PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Arsenal

Post-match discussion

Sun, 17 May 2015

World Game

There's been a trend with our second half collapses, maybe something to do with fitness? Our players always seem to fatigue faster than the other team. Probably more to do with the fact that we have some potatoes in the team, feels like we are playing with 9 or 10 men at certain times.

caid

Soft goal let us down.
Was a good performance otherwise.
We were better with blind back in midfield.

dsch

- Rojo is not a left back. He's been very sloppy.

- Blind is soooo slow.

- Getting the slightly terrifying feeling that Falcao may have done almost enough to make buying him somewhat plausible.

- De Gea would have saved that.

- Jones doing the Tevez manoeuvre. :lol:

- Frustrating not to win this, but it was so obvious Ramsey on the right wasn't working for them in the first half. Surprised it took that long to change.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Don't like talking about luck but three straight games where the only goals we have conceded has come from deflections, that really is shit

Jacob

Arsenal was always going to win those last two home games anyway. Bring on two nervy CL qualifiers!

LeftyBlaster

Once again our lack of directness on the right wing and the lack of a technical striker with real pace exposed.

Happy with the way we dominated things but not happy that we didn't go for jugular.

Ainu

Any chance of 3rd thrown away, very disappointing. We lost all control in the second half, not the first time this season. This needs adressing. Perhaps teach our players the offside rule as well, never seen so many offsides by one team in a game.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Another crap performance which typifies our season.

So much promise, so little end product.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
LVG's substitutions have not really helped us this season. He's gotten it wrong more ofthen than not this season. I understand that Rojo was losing the ball too often, but he was making some crucial clearances. Bringing on Blackett, especially on the back of his last poor performance, was a poor decision and it backfired.

OneUnited24

Good game but the season ends in a whimper :(

Those back to back defeats vs Everton and West Brom really killed any chance we had of a top 3 finish which is annoying but if you'd given me top 4 at the start of the season i'd have taken it. Onwards and upwards.

PS i hope Blackett is sold in the window... never since Miller have i seen a player who looks so out of depths in a United shirt

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Didn't kill the game off when the usual Arsenal turned up for 60 minutes. Our fault. 1-1 was a result both teams settled for.

Herrera superb. Rojo and Jones poor on the ball. Young poor low crosses but very good in every other department.

Satisfactory result that should have been better.

Bye bye Radamel. The beautiful dream that never fulfilled its potential. Bye bye David?

Hed Zitin

OK performance. Subs wrecked it, but Valdes was forced.

Young has been superb. Herrera was great. If Valencia could cross he'd be good enough for us.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Also hard to believe that people are being so negative about this, we were so much better than I expected. Can't wait for next season

hbgreg

Frustrating not to win, we played very well for most of the game, I thought LvG's subs were good (Rojo was being caught out often before he got tired and injuries ((Shaw+Rooney+Carrick)) force him to make the Blackett sub). I enjoyed watching it.

It came down to once again not taking our chances in the box and that is on the strikers than anyone else.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Thought it was a positive performance. First half was excellent, as was the beginning of the second. We dropped too deep then, plus Arsenal pushed us well, got to give it to them. I thought we deserved the win but, ultimately, had no luck - missed a few good chances, DDG injury, Rojo's fitness, deflection etc.

The subs were spot on, really. Just didn't work for us. Falcao was our worst player and Rojo was getting tired, plus looked rusty all game. No complaints there.

Mister_Stubbs

Okay performance, disappointing result given the first half dominance. Falcao worked hard as ever but just isn't doing what he is getting paid to do. RVP seems a shadow of his former self, we need a striker this summer badly. Tyler Blackett shouldn't be anywhere near the first team and it was a sad way to see the last of DDG at Old Trafford. On the bright side Ander Herrera was good again and Ashley Young were terrific.

Overall despite having a somewhat depleted squad we dominated the game against a team that most say will be right up the top next season (I myself don't see it, it's typical Arsenal playing well when the pressure is off) and given our record against the other top sides this season, at home especially there is a lot to look forward to next season.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
There's been a trend with our second half collapses, maybe something to do with fitness? Our players always seem to fatigue faster than the other team. Probably more to do with the fact that we have some potatoes in the team, feels like we are playing with 9 or 10 men at certain times.
You're questioning the fitness first now? There are so many injuries that players constantly fall out of form, especially in defense. So many substitutions this season wasted on a CB or a LB that has just returned from injuries.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
How come we play so good in the first half and then look clueless in the second?

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
- Rojo is not a left back. He's been very sloppy.

- Blind is soooo slow.

- Getting the slightly terrifying feeling that Falcao may have done almost enough to make buying him somewhat plausible.

- De Gea would have saved that.

- Jones doing the Tevez manoeuvre. :lol:

- Frustrating not to win this, but it was so obvious Ramsey on the right wasn't working for them in the first half. Surprised it took that long to change.
We might be saying that quite a few times next season. Better get used to it.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Annoying. Should have won. Subs killed our rhythm, again.

The DDG injury seemed a bit odd. Didn't see how it could have happened. Keepers don't tend to get injured unless they get clattered. Seemed to go to sit on the bench, but then went down the touchline. He's played every minute of every game, then goes off in the final home game. I'm reading far too much into it, but it seemed weird.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
Good first half, a bit meh second. Disappointed with Arse's goal, really bad defending on Blackett's part, first the offside trap gone wrong, then a little unlucky I guess.

Both RvP and Falcao were disappointing, we need a change up front next season alongside Rooney.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Such a weird game. We played well, much better than our last four games but we didn't go for it enough in the second half and tried to see it out. Admittedly it was working to an extent and in the end it was a deflected goal that cost us but we should have got a second. A lack of a decent striker was probably our biggest downfall.

On a side note, did that game feel really muted for anyone else. Games against Arsenal are supposed to get you excited but it felt like we were playing West Brom or someone similar. Maybe it's because the game had very little meaning outside an extra qualification game but then even last years matches didn't feel so flat and we had feck all to play for.

yamo123x

Deeply unimpressed again creativity and threat up front was non existent.

Falcao is clearly not staying.

Herrera, Jones and YOung did well again .

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
Annoying. Should have won. Subs killed our rhythm, again.

The DDG injury seemed a bit odd. Didn't see how it could have happened. Keepers don't tend to get injured unless they get clattered. Seemed to go to sit on the bench, but then went down the touchline. He's played every minute of every game, then goes off in the final home game. I'm reading far too much into it, but it seemed weird.
Well, he didn't wave like Falcao.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Valdes was right to be on his toes and crouched to intercept a low cross. At fault only for reactions post the deflection. Could have done more. 65% bad luck, 35% his error. Let's not scape goat him.

togg

How come we play so good in the first half and then look clueless in the second?
I think it's more of a question as to how the other team change their tactics when they are being dominated. LVG is still on probation about that. He doesn't seem to have the tactical speed at the moment to change things to counteract what the other manager has done to improve their position. I'm hoping it's that he doesn't have the resources at them moment...but I'm hoping that will change.

DevilRed

Really unlucky result. We had them for most of the match but failed to capitalize on our chances. Thought we defended well and they obviously were lucky with the deflection.

Considering that we didn't play Rooney, ADM, Carrick or even RVP (for the full match) we actually did quite well.

Still, its clear to see we need better players if we are to challenge for the title next season. You can't have the likes of Fellaini or even Blind playing in midfield every week and expect to win a title. Even throwing on Blackett was a major error on our part.

Ibi Dreams

Very harsh to blame Valdes for that. The ball deflects and changes its trajectory after he's already made his movement to get to it, pretty weird to assume any other keeper would for some reason be able to save it

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Summed up our business end of the season really. Looked promising with some really nice football and good results as well but then injury and defensive calamity. We need to be much more clinical really. But I can see that we are heading the right direction.

Man of the Match

Ashley Young image Ashley Young 65% of 679 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 463 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw