g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

PL W FA Premier League

Arsenal 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 02 December 2017

peridigm

Positive performance from all except maybe Lukaku. He's in a funk. Lingard in great form. DDG was his usual self. Unlucky for Pogba. Huge miss for Derby.

MOTM split between Lingard and DDG but I'm giving it to DDG for his worldly saves. Well done.

Smores

The anoraks will be on shortly to tell us how shit we were of course and how Jose must go

Kapardin

It was a great game for our attackers, but our defenders were below par. Too many times they were too eager to just clear the ball and hoofed it straight to Arsenal players, bringing the pressure back on.

3 points, won by 2 goals against a top 6 rival. I am not going to hear a word against Mourinho or the team.

Table's taking shape nicely. We are leaving Arsenal and Spurs in the dust, and Liverpool are still some way off. Only Chelsea can give us competition. We can't look up until City stutter, and with the Pogba red card, no idea which version of our team will turn up next week.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Arsenal are piss funny. Such a shit club. Pogba is the great centre mid on the planet.

AkaAkuma&

Great win, slugged it out at the emirates where we haven't won in 3 seasons. But that Pogba red just took the Hershey's kiss out of the win. Pogba out against City will cut our chances by at least by 50% to win the game at OT. Now Jose has to come up with one of his master class game plans to nab the points against City next week to close the gap, or kiss the tittle bye bye. Overall exciting match.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I am not against parking the bus but this was awful. If you park the bus, park it like against liverpool. I can't believe that we won. Where was our midfield this game? We played like burnley.
Also- de gea is the ... i don't have right word

NotQuiteManc

DDG earned his paycheck tonight.

If Ozil comes to United, and goes missing in big games, Lingard is the man to replace him. Scores important goals.

Lindelof making it more and more difficult to choose who will be the first choice CB.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
It had everything. Have to build on it v City next week.

UTDbornfan

Every single player played as if there life depended on it, great match great result but Pogba missing the Derby FECK ME

ManUtd1999

Great win. Brings memories from past battles between Arsenal and us.

Pogba with an unnecessary (but deserved) red card, but with two assists to his name. I would take a 3-1 at the Emirates every day, even if we had to defend most of the time.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Congrats United fans.

A lose against Mourinho never feels good, but can't blame the performance.

Defensive errors cost us the game. Just win against City and i'm fine.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Here's a tip: Anyone going on about possession and how Arsenal deserved a point out of the game because of that is an idiot.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That could have ended up any score, but the main thing is we scored 3 goals away to a top side in the league.

The last 2 years we haven't looked like hardly scoring at all in any of these games, it just shows that if you actually try and attack you can get the result!

We look so much worse when we just sit back and conceded possession, it took for them to score before we remembered we can go up the pitch and attack too, and funnily enough we scored again. In fact it also helped us control the match better.

I wish Jose realised this, keeping the ball away from your goal is the best form of defense surely!

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Great win but really don't know how we managed it.

DevilRed

Great result. Some shaky defending from Rojo (and Darmian penalty decision) but cant complain. We were clinical in the first 10 minutes and then executed our gameplan pretty much to perfection. Their goal was a result of poor positioning by Rojo but you cant win them all. The third goal we scored was a thing of beauty made by Pogba. Such a shame we wont have him against citeh. Its going to be an uphill battle against them without our key player.

It just seems like they want to make it as difficult for us to win the league as possible. That was NOT a red card and bellends fecking leg was on the ground, where else was Pogba supposed to land his foot?

The Mad Manc

Last two games have been edge of your seat stuff. Brilliant to watch. Pogba sending off (righfully so) has soured it a bit but really enjoyed that win. Always love beating Arsenal. DDG world class again and Jesse really finding his place in this side.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Positive performance from all except maybe Lukaku. He's in a funk. Lingard in great form. DDG was his usual self. Unlucky for Pogba. Huge miss for Derby.

MOTM split between Lingard and DDG but I'm giving it to DDG for his worldly saves. Well done.
If this Lukaku in a funk, I'm in. He's contributing more than ever in our build up play.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
De Gea should have the highest wage at United. He deserves it. That is all.

Raw

Also worth noting that Arsenal hadn't dropped a single point at home this season before today, conceding 4 and scoring as many as us.

All this and considering Mourinho's poor record in away games against top teams, it's a mighty fine result. And it wasn't boring either!

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Great to win there anytime.
Hugely exciting game.
Pogba’s red and Lukaku’s dire form the only downers.
Kudos to Lingard & DDG.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
There's no better goalie in the world right now that David De Gea...and he plays for Man United! One of the best games of the season so far! Everybody writing United off beforehand makes the victory even sweeter!

And it's always satisfying ending Arsenal runs!! :lol:

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
The red card....arrrghhhh. Good counter attacking football but that was not the typical Mourinho defending performance. We had very little control and need to improve there. Need Bailly and Jones back for derby. At least valuable 3 points to increase cushion on Arsenal and Spurs.

ajay1002

Brilliant game. Thought Pogba's red was harsh - he literally had no way of avoiding the contact. No chance the FA will ever say a ref's decision against Utd was incorrect though. De Gea - there are no words

Reactions: SteveJ

Crimson King

They were giving the ref a lot of credit but I actually think he got the 2 big decisions wrong.

I don't think it was a red card, it's 50-50 and his foot barely comes off the ground. It looked a lot worse than it was, some of the full blooded challenges by Xhaka and their LB were far more dangerous, but are considered fine because they get the ball first. Doesn't make sense to me.

And they should have had a pen at the end there when Darmian caught Welbeck. No idea how the ref missed that one.

Great win, but a strange performance. DDG the hero.

Giggs86

Roses are red, violets are blue, Mourinho owns Wenger.
Cracking game, men vs boys as per usual.
Pogba paid the price of winning, funny how Arsenal were less dangerous vs 10 men than vs 11.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Thats why we are Manchester United. Crucial victory that should do wonder for our confidence.

No matter what Arsenal did, I knew we has the quality and heart to twat them away, as we did with our counterattacks.

Treble

I praised Jose in his thread for the brilliant counter attacks. But it wasn't a great team perforrmance tonight. Individual moments of world class brilliance by DDG and Pogba won the match. Arsenal were all over us for about 80 minutes.

Happy for Jesse too. Great win. Shame for the red card.

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
we should have won that game by a countrymile. Cricket score stuff.

typical mou bus and wait for a loose ball counter attack and hope for the best performance, but have to commend on united strikers for taking full advantages.

difference between two teams tonight was being clinical in front of goal. That said, you guys will get demolished vs city if you were played off the park by us when we got outplayed by city only a few weeks back.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Difficult to analyse a game like that considering you are very rarely going to find yourself up 0-2 away from home at a stadium that has become a fortress for the home side. It’s not a surprise the game turned out the way it did, espcially when you consider modus operandi of each of the two managers.

Second half we were much better defensively when we pushed our back line outside of the box. Arsenal could chip crosses all they want, but you are going to need a very special header to generate the power on soft crosses that are met just inside the box. Matic was immense seocnd half too. He’s dropped off recently but was in his element being the composed headcleaning up and starting off counter attacks.

De Gea’s performance was one of the best I’ve ever seen for any side. The first 10/10 I’ve given on here.

Just to add: first half was stressful, but second half wasn’t all that, especially after the third goal. We became much better at only allowing Arsenal to have the chances we were happy for them to have.

Martin(6)Buchan

We have had some great keepers and DDG is up there with them, great win spoilt by the sending off.

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 84% of 930 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 695 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw