g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

FA L FA Cup Quarter-Final

Manchester United 1:2 Arsenal

Post-match discussion

Mon, 09 March 2015

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
That's not a good reason unofficial. For long periods we were on top and had a good rhythm to our play. Unless there were injuries, we shouldn't have tampered with it. If any fecking United player reads this: "Stop passing back to the fecking goalkeeper so much." It was only a matter of time before it was going to happen. It's stupid and it cost us a real chance of winning the FA Cup. I hope all those stupid back passes were worth it.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I've finally settled down. One of our better performances clouded by stupid mistakes.

People are moaning about our second half but we were a man down against arsenal for god sakes. We had more control. They couldn't handle Fellaini at all but Fellaini had trouble making more of his knock downs.

Rafael should now get an appearance. Rooney should stay up top. Carrick is back. We must beat spurs.

Reducation

Au contraire. Sam is a superb manager. I'm confident he'd already have had United playing better than LVG has, given the same time and funds. I'm sure a lot of people would find it easier to believe in him if he were from continental Europe.
Regard the Roberto Martinez situation. He likes passing football and he's foreign, therfore he'll surely take Everton to great new heights, and David Moyes will be laughed into history, forgotten as the man who could only get Everton finishing consistently high in the table. Well, early days, fair enough, but he doesn't particularly appear to be on course to obliterating all appreciation for Moyes' achievements. We'll see.

If only Big Sam or Mark Hughes had a Spanish accent..

sunama

Baghdad Bob
2) Fellaini needs to be sold asap
Strange In the Arsenal game at least, I thought he was our best outfield player.
We were playing long ball football and when Fellaini got the ball, Arsenal players could not handle him. Basically, he brought about panic to the Arsenal defenders.
If long ball football is the way we are going, then we must buy some taller player to take advantage of this tactic.

If Fellaini is sold (and not replaced), we will have no plan B.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Strange In the Arsenal game at least, I thought he was our best outfield player.
We were playing long ball football and when Fellaini got the ball, Arsenal players could not handle him. Basically, he brought about panic to the Arsenal defenders.
If long ball football is the way we are going, then we must buy some taller player to take advantage of this tactic.

If Fellaini is sold (and not replaced), we will have no plan B.
Good. It will force us to work on plan A because neither plan A or plan B work.

We must not buy football players because they are tall.

POF

I can understand the reason for the sub. Herrera was booked in the first half trying to rectify Di Maria losing the ball in a dangerous area and LVG wanted to shut down the threat on Arsenal's left with a better defensive player. Herrera is quite a reckless tackler but losing him made the midfield very predictable.

If Shaw was injured he could have kept the midfield balance by moving Blind to left back. The subs weren't completely bizarre but hindsight is 20-20 and they didn't work at all.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I don't think he panicked. He just made unnecessary substitutions and got caught out by Di Maria's red card. If anything he was trying to be too clever and over-thought things.

dirkey

Only Shaw I believe. They are saying in the media that Herrera was tactical. There was no need at that time to take Herrera off. He did the same thing with Herrera in the first game of the season and ended up regretting it. If we started to struggle fine make a change. Half time wasn't right in this case.
Easy in hindsight. In reality, at half time in the match I was certainly thinking either of Blind or Herrera could go. I thought Arsenal were getting through the midfield at times way too easily. Blind looked completely sluggish and off the pace, and Herrera was just totally anonymous.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It hurt so much loosing to Arsenal, but on the other hand I saw enough to think we can beat them in the league game tbh. We gifted them the game in the second half, if we play like we did in the first we'll beat them.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Why does every bad decision LVG makes have to be connected or somehow compared to David Moyes' decisions ? its like there is no bad decision for a United manager anymore its either you are good or you "panicked like Moyes", even Fergie had off days would they have compared some of our abysmal performances under Fergie to David Moyes? not trying to make excuses for LVG who totally lost the plot against Arsenal though, i mean his substitutions sucked the life out of our game, we went from total domination to mediocrity

Roman Bellic

Prick
It hurt so much loosing to Arsenal, but on the other hand I saw enough to think we can beat them in the league game tbh. We gifted them the game in the second half, if we play like we did in the first we'll beat them.
I also like the little confidence it has given their fans, they will probably consider the match in April to be a foregone conclusion, i would be happy with a win, but a trashing would do us justice

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I wonder how much Michael Oliver took in bribes to decide to end his career so early?

Not sending off Bellerin was a huge joke, it was the clearest second yellow you'll ever see. Not to mention the numerous amount of 50/50s he gave in Arsenal's favor, refusing to book Coquelin, refusing to caution Ramsey a second time for throwing the ball away after a professional foul was called against him, booking 2 United players for "diving". Absolute fecking joke of a performance.
The dives were hilariously obvious, get a grip.

How many times is Fellaini allowed to foul before getting booked? Elbow to the Coq's nose nice and early drawing blood, yet nothing. Rojo hand over Welbeck's shoulder? Much more in that than either of ADM or Januzaj's efforts. Rojo's horrible tackle? etc etc. both sides can play this game.

Anyway moving on from your idiocy - de Gea is simply amazing.

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 467 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 38% Man Utd 2:1 Arsenal
  • 13% Man Utd 2:0 Arsenal