g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

PL W FA Premier League

Arsenal 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 02 December 2017

dichinero

What a wow!

Lucky, lucky, lucky but we have De Gea to counter that. Awesome player.

Baby Groot

Before you all start complaining there is only 1 stats that matter who scored more goals and in that objective United was better. 3-1
I suspect Wenger is delighted with 75% ball possesion and 1 goal compaired to United 3

vibe

If there was ever a reason to give a player 10/10 in the post-match rating, it's now for De Gea.

Waynenmads

Too stressful!
De Gea is on another level to any other keeper
3 points!
Need to calm down and maybe compose a better post!!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Great result, but it was too much backs to the wall. We were fortunate to have DDG between the sticks and some great last ditch tackles. Shouldn't be that way but il take it.

Will need to be much sharper versus City.

PeteManic

Great win. De Gea is our most important player on the pitch since Keane.

Smores

Fantastic game of football. Felt like our games of old that.

Pogba a huge loss which is a sore note but for now I'm going to enjoy the win

marktan

Soured by Pogba's red, meaning we'll be missing once again for a big game this season (Arsenal barely counts).

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Pity about Pogba. Nothing malicious in it. He was going for the ball. Seemed to defend better with ten men than with 11.

Brophs

The One and Only
Great game of football that. Obviously it was utterly mental and on another day we could have lost 13-8 but we'll take that. Fair dues to Mourinho. I thought he got our set up right today. Once we got to 2-0 Arsenal just rolled the dice and anything could have happened.

krazyrobus

DDG doing his usual superman impersonation but what in the world is going on with Young and Lingard. They been on some frog juice or something, played pretty well in 2 matches in a row!

nokoya

So so happy with the result but not with Pogba red.

Fantastic performance by DDG :drool::drool:

Untied

Wenger's in-game management is awful. Let us off the hook.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Fantastic game of football, both teams gave it their all and the better team won in the end, if it wasn't for De Gea being a god we might have lost, he deserves the best beej ever after that performance. Lingard and Pogba, fantastic, the Lingard haters can shove it up their arses.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Phew. As someone has already said, that was exhausting.

That's two in a row now where the team has put my through an emotion rollercoaster. Can we start winning comfortably again please.

Macern

Pee pee pants
It’s such a shame that Pogba is out vs City. It just ruins it for me tbh. We’re so poor without him. If someone offered me a draw in this game and Pogba not being banned for City I’d seriously think about it.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Only real minus is the Pogba red. Big miss for the next three games starting with City.

We were against the ropes for a lot of it, the defending was more courageous than composed, but we won.

De Gea is very special.

Shout out to Jesse. Where are the haters now?

Dante

Average bang
I thought we defended terribly. The clearances were poor, the distribution was poor, the line was too deep and the shape was all wrong. What saved us was a fantastic goalkeeping performance and packing the box with numbers. Very happy with the result, but if we do the same thing in the derby, we'll pay the price. Playing with a back 3 doesn't suit the players' mindsets.

Very impressive performances on the counterattack. Lukaku and Lingard are such clever players. Martial was excellent as well. Pogba was great until the card. Young and Valencia were very good. Matic has been in bad form for a while. He needs to turn it around soon.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
Genuinely horrible performance overall by us. And I never say this. But yielding 75% possession to the other team after taking a early 2 goal lead, making it difficult on ourselves, sitting back and defending like Huddersfield or Birghton. Truly...how the mighty have fallen.

If the world has seen this game, they have seen United being battered by Arsenal.

Great result and amazing attacking play by us when we had the ball. The very few times we had it, we made it count.

But, this victory belongs to David De Gea more than anyone else. Without him in goal, we weren't winning that.

It hurts to see us play like this everytime after we take the lead. It's frustrating!

Pogba's red was unfortunate. Hope he can appeal that as it didn't look intentional to my biased eyes. Three more games without him, with one against City, will be a difficult battle.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Felt like watching game of thrones and taking a shot every time someone dies or are snarky.
Glad it's over, great result. Fantastic game by quite a lot of our players with De Gea & Lingard being proper standouts.

Ludens the Red

Great result considering Arsenal's home record. Counter attacking was devastating at times, could have been even better had Lukaku not turned into a donkey in the second half. Spoiled with Pogba's stupid red which probably ends the tiny hope we had of beating City next week. But we're 7 points clear of 4th and IMO that's a more realistic goal for us this season.

SnowRoll

Bittersweet
Insane match. Insane ref. Insane DDG. Insane how much we'll miss Pogba next vs City.

AshRK

Wow what a win. 3 beautifully taken goals. Proud of our team

Charlie Foley

DDG best player in the league. If a keeper can be the best player in a league.

Good day for us-a big 3 points at an away. 7 points clear of 5th and 8 clear of 6th. I know we have bigger aspirations than that but top 4 looks like it will be a dogfight and we need to avoid getting sucked back into that.

Shame about Pogba.

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 84% of 930 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 695 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win