Post-match discussion

Mon, 09 March 2015

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
And that's the end of the cup run...

Raptori

Special needs
Thought this was one of our best performances this season... then the subs at half time completely killed our tempo and it all went downhill from there. First Arsenal goal was Valencia, Smalling and ADM all messing up, second was a shocker from Valencia. Our equaliser was a nice goal.

Horrendous second half, seriously disappointing result. No idea what the feck ADM was thinking with his dive and following meltdown, he really needs to cut that kind of crap out. He cost us any chance we might have had of an equaliser tonight. In spite of the feck ups, I think LVG's substitutions were a huge factor that lost us the game. If we had carried on where we left off at half time we could have been confident of outscoring them, as it is the subs lost the game for us.

Also, DDG truly is a god. If we lose him we'll be in serious trouble.

dsch

Game changed with the half time subs. This one has to be on LVG, if subs weren't forced by injury.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Several individuals completely let down what was looking like a win for us. Valencia should stay away from that Right back position, and Di Maria completely lost his head when we were behind.

Now time for us to enjoy attempting to scrape top 4.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Gifting goals, lack of chances created. Refereeing mistakes or not, this is what impacted the game the most. Di Maria had a couple of half-chances and Smalling one great chance shortly after a set piece. Open play football wasn't good enough yet again.

pseudo_canadian

Utter, utter garbage 2nd half. I don't think that could have gone any worse than it did.

LVG's horrible adjustments at half-time, and Antonio Valencia being a terrible and brainless footballer, have cost us this game.

fecking terrible.

John Blund

Guess Di Maria is a diving cnut playing for us as well. Good call by Marriner. Both that and the Janzuaj-dive.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
If tonight wasn't bad enough, we've got to support Arsenal for the rest of the competition now.

A trophy would have been nice for us fans but this squad doesn't deserve one.

Leg-End

Glad to be done with Danny Murphy's tutting everytime an Arsenal move broke down.

Winrar

Effectively a self flagellation job, Valencia gifting Welbeck the winner summed it up.

Congrats to Arsenal

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
We were actually decent at points in the 1st half. Di Maria was decent, and provided a good assist to an excellent Rooney header. We still looked weak at the back though. Di Maria often wasn't tracking back, which was a worry since Valencia's full-back positioning was poor. Their goal was an example of how much space we sometimes gave them.

I had reservations about bringing on Carrick for Herrera since I feel that Carrick and Blind are too similar. Our play got poorer, and Di Maria was idiotic. Minor offence, but can't blame the ref for sending him off. Our play was incredibly poor by the end. Some very sloppy passing, and our defence remains very weak.

Sam

Utter shite throughout.

We don't even look like a team.

Revan

Assumptionman
We managed to out-Arsenal Arsenal. Had the entire game in our hand, lost a few matches then Valencia went full retard and gave them a goal. Di Maria was jelous on him and thought to do even better and got sent off by giving the referee no other chance but to sent him off.

Van Gaal should feck off for playing consistently some technically atrocious players like Valencia, Fellaini and Young. Di Maria should feck off for doing what even a 7 years old child should know that it is guaranteed to sent you off.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
If we'd have lost and carried on playing the way we did in the first half, then I would have said fair enough but Mr cautious LVG changed the game and tried to be more defensive. He's a joke in terms of a Manchester United manager. I want him out.

Mainoldo

Entertaing tie. Stupid mistake from Valencia and the red ruined it.... Nothing else to moan about.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Devastated. This match had more an effect me on than it should.

Di Maria is an absolute moron, who's also pretty bad at football recently, but that ref's a massive turd as well.

justboy68

feck the FA cup anyway, doesn't hold any significance these days. Really shit way to lose though. It really was like we were Arsenal and they were United in games of old.

bleedred

Shall we all just blame the ref and ignore our incompetent performance...

Mali_Zeus

Dont mind my comments cause I'm pissed, we need a completely new back four ( or Rafael back ) and ADM can piss off to PSG as far as I'm concerned.
And if there were no injuries LVG subs were to say the least strange.

I've said it before but I'll try to do it again. Wont watch any of our games till the end of the season cause its too painful and I'm too fu.king nervous to watch it. Will avoid this forum, facebook and anything related to United.

I need my inner peace.

Oh yeah, Welbeck is a cu.t.

dsch

We should really stop playing Fellaini. He gets a free kick awarded against him every time he goes near someone. Regardless of how justified it is, it's just not smart to keep playing such a liability.

NessunDorma

Subs basically lost us the game, because I thought we were well on top until they were made, and looking dangerous. If they were down to injuries, okay. If they weren't, it has to go down as a misjudgement from Van Gaal.

legball

Good first half, stupid substitutions and puff, everything goes down the drain. I've had enough now. And do we have the thickest set of players in the PL, what was Di Maria thinking? You have just taken a dive [like always], rightly gets called out for it with a yellow and you've hit the referee from the back? Lost for words!

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Played ok enough, but cut our own throats. Stupidity by Valencia, and later by ADM.

Not many positives to find just now. At least Carrick is back. I would have said that ADM played a bit better, but now we lose him again.

JonDahl

This is what happens when you sub Herrera.

And when will people finally admit Valencia is dogshit? Being "great" physically is not a reason to be a Manchester United starter.

So much shit, tonight.

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 467 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 38% Man Utd 2:1 Arsenal