g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

PL W FA Premier League

Arsenal 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 02 December 2017

Toddler

I seriously don't know what to make of this game. Horrible, horrible to watch other than our nifty counter attacks that worked pretty well.

Have you ever seen a "top" team to play like this against top sides (chelsea & arsenal etc) and then win something great? I don't know, maybe mourinhos Chelsea 2011 champions league winners? Can someone honestly say that we were the better team? Okay, we won so yeah we were "better", but in reality I don't think so. They could have had many more goals.

For the first time I have to say that I am not pleased how this team is playing tactically against top sides, but I am happy for the points. This is not how a great team plays. Maybe we are not great? I don't know, weird and frustrating game. I don't think the players either were that content on how things were turning out on the pitch, you could see Pogba being so frustrated at times, and martial and pretty much everybody.

Maybe it was just mourinhos magic and perfectly executed plan? I would not be so sure about that.

Btw we have the best goalkeeper in the world...

Denis79

I seriously don't know what to make of this game. Horrible, horrible to watch other than our nifty counter attacks that worked pretty well.

Have you ever seen a "top" team to play like this against top sides (chelsea & arsenal etc) and then win something great? I don't know, maybe mourinhos Chelsea 2011 champions league winners? Can someone honestly say that we were the better team? Okay, we won so yeah we were "better", but in reality I don't think so. They could have had many more goals.

For the first time I have to say that I am not pleased how this team is playing tactically against top sides, but I am happy for the points. This is not how a great team plays. Maybe we are not great? I don't know, weird and frustrating game. I don't think the players either were that content on how things were turning out on the pitch, you could see Pogba being so frustrated at times, and martial and pretty much everybody.

Maybe it was just mourinhos magic and perfectly executed plan? I would not be so sure about that.

Think we played great until the 2nd goal, went way to defensive after that but it worked so I'm pleased.

Kapardin

That's actually the point. It means we were better. Can you say Arsenal's attack worked well? Or that their defense worked well? No.

Lighten up. It was a good game and we were the better side because Arsenal couldn't cope with our counterattacking, while we could cope with their attack and crush their defense as well.

Fridge chutney

Also, put it this way, if Romero was in goal, you'd have conceded 2 goals more at minimum. On top of the stonewall penalty that should have been given.
So bitter. The fact of the matter is, it took Arsenal going down 2-0 to throw the kitchen sink at us. You pulled one back and then we scored 5 mins later.

We were up by 2 goals for 70+ minutes away from home, yet arsenal were unlucky. Heard it all now :lol:

Fridge chutney

Have you ever seen a "top" team to play like this against top sides (chelsea & arsenal etc) and then win something great?
We were defensively questionable because we were missing our top 2 centerbacks. The rest of our performance was great.

Have I seen top winning teams go to a rival ground and win by 2 goals? Of course. Stop being so sensationalist.

daveoliver91

The game of the season for me. And a really enjoyable game for a neutral fan. Goals, red cards, tackles, plenty of chances, great counter attacks and two teams willing to take the 3 points.
It's true we parked the bus, but that was Mourinho's plan since the first minute. We had our chances and we took them. Plus we have the best keeper in the world.

Really pleased with the team, especially David & Lingard and a shame that Pogba got a red card, he'll be missed, especially this Sunday.

Now time to focus on 2night's game!
Cmon United!

Virror

How is it natural that a team that is 2-0 up looks to close up shop and look for odd opportunities, instead of trying to dominate and kill the game off. You wouldn't see that from the other top teams.

Also, put it this way, if Romero was in goal, you'd have conceded 2 goals more at minimum. On top of the stonewall penalty that should have been given.

No one is finding solace in city being ahead of united. Don't put words in my mouth. I don't even like city, but I can tell when a team is better than the other. Both you's and city beat us 3-1, but the manner in the win is world's apart.
Nah, Romero is quality, and Arsenals shooters are not quality, maybe one more goal for you if he plays

AXVnee7

How is it natural that a team that is 2-0 up looks to close up shop and look for odd opportunities, instead of trying to dominate and kill the game off. You wouldn't see that from the other top teams.

No one is finding solace in city being ahead of united. Don't put words in my mouth. I don't even like city, but I can tell when a team is better than the other. Both you's and city beat us 3-1, but the manner in the win is world's apart.
The salt is real and unfortunately for you it's inhibiting you from making any real valid points.

Firstly we didn't shut up shop, we set up to counter attack, and we actually had multiple opportunities to add to our lead. You would see something similar from Chelsea to name another top team.

If Romero was in goal, you have absolutely no idea what would happen. It's all conjecture on your part. If Bailly and Jones were fit you wouldn't have scored at all - see I can do it too! I don't really get your point here. DDG plays because he's our best keeper. You do know it's actually his job to stop you from scoring right? If you have 30 odd shots and score 1 goal, then your attackers need to take a look at themselves.

And actually yes you are finding solace in City being ahead of United. You just did it again. 'You may have beat us, but City are better/will beat you on Sunday'. Man City has no relevance to our match except in the context of the title race. Not that this is what happened, by any stretch of the imagination, but if you had beat Spurs in the "fashion that we supposedly" won then none of you would give a toss. As it is we put in a great performance at the Emirates and deservedly got our 3 points.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!

Only Arsenal could lose 3-1 at home and still being considered unlucky.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
An Arsenal fan completely ignoring the reason why United sat back was because they were 2-0 up. As if they are so good that they would hold United back if it was 0-0. The funny thing is that you saw the United approach in the first 20 minutes and they completely dominated Arsenal in the first 20 minutes.

Toddler

That's actually the point. It means we were better. Can you say Arsenal's attack worked well? Or that their defense worked well? No.

Lighten up. It was a good game and we were the better side because Arsenal couldn't cope with our counterattacking, while we could cope with their attack and crush their defense as well.
Yeah, I guess I should lighten up. But I just can't shake the feeling that we escaped losing this game only because arsenal wasn't clinical and De Gea had a super game. I guess we will see where we stand after the weekend against City.

Cheers

Abhinav

We played a perfect tactical game and carried a threat throughout the match. We have played similarly against Arsenal under Fergie previously and have come out on top.The only reason we conceded so many shots was due to the inability of our centre backs to clear the lines. With our first choice centre backs/ centre backs in better form, we would have restricted Arsenal to long rate shots.

When a team of Arsenal's attacking quality decides to go all out so early in the match, it would be foolish for the opposition to try and play an open game while sitting on a 2 goal lead. All we needed to do was defend resolutely and counter effectively to win the match from then on, which we did to a reasonable extent.

el3mel

Agree with this. City needed 2 offside goals to defeat you while we we didn't. Our win is more legitimate than City. :lol:

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

You can put it this way, if Messi isn't playing for Barcelona they would struggle to win things.

I'm quite happy that you think you were better and we were lucky. It's really both baffling and amusing that after all these years when we beat you, we do it in an exactly the same way giving you the ball and killing you on the counter. And you still can't figure where it went wrong. Luck, yep, must be luck.

macheda14

Lost credibility at mourinhos Chelsea 2011 champions league team.

Denis79

Agree with you, If we continued like we did the first 10 minutes we would have had another 8-2 result. We got the result but it could have been so much easier for us, De Gea showed his class and our counters were pin point sharp, Can't say we went about it wrong because we won but I'm sure we would have won by more if we continued our high press throughout the game.

Cantonagotmehere

Troll gonna troll....

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 84% of 930 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 695 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win