EL D Europa League Quarter-Final 1st Leg

Anderlecht 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 13 April 2017

DevilRed

The result is decent. Let me say that first.

Now on to the rest.

We could have fecking slaughtered this team. We had at least 2 other chances to score goals but failed. Pogba. Lingard etc. all missing decent opportunities. No threat from set pieces as usual. We might as well take short corners because despite being a team of giants we do feck all.

Then to top it off we bring on fellaini again. Why? I dont know. He does feck all out there. Doesnt raise the level of our game at all in midfield. Second time this season he is directly responsible for losing us a goal right at the death. Lost his marker completely for their header. fecking disgrace. What else is he on there for other than to defend and head the ball. Cant even do that.

Mkhitaryan was a little to blame for not tracking back on their winger who put in the cross as well. Mourinho needs to open his eyes and realise that fellaini needs to be sold and never used again. I fecking pray every day we bring in at least 2 more central midfielders this summer.

We could have beaten them 2 or 3 and not conceded. Instead we make a terrible move in throwing on that big lump of shit and it costs us again.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Good first half, abysmal second half. Bunch of spineless bottle jobs. Again.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Should be comfortable 2:0 win without stress before Chelsea. Some of the most bizarre decisions on the pitch I've seen lately.

Exxxcalibur

Supports
Chelsea
Complete control and should have been an easy win for United against a vastly inferior outfit. Jose of course decides to sit back and invite pressure and hit on the (non-existent) counter-attack. United fans must be asking why do that against such "mighty" opposition as Anderlecht.

ZAGREB RED

On the face of it, not a bad result - I predicted it but don't take any satisfaction from that - but once again, quelle surprise, United draw a game against a mediocre team after going ahead then not killing the game off. Had it finished 2 or 3 nil I don't think that would have been harsh on Anderlecht, they are about the equivalent of an average EPL side.
Should still get through to the Semis, but United keep making life difficult for themselves.

Rajma

Jose is pass it, he can't build an attack and relies on individuals to come up with something, very poor.

Snafu17

Could've had a comfortable lead going into the home leg, but no, let's rather just role the dice a bit, three days after the Chelsea match.

Our inability to finish games off is incredibly frustrating.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Mourinho should be embarrassed. What the feck was that second half

This team would do nothing in the CL

Nickosaur

I could only manage to watch the first half. Thought we looked pretty good, was the 2nd half really that bad? Disappointing if so.

Art

Art the artist
I honest to god have no idea what Mourinho does in training with these lads. Every united player just wants the ball passed to him when he's free. Nobody makes a run, there's no movement except for the rare Mkhitaryan or Rashford effort. We could've easily thrashed this team 3-0 or 4-0.

JG3001

You guys are miserable bunch. Sure, it would have been nice to win the game, but 1:1 is not a bad result being away.
It's beside the point, it's the fact that it's the kind of draw that has occurred far too this season, and stems from pretty much the same tactics every time. If it was a one off I could forgive, but its bit us in the arse loads, and I can guarantee will continue to do so until the end of the season.

The_Order

Our approach to football seems to be to make life as difficult for ourselves as possible.

Bring on Fellaini to what exactly?

Why clam up after going a goal up with 45 mins left to play?

WTF happened to Martial?

I absolutely loathe our approach to football once we go ahead. We immediately think 'job done' and try to ride it out no matter how much time is left...

Raw

I fear the 2nd leg is going to be exactly like the Rostov one. Sitting back all game hoping for a 0-0.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Several folks were blaming (partly) Darmian for the Anderlecht goal too. I don't see it.
Nope, not a chance to blame him for the goal. It's on either Fellaini not tracking a runner from midfield or central defenders not defending a fecking cross.

RedDevil-85

feck that
Mous negativ tactics is really pissing me off.
They were there for the taking but he chose to play the coward card and it backfired.
All his own fault

So disappointing.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Disappointing to throw away that winning position, but 1-1 away is never a bad result in Europe.

Well, for most teams anyway. We're shit at home. We should have finished them off tonight, and coasted to a zombiefied 0-0 draw next week.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
We are still not converting chances into shots on target and shots on target into goals. We still need about ten chances to score. If that was Bayern or Spurs, they would have been three nil up by half time.

Frustrating to say the least.

What we need in the return leg is two quick goals to settle the nerves.

RedIke

Feels much worse than it really is. Not the best, 2nd half was below average for sure. They'll be ok. Well, except for Martial. What the hell has happened to him? Yikes

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Was a complete carbon copy of so many games this season. If we score Mou trys his best to win only 1-0, and the other option is we don't score atall.

Either way unless it's against a heap of shit like Sunderland we fecking draw!

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Would have taken a score draw before kick off, but this is a disappointing result after leading for most of the game! :mad:

Our attack is shit. Martial looks more like a £10m player now rather than £50m.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Should be comfortable 2:0 win without stress before Chelsea. Some of the most bizarre decisions on the pitch I've seen lately.
Don't know about you but I see this shite almost every game. Score a goal and forget playing football.

DevilRed

I just dont understand how a Manchester United team can be so poor in scoring goals. Its embarassing.

Get rid of shit like fellaini and darmian already. They are just not good enough.

Martial's confidence looks shot too. He is so predictable cutting in with his right foot all the time.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
How many times must we lose out on a victory trying to defend a lead before Mourinho learns.

This isn't his old Chelsea team, scoring one goal and then neutralizing the opponent isn't an option for us.

Sort it the feck out, Mou.

The Hungry Surgeon

Not a terrible result but that second half was absolutely pathetic. This team cannot put a game to bed when it counts.

Dinghy

Very good away-performance in Europe. I usually love a good moan, but this match was one of our best in 2017. I have no idea what game some of you've been watching. They had one chance and scored. We should have had 2-3 more. Pogba MoM

Andersons Dietician

Martial can't be that bone idol. Him not running in behind has to be by design. I find it hard to believe that a guy who wants to be a goal scorer would spend that much time out on the wing not committing people, not stretching them and seeming to care more about defending than attacking.

Carrick tho..... absolute silk. Some of the passes.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Seems to me that i watched some other game.
We controled whole game. Have 3,4 good chances to kill the game and they scored from their only chance.
Yes that goal hurts but i am happy. We will beat them at OT and we are in semi finals.

efraim

Can't be accused of being a gloryhunter
These types of games pisses me off. It feels like we have a bunch of cowards in our team. A team that shits their pants when there's just a teeney tiny bit of pressure. Yuck.

Good thing I'm not the manger of this team because I don't think I could take it, I would literally go crazy. I'm truly amazed with how Mourinho manages to stick it together and act normal. Truly amazed.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We acutally played decent stuff. But the attackers let down us again and subs didn't help at all

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Your attacking players seem so stupid at times. Several 3 on 3 ocasions and they fail to pick a pass. Could have finished the tie today.

Good result though and you'll still go through

leontas

Do we know how to attack in a systematic and effective way or do we go into each game kinda hoping for the best up front?

CyprusRed

Our team is an absolute joke. What are they on a football pitch for? No final touch, no final pass and no final shot! Just complacent, lazy and pathetic. Martial has pissed me off no end there. Pogba with another trademark finish falling on his ass one on one like a girl playing football for the first time! Misplacing passes, no attacking impetus. He puts Fellaini on for the final insult who loses his marker and puts them right back in this tie! This team is miles away from the top class and it's unacceptable. We will not win this competition and we will not get top four. It's a disgrace how casual we are in the final third. I am done expecting the mental minutest effort from this team.

Rashford and Lingard were kids out there again, btw. Impossible, just impossible to expect anything from this team of low-IQed zombies out there.

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 352 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Anderlecht win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% Anderlecht 0:2 Man Utd
  • 19% Anderlecht 1:2 Man Utd