FA W FA Cup 4th Round

Arsenal 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Fri, 25 January 2019

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Just our typical Emirates game here.

Went on, played on counters, fecked Arsenal up with them and returned with the one.

10 years of going to Arsenal and winning on counters. 10 years or more of Arsenal failing to defend our counters. :lol:
Was just saying this to my gf. It seems like I have been seeing this story at the Emirates for the past decade, the characters change but the story remains the same.:D

onemanarmy

Good performance. 8/8, incredible.

I thought Ozil came on in the second half, but I didn't see him at all :lol:

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Typical away win against Arsenal - hit 'em on counters. Sanchez looked good. Lukaku was good for his assists, but the trademark shit first touch hasn't left him. Once Martial and Rashford came on, never any doubt.

Lindelof defended well. Romero had a De Gea-esque save which kept us in the lead. Good game from Pogba, could have been excellent if he'd spotted a couple of through balls early on. Matic was meh, Herrerra was everywhere.

Our full backs still look suspect, though, but who cares?

8 out of 8. Bring it on, Burnley.

Josep Dowling

It was an odd game all round. Crowd were quiet, two long delays, a player tussle that came from nothing.

Same old away game at Arsenal in recent years. They try to score the perfect goal whilst we get 3 on the counter. Pretty easy win really.

Andersons Dietician

We are lethal on a break and Pogba turned it on in that second half. The power runs and just having his ability to find a pass. Lindelof and Bailly didn’t look all that bad tonight either. This team I mean I knew they were better than the toxic one was trying to make out but this is more than I really expected.

Thought Shaw was very good as well but man needs to learn how to cross. Did put in 1 good one that if Rashford had just stretched out a foot was a goal.

Red_Aaron

The United of old against the arsenal of old.

Result was never in doubt for me

Give him the job and go big in the summer

We're back baby

Suvvernmanc

Seeing the look on my 11 snd 13 year olds faces before, during and after watching our team is priceless. We have our UTD back.

We will win some, we will lose some, but we are playing for the fans again. Bring on Burnley on Tuesday!!

Reactions: SteveJ

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Even first 20 minutes or so . Purple patch when we scored twice.

Disappointed in conceding just before half-time. Stifled Arsenal in the second half for the most part and took over control when Martial and Rashford came on , ended the match very well.

Enjoyable match , well deserved win.

8 out of 8 , we have our club back and everyone is smiling. Give it to Ole till the end of the season time.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Thought Pogba was immense. All defenders very good too. Herrera is like our milner. Just works his socks off for the good of the forwards. Very good first assist by Lukaku.

ash_86

We were setup brilliantly. How many times have we screamed here to try Lukaku on the right? It worked like a charm. Ole again changed the game with his subs. We're a top counter attacking side.

Siorac

Typical Emirates win.

Also: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I can't stop laughing since Ole's appointment. Glorious. Sitting here in a Milan pub, celebrating with two Martial-loving Frenchies.

paulie m

Good win.

Very underwhelming Pogba. I counted about 4 through balls he could of played through to Lingard and Rashford 2nd half, but decides to keep the ball and lose it.
You what? He was fantastic in the second half.
come on did we watch the same 2nd half he bossed that arsenal midfield they couldn’t get near him. Yeah he doesn’t always pass but then he makes a run that not many players 80 mins into a game could make and changes the balance of the game back in our favour. The man is a beast

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I'm so happy with the proactive substitutions by Ole. Rashford and Martial on when we were 2-1 up was fantastic.

Okay, Martial was poor but he did seal the game and took all the wind out of Arsenal. But Solskjaer was proactive, rather than reactive.

crossy1686

career ending
For every game we win it makes it harder and harder for people to argue against Ole being our next permanent manager. Such a well executed game plan today again, just give him the job already. We can't afford to lose this group of backroom staff again.

Adam_S

What I thought was great today was that at 2-1 with half an hour to go, instead of parking the bus, sh*tting ourselves and ending up at 2-2, we chucked on two fresh attackers and went for the win.

Give Ole a 20 year contract.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Think we schooled them in second half. Very impressive performance.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Won without getting out of 3rd gear. Have to give credit to the mgmt tonight. Arsenal aren't exactly the most difficult team to figure out, but figure them out we did

MonkeysMagic

Just love watching Utd going forward. Sharp, clinical and devastating on counter attack.

Some praise also for Bailly and thought Shaw is finally showing his Southampton days form, was excellent today. For as anonymous he was first half, Pogba was superb sec half and drove the team forward. Just got to keep going as we have teams such a gead start but Im seeing very good things.

Judas

Open to offers
Brilliant 2nd half, didn't think Arsenal offered much at all, but we made them look blunt. Being able to bring Martial and Rashford off the bench ended up being a lovely luxury to have, worked perfectly.

Jeffthered

Eight wins in a row is a tremendous record at any decent level of football. Got to give it to Ole, Phelan and the coaching staff.

We were better than them tonight. More power, threat. We looked like we had more experience.

Great to see Sanchez and Lukaku get good game time. Shaw is an important player for us. He needs to just keep playing, and playing and playing. Must remember, we are playing against Lacazette, Aubamayang, Ozil, Ramsey, Torreira... v v v good players.

Well done all.

siw2007

Great game of football. Arsenal played well but we were just that bit better!
Can’t think of one player who had a poor game but got to say that Lukaku was great and Pogba put a superb second half display on.

Dante

Average bang
I like Herrera. And he did nothing wrong today, per se. But looking to the future, we need to replace him.

As long as Pogba insists on playing as a left-side AM, the right-sided CM is going to be overworked and the rightback is going to get exposed. It's happened against both Tottenham and now Arsenal, which is a worrying trend.

I'm hesitant to blame either Ander or Young, because they both did their jobs. But United need to get a Kante style uber-DM as a counterbalance to Pogba.

AJ10

Arsenal pass * 100 then United counter and score. Repeat 3 times.

Felt like watching Fergie vs Wenger.

Player Ratings

7.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 494 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 35% Arsenal 1:2 Man Utd