FA W FA Cup 4th Round

Arsenal 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Fri, 25 January 2019

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I'm fecking elated.

That felt like the CL semi in 2009 and the league game in 2010.

Let them have their fun with the ball and then humiliate them just because we can.

Proper Emirates United performance of yore.

How Lukaku got MOTM though...

Lindelof excellent, Shaw and Young very good, Lingard even did more but Pogba bossed the entire match and just cause Lukaku happened to (probably accidentally) kick his donkey leg at the ball and it landed at a United player that scored, Jenas gave it to him. Did he not watch the rest of the match where he failed to be a footballer?

Anyway, sod it. 8 from 8, players happy, fans ecstatic. Ole's at the wheel and it feels great.

littlepeasoup

What's sad for them is that Ramsey was excellent tonight and probably their best player...and he's leaving for free this summer.
That's just Arsenal all over to be fair, they do make some strange personnel decisions. Must be weird for him playing on knowing he'll be gone in the Summer.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Don't know which game Jenas was watching. Arsenal were fecking shite. We were never troubled at all.

LingiBW

If we could just get 10% more from the defensive side of our play we could actually win 85% of all our upcoming matches.

AndyMUFC

Brilliant that. Were clinical in the first half and looked really threatening on the counter in the second. Lukaku and Sánchez came in and did a great job.

It is soon going to become extremely difficult not to give Ole this job.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
If we could just get 10% more from the defensive side of our play we could actually win 85% of all our upcoming matches.
feck that, what a shit run of form that would be if we were only winning 85%.

Don’t know if you’ve watched us, but we’re fecking magic and will go unbeaten now

Hoof the ball

I know the Arsenal fans are claiming that they were the better side, but, I'm not accepting that simply having more possession is in itself a meritorious thing. Having lots of possession and looking direct and dangerous is one thing, but having lots of the ball and creating very little in terms of clear opportunities with it, is not the hallmark of superiority.

We could have done some things better. We looked sloppy at times and a little sluggish with second balls and loose ball challenges, but on the whole we were more clinical and arguably created better definitive chances to score more goals.

Arsenal can keep their majority possession-padding stats moral victory.

OverratedOpinion

I swear Arsenal fans must feel like they understand the definition of insanity more than anyone. We completely out-thought them, it was one of those games where they could have scored in the 80th minute and we would have just upped it a gear and scored again.

Lindelof is becoming some defender and Pogba is a special, special football player.

I though the goal Alexis scored was brilliant considering he is lacking confidence and sharpness.

Jericholyte2

Romero - Best No. 2 around, never worried and pulled off a couple of good saves.

Young - Always seems to be very narrow defensively but likewise solid.
Bailly - Looked good, pretty solid. Didn’t get sent off or injured which always helps.
Lindelof - Really looking like a player now. Started toward end of JM run but pushing on now
Shaw - again lacked a bit going forward but solid

Herrera - One of the silent beneficiaries of Ole. Broke play up well and some good passes.
Matic - Can see he gets tired with higher intensity but was good.
Pogba - Awesome, never stopped, the number of driving runs at Arsenal was great to see.

Lingard - Composed for the goal. Offered lots of runs, not much else tbh.
Lukaku - two great assists, lots of endeavour. Clearly tired before sub and still has the touch of a dead person.
Sanchez - See Lingard, offered some good runs but still seems to be trying too much

Rashford - Good runs, always dangerous, but please stop putt in your head on other players’s heads.
Martial - Great positioning for the 3rd, cool calm finish to be expected by him. Sign the contract.
Jones - Didn’t get injured by the touch line paint.

There was maybe a 10min spell when I was nervous but generally never felt so comfortable against a top side since Fergie left.

Steerpike

I'd predicted a 2-1 defeat, and I'm very happy to be wrong.

I was pleased to see Lukaku and Sanchez get some game time and make positive contributions, and for us to take a 2 goal lead even though Paul Pogba had been largely anonymous in the first half (simply because it showed we could adapt when Pogba wasn't at his best). The second half was much more open, and Pogba 's performance picked up markedly.

I thought it was a close call for man of the match. The BBC gave it to Lukaku for his two assists, but I thought our full backs were both very good tonight, and Ashley Young just took it. He had a lot to cope with in the first half as our tactics were to leave Lukaku forward to exploit the space behind Kolasinac, so he often found himself in 2 vs 1 situations.

Matic looked off the pace, and I think finding a replacement for him is a top priority for us.

Romero made a really good save to keep us ahead at the start of the second half. We are very fortunate to have such a good reserve keeper.

OT1214

Not at all happy with Ole. Too late to start celebrating goals. Sack him now :devil:

Gomes

Not quite sure who was man of the match but Pogba definitely wasn't it.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
That was a solid professional performance against a top side. Brilliant to watch. Some brilliant football, effort and a bit of good old rough and tumble thrown in for good measure.

This was Ole’s best match by far. Tactically outdid Arsenal and for all of their tippy tappy rubbish they had little to throw back at us.

Brilliant ... I’m starting to beleive that Ole can do this.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Really good performance, possibly the most satisfying of the lot. Ole got his tactics and subs spot on tonight and is proving pretty damned irresistible right now.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Happy for Rom and Alexis contributing. Damn fine assist and finish for the first goal, not bad on both counts for the second neither.

I thought our second half performance was very disjointed. We were piss poor on the ball and gave them chance after chance to get into us, and if they'd have been more direct and clinical we'd be looking at a replay.

That being said 1-3 at a direct rival is not to be sniffed at, and eight out of eight certainly isn't. Onwards to Tuesday.

LingiBW

feck that, what a shit run of form that would be if we were only winning 85%.

Don’t know if you’ve watched us, but we’re fecking magic and will go unbeaten now
I have matey, i just don't want to tempt fate. I'd gladly accept being wrong and you being right. Cheers.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Great team effort. We actually look dangerous again. Thought Herrera was fantastic, another tireless display. Would have liked to see if the teams stamina has improved any but the lengthy stoppages meant we're none the wiser after this one.

RedTiger

Half mast
Got in late, missed the first 20mins. I love the players. I love the club and I love Ole.

Seriously, I don't give a sh*t how the season ends now. This is way and beyond a new manager bump and I pity da fo0l that can't see it. I'm 100% sure that Ole has got 75% of the formula right, the part that every manager since Fergie got wrong.
And I'm sorry mods, but Mourinho can seriously f*ck right off and banned from football till he has performed community service lol!! I'd be happy to participate in the Podcast for the first time, but it would have to be a pg18 version xD. GGMU. #RedDevil4Eva#feckDaMou#YouCantTouchThis#Nanana.
100% mate!

Steerpike

Good win.

Very underwhelming Pogba. I counted about 4 through balls he could of played through to Lingard and Rashford 2nd half, but decides to keep the ball and lose it.
Anonymous in the first half, but decent in the second. I don't understand how he gets the man of the match vote on here though (Young, Shaw, Lindelof and Lukaku were all better in my view).

Player Ratings

7.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 494 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 35% Arsenal 1:2 Man Utd
  • 12% Arsenal 1:3 Man Utd