PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Arsenal

Post-match discussion

Mon, 30 September 2019

tomaldinho1

McT maintains his rise
James is quality
Pereira I actually thought did ok

Issue is once again up top, no real clear openings from open play. The few times we got wide, there were crosses in and no players attacking the ball, there's just no invention when we need to create space. Yes there was one mistake defensively from a young, stand in LB but we can't go into games without the ability to create anything.

Chairman Steve

We look so clueless in the final third. It’s so scary. Do they practice attacking patterns of any form? If one of LVGs biggest faults as manager was way too much trust in Rooney to provide goals, then OGSs will be the same for ‘Rashy’.

James looked great throughout. He actually look like a rare good piece of transfer business.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
We are basically a midtable side with delusions of Top3-4. Top5-6 not even guaranteed because WH, Leicester, Palace, Spurs and Chelsea are currently better than us.

Arse might be shit, but for some reason they are 4th with 12 points. On the other hand, we are shit but unlucky, bland and casual. This already reeks of 13-14. 7th, 8th...easily. Not even 45 goals scored at this rate by May. Not sure the return of Bissaka, Shaw and Martial will help us reach Top4-6 positions.

MonkeysMagic

One of these days I will watch two games in a row where a brain fart by one of the Utd players doesn't cost us a goal. Individual errors repeated throughout the season are responsibility of each player but the collective apathy that has set in means we just have to put up with these mediocre performances week-in work-out.

RoyH1

Not so long ago these 2 clubs were the best in the land. How times change. They’re even worse than us on most levels, but Auba is a better striker than any on our squad.

Triple.Threat

No less than what's expected, we are a mid-table team with a somewhat decent defence and a sold goalie which will see us finishing anywhere from 8th-11th.

Red Stone

I don't think I can deal with watching Lingard and/or Young start another game for us. It ruins my day every time.

forevrared

United are shit, Arsenal are shit, Kevin Friend is shit, the assistant is shit, VAR is shit. Football is shit.

Schmeichel=God

I've had enough of Ole now. He is single handedly smothering this team to death.

Pogba at pivot is wasting his ability. And there is ZERO evidence of any positional awareness or attacking movement/guile. It is actually getting worse. The structure is woeful and Ole should be ashamed of the football this team is proffering.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Another match we should have won.

2 moments which decided it, a missed header by mctominay and a poor pass by tuanzebe.

We’ve had worse performances but this just sums us up recently.
Not to mention VAR failing to award us a very clear penalty, only to leap into action for Arsenal's goal.

MrBest

Fed up of these tactics. Why is there never anyone running in the box? Why is Pogba so deep? Why are we so slow? What is with the constant back passes? I have tried and tried to be positive but this is painful. 9 goals is 7 games. 2 wins in 7 games. Worst start in 30 years ( yes even Moyes has more points ). The starting 11 cost almost 300m yet we we sit here with 9 points.

Shiva87

Is it only me that thought that we did well tonight. Unfortunately, the subs offered nothing and one mistake from axel cost us the win.

Too many of these happening now, and we need to find a way to cut those out. Rashford just doesn't look like he is comfortable playing at 10. Needs to go back out wide, and we need Martial back!

predator

Youth NITK
We did better than i expected. We aren't good enough and to hear shock still in peoples reactions is the only shocking thing. We have been bang average for a while now and the lack of attacking signings in the summer confirmed it for me.

big rons sovereign

Absolute crap. I can't cope with watching Ashley young give possession to the opposition for 90 minutes any more.
Pissing about passing it from side to side at the back before giving it to the 'captain' to hoof up the field to nobody. Mind-blowing tactics.
Kevin friend obviously decided free kick arsenal before the game regardless of how ridiculous it was.
9 points after 7 games is embarrassing.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Important 1 points against top 4 contender.

Lingard, Young and Rashford are shockingly bad though, probably among the worst player in the league.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Rashford is not a good 9. James was basically our only threat. Tuanzebe will be disappointed with his mistake.

Gary Neville retired after that WBA game but Young has had numerous performances just as bad as that.

Was that one of worse United Arse game in recent times? Felt like it.

Lingard was invisible, just like this sentence.

diarm

Two terrible teams playing terrible football in a terrible game in terrible weather.
With terrible commentators and a terrible referee.

The best entertainment, best coverage of the best league of the best sport in the world... AND IT'S LIVE!

GenZRed

I said in another thread that this game was for 5th place. I actually think it might be for 7th place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Got teary eyed. What a tribute to the "Battle of Old Trafford" 2003.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
We’re every inch a mid-table team, top six would be an achievement based on quality of the players and manager.
Yes we are. So let's critique in that context.

Given the age, experience and talent profile of our team tonight, it was a par performance.

My only point of optimism is that I can see more potential in our side, than Arsenal.

Smores

One of these days I will watch two games in a row where a brain fart by one of the Utd players doesn't cost us a goal. Individual errors repeated throughout the season are responsibility of each player but the collective apathy that has set in means we just have to put up with these mediocre performances week-in work-out.
Was the same under Moyes and for a while i blamed the players but it becomes evident eventually

DavidDeSchmikes

Rashford is not a good 9. James was basically our only threat. Tuanzebe will be disappointed with his mistake.

Gary Neville retired after that WBA game but Young has had numerous performances just as bad as that.

Was that one of worse United Arse game in recent times? Felt like it.

Lingard was invisible, just like this sentence.
Wasn't there a 0-0 at the Emirates under Moyes

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
Much better performance than the recent games. Most enjoyable game in the league by us since week one, for me. OK first half, more than decent second half. Enjoyed the team giving it a go second half, we played with the necessary urgency to win which I like from United. We really should have won this. All round deserved to win. Gutted we couldn’t find that second goal after the refereeing disaster for the “offside” on Auba’s equaliser. On to the next.

Last edited:

DRM

Fed up of these tactics. Why is there never anyone running in the box? Why is Pogba so deep? Why are we so slow? What is with the constant back passes? I have tried and tried to be positive but this is painful. 9 goals is 7 games. 2 wins in 7 games. Worst start in 30 years ( yes even Moyes has more points ). The starting 11 cost almost 300m yet we we sit here with 9 points.
Out of everythong, these two really annoy me. fecking clueless manager

Fooza

Our best player is the one who came from Swansea in the championship.
That's what £900m gets you.
Really sums us up and the season ahead. James is head and shoulders above our attackers, sickening.

Walters_19_MuFc

Didn't think we were too bad tonight. Scoring 1 goal against Arsenal was never going to be enough, though. That said, I never thought we were going to concede, unless we gifted them a goal like we did.

We had chances to win it in the second half. McTominay's chance being the stand out.

Its clear we lack quality in the final third, though, and because of that, we fail to kill teams off.

Schmeichel=God

Can we discuss Tuanzebe as a prospect going forward, despite his mistake? What do we think...useful at LB, RB, CB, DM and move Pogba forward?

Player Ratings

5.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 417 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 15% Man Utd 1:1 Arsenal
  • 13% Man Utd 2:1 Arsenal