lads.

It was so easy it was quite boring.

By the way has Fellaini ever controlled the ball badly on his chest?

RedMilo

Massive result and top performance all things considered. Thought Darmian was MOTM closely followed by Blind/Fellaini but all had a decent game.. Hope we land our top targets this summer and have a real punt at the league next season. Peace!!

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Watching a Mourinho team isnt something one does for fun is it? Easy win against a bunch of small children, but Mou's brand of football gives me kidney stones.
It's a tough one. I agree in the sense that when we went 1-0 up and we were playing with 10 men behind the ball it was almost a chore but if he rediscovers the way he had Madrid playing on the counter when he won them the league and transfers it to us with the requisite players then I'd be happy with that, they were staggeringly good to watch with the speed of it all at times.

Geekie

Not sure about other games when we played this kind of football but this one particular I really enjoyed watching. Defending is an art and today we mastered it beautifully (I felt the same vibe when watching Athletico playing against bigger teams but of course their opponents (Bayern or Real) are another level comparing to Ajax). For me United has never been (and probably never will be) good at possession-based football, and this style fits us best, especially in big games. Hopefully we could add swift and accurate counters to our play next season (and someone good at dictating)
Overall extremely proud how we handled pressure so well and absolutely elated with the win. GG United!

JackRed

The Mirror have a live stream of the press conference is it over or is something supposed to be upcoming as currently its just the press chatting amongst themselves in a dimly lit room... unnerving

AngliaRed

We could still add to our trophies by beating Real or Juve! Technically next season though but still..

MuranoLover

Ugly , beautiful , etc...this is not a woman , ffs , all it mattered was the win and this is how you win wars , when you win the battles in between , no matter how - the long term success of the club was based on a win in this final and CL football next year , removing lots of tension from everyone's shoulders , so now I am having a nice sleep and dreaming about what next season will bring us !

Great work , Jose , great work guys !

Geekie

I have to add that Fellaini was ridiculous to watch today. How on earth did he win nearly every high balls hoofed towards him like that? Did Ajax players simply give up and resort to dealing with him having the ball at his feet? Anyway he was MOTM for me, absolutely incredible.

Reactions: SteveJ

Akshay

Staff
If only Ajax had Uniteds budget. Shamefull stuff Mourinho teams lay on the pitch. So much talent, so little football.

Ofcourse Ajax has no chance they're a team of small children, but I wouldnt be proud of winning this bucketlod of dung Mourinho calls football.

Congrats though :-)
Watching a Mourinho team isnt something one does for fun is it? Easy win against a bunch of small children, but Mou's brand of football gives me kidney stones.
:lol: Love the Dutch tears! Keep em coming.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
Mourinho in. Asked what does this success mean. "Most important trophy of my career as it's the last one I won"

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
Speaking about tragedy. "Takes happiness from our win. We would immediately change this cup for the lives of the people if we could"

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
Asked about his family next in Portugese but I don't have translation kit no idea what is being said :lol:

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Congrats from a disappointed Ajax fan.
Thanks and you have a very good team who have done your club and fans proud. I hope you can keep them together. Hope we see you in the champions league.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Great performance, so composed and made it look so easy. Huge trophy for the club and signifies our return to the top.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
Asked about Zlatan next. "Its unfair what happened to him. It would be amazing for him if he was on the pitch. His home town. Really sorry about Zlatan. But he was playing behind the bench told the ball boys to take it easy in Swedish sexond half :lol:"

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
Mourinho: This bad season I felt like my team was worst in the world and I was worst managee in the world but in this season we won 3 trophies.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Any footage of the celebrations?

AndyMUFC

Job done! Well done to everyone and we did the city proud. Mourinho got his team and tactics spot on and it was a lot more comfortable than expected really. Completely nulified a team in Ajax that have scored over 100 goal in this season. Thought Fellaini was fantastic but everyone had a good game.

Champions League football next season sounds brilliant.

Reactions: SteveJ

Player Ratings

7.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 757 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Ajax win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 33% Ajax 1:2 Man Utd